Windows 10: UWP apps randomly being installed on system when new profile is create

Discus and support UWP apps randomly being installed on system when new profile is create in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have made an image Windows 10 Pro for our systems here. In the default user account, before a user logs in, or the Administrator account is active,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DarkRookie, Jan 4, 2017.

1. UWP apps randomly being installed on system when new profile is create

I have made an image Windows 10 Pro for our systems here.
    In the default user account, before a user logs in, or the Administrator account is active, I run the commands to clean out the UWP apps since we do not use them and do not want the users too.
    Code: get-appxprovisionedpackage -online | remove-appxprovisionedpackage -online[/quote] and
    Code: get-appxpackage -allusers | remove-appxpackage[/quote] This gets rid of those annoying apps, and they do not appear when new accounts are created. At first.
    After one of these system has been connected to the internet for a bit, UWP apps start getting installed without any user input.
    This will happen on a user account and the administrator account as well.

The Store app is removed in the above process, so I do not know how these are installing.
    I have checked all the settings that I can find, and nothing should be allowing these.
    Online searches yield nothing, except for instructions on manually removing them. Can do, but don't want to keep doing.

These systems are on a domain if that's a cause or problem.

:)

DarkRookie, Jan 4, 2017

2. Some hotkeys on the keyboard don't work after OOBE.

Yes. This is an expected result. In some devices, hotkeys need an UWP App support. UWP App would be installed during OOBE and some time after OOBE. If UWP App cannot complete installation, hotkeys cannot work. The UWP APP installation time depends on device
    configuration. Sometimes, it needs several minutes or more than half an hour.

Symptom:

Hotkey cannot work just after OOBE (out of box experience) for a new device or create a new account then first time log in with new account.

Workaround:

1. Wait a moment until UWP App would be installed completely.

Or

2. Manually launch the hotkey App at once. Windows will do UWP App installation at high priority if end user launch this App. So this App will be launched soon and hotkeys could work fine.

So this is neither a Windows bug nor a device issue. Just wait a moment, this will be OK.

duoduobear, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Why creating another profile (standard user) prevents me from using Mail, Calendar, Store, etc?

Hi Pico

I'm well aware of how to create new profiles and use restore points. This still doesn't address the underlying problem that there is a bug within Windows that causes many UWP apps to break, and this will not be resolved until Microsoft issues a patch.

Jason.Clishe, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

UWP apps randomly being installed on system when new profile is create

Brink, Jan 4, 2017
Thema:

UWP apps randomly being installed on system when new profile is create

1. UWP apps randomly being installed on system when new profile is create - Similar Threads - UWP apps randomly

2. Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?: I want to migrate to a new profile, but I'm not sure if I can use the same email for the setup process. The password can probably stay the same, but can the email? I think the Microsoft account and profiles might be separate, but I'm not sure.Thank you!...
  3. Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?: I want to migrate to a new profile, but I'm not sure if I can use the same email for the setup process. The password can probably stay the same, but can the email? I think the Microsoft account and profiles might be separate, but I'm not sure.Thank you!...
  4. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  5. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  6. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Large spool file is created when printing Windows 10 UWP app

in Windows 10 News
    Large spool file is created when printing Windows 10 UWP app: [ATTACH]Some Windows users might be experiencing issues when printing from Modern UWP App creates a huge spool file when Advanced Printing feature is selected or […] This article Large spool file is created when printing Windows 10 UWP app first appeared on...
  8. Random apps being installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random apps being installed: Recently I got windows 10 and apps like candy crush and spotify are being installed without my consent. How do I disable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-apps-being-installed/154f7466-de05-4209-be7a-d653120f61b4
  9. Can't install UWP apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install UWP apps.: I had this problem just today, I tried installing Minecraft for Windows 10 because it had an update. The thing is, Microsoft Store keeps giving me the error code 0x80070002. I managed to get the APPX for it and it gives me -2147219196 and -2147219195. I tried reinstalling...
  10. Can't install UWP apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install UWP apps.: I had this problem just today, I tried installing Minecraft for Windows 10 because it had an update. The thing is, Microsoft Store keeps giving me the error code 0x80070002. I managed to get the APPX for it and it gives me -2147219196 and -2147219195. I tried reinstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where to find hotkey UWP Service in my HP

2. hp hotkey uwp service removed