Windows 10: UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

Discus and support UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys! I have a 2016 i5 with Nvidia GPU Surface Book since launch and it has not given me any trouble until recently. So I first notice that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/quaintquail11, Nov 14, 2019.

1. UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

Hi guys! I have a 2016 i5 with Nvidia GPU Surface Book since launch and it has not given me any trouble until recently. So I first notice that my Photos App is not starting and I started using a third party photo viewer so I don't think it's much of a problem. Just now, realized that the Microsoft Store App also won't start. After checking other UWP apps, the people, Surface, and maps apps also won't open. I tried the troubleshooter, terminate, and resetting the apps. I wanted to uninstall them but with the store app not working, I'm not sure how to install it again.

Any ideas to why? Do I need to reinstall the whole Windows? Thanks in advance guys, have a nice day!

submitted by /u/quaintquail11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/quaintquail11, Nov 14, 2019

2. Launch Path for UWPs

Hi,

I suggest you to refer the article on Launch the default app for a file and check if it helps.

Launch the default app for a file - Windows UWP applications

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you

Anup Karkal, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Get Windows 10 App won´t launch

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me. Finally after a lot of manual updates, my Get Windows 10 app is showing in the taskbar.

However, now when I left click it, right click Get Windows 10, right click Check your Update status, the app launches and immediately closes down again.

The options Go to Windows Update and Get to know Windows 10 do work.

Just the app won´t launch. Anyone ideas?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit operating system

JorisKurstjens, Nov 14, 2019
  4. UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

1. UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch - Similar Threads - UWP Apps Won't

2. Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch: Upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 one week ago. Found that I had sound issues. I tried to check settings but they would not launch. Then noticed the window start menu would not work. Tried to downgrade using a Windows system image made one year ago when the pc was purchased....
  3. Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch: Upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 one week ago. Found that I had sound issues. I tried to check settings but they would not launch. Then noticed the window start menu would not work. Tried to downgrade using a Windows system image made one year ago when the pc was purchased....
  4. UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.: I've been trying to get Windows apps to work for couple months now. I have tried everything, and nothing worked. When I try to load a UWP app it does nothing. It doesn't even show an error. This is what I have tried:1. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.

UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.: I've been trying to get Windows apps to work for couple months now. I have tried everything, and nothing worked. When I try to load a UWP app it does nothing. It doesn't even show an error. This is what I have tried:1. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start: I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start giving me the error, "The app didn't start in time" so I tried to find out how to use Powershell to install the app, but it stays...
  7. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start: I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start giving me the error, "The app didn't start in time" so I tried to find out how to use Powershell to install the app, but it stays...
  8. Start Menu won't launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't launch: I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've...
  9. Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10

Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10: Clicking the link will bring you to Windows Store(and open it at the same time) ONLY if you have Edge set as default browser: Kodi The media player, Kodi, has just been upgraded to the new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app format and can now be found in the...
  10. Store Apps won't launch

Store Apps won't launch: So after the yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10, I decided to download it again and make an USB for a fresh installation. Done that. But after I booted into the OS, I noticed that Store Apps won't launch at all. Even the defaults like Mail and Music and everything 'metro'. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp app wont launch certificate expired