Windows 10: UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update

Discus and support UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The above is happening to me. I've already tried the sfc /scannow (possible wrong terminology), resetting the Microsoft Store, doing that PowerShell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Judah_Richardson, Aug 9, 2019.

1. UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update

The above is happening to me. I've already tried the sfc /scannow (possible wrong terminology), resetting the Microsoft Store, doing that PowerShell script that reinstalls all UWP apps, and resetting the app itself.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? It happened after the v1803 -> v1809 update too, and fixed itself over time. I'd rather it not happen at all and be able to fix it right away.

Any ideas?

:)

Judah_Richardson, Aug 9, 2019

2. Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

Hi,

i also posted this question in the developer forums, cause it is more appropriate there:

[UWP][HTML]Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

But to give you the asked infos:

• It is a self developed Hosted WebApp
    • The Windows is updated, Version in previous post
    • The issue started when i first tested the App offline
    • The troubleshooting steps are all described in my post
    • No Screenshot, cause the app crashes silently, when debugging the Exception comes from the WWAHost
    Greetings

Lars Wolter

LarsWolter, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 from v1809

Hi all,

I got my new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 laptop which i got Windows 10 v1803 pre-installed. Out of curiosity i updated my windows forcefully to v1903 and lost my WiFi connectivity. I tried rolling back drivers and all the troubleshooting steps from various sites
    and it didn't help me.

On checking known issues for Windows 10 v1903 there is a issue with previous generation Qualcomm WiFi network cards. (Link: Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903 - Windows Release Information )

I reinstalled my Windows 10 and downgraded to v1809 and everything works fine. From today
    (29th May 2019) i started getting a notification in my windows update page that my PC is ready to upgrade to v1903.

UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update 0c10afc3-fa46-4b52-87d5-9c32e93d7e19?upload=true.jpg

Should i go ahead and take the risk of updating or should i wait for more days before i get this updated?.

Hardware Details:

Network Card: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_080711AD

Any suggestions / solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sankar R

ramsankar0206, Aug 9, 2019
  4. UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update

Windows app crashing on startup

Update on this:

Now all windows apps are crashing on startup: (Calculator, Store, Windows photo)

Mohammed Alqaraghuli, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update

1. UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update - Similar Threads - UWP Calculator app

2. UWP apps crash explorer after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP apps crash explorer after update: i recently updated my windows 11 machine to the latest 22h2 version but now whenever i try to open any uwp app e.g. settings, msstore, calculator, samsung flow, videos, photos etc.. explorer crashes and restarts. after it crashes a couple of times a window pops up with the...
  3. UWP apps crash explorer after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP apps crash explorer after update: i recently updated my windows 11 machine to the latest 22h2 version but now whenever i try to open any uwp app e.g. settings, msstore, calculator, samsung flow, videos, photos etc.. explorer crashes and restarts. after it crashes a couple of times a window pops up with the...
  4. UWP apps crashing on startup, including Photos and Cortana

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP apps crashing on startup, including Photos and Cortana: Exactly as the title says, i cant find any working solutions, help would be appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp-apps-crashing-on-startup-including-photos-and/40565e65-8cfc-4d10-83a8-b33fc64c680e
  5. UWP Apps Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP Apps Crashing: Since upgrading to 1909, I noticed I'm having issues trying to launch some of the Windows Store apps. SO far I've found issues with both the Feedback Hub and Xbox Console Companion (including beta) apps. What happens is that the app will launch for a second, before force...
  6. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  7. Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing: Currently having an issue when I launch either Calculator or the Photos app the only apps I really use on Windows 10 it crashes and force closes immediately. I tried resetting, reinstalling the apps using powershell commands following this guide here but to no avail. Also...
  8. Calculator of Windows 10 (v1903) keeps crashing

Calculator of Windows 10 (v1903) keeps crashing: Hello Community, after setting up a completly new userprofile, the user now encouters an error with the latest Version of Windows 10. Please look at the following screenshot for further details about the used system. He is still using the same device as always and nothing...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 from v1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 from v1809: Hi all, I got my new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 laptop which i got Windows 10 v1803 pre-installed. Out of curiosity i updated my windows forcefully to v1903 and lost my WiFi connectivity. I tried rolling back drivers and all the troubleshooting steps from various sites and it...
  10. Windows uwp apps start crashing after update to 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows uwp apps start crashing after update to 1809: So, day after release, my laptop showed up update for version 1809. I updated, and went everything smooth. After update, i thought of updating windows apps later next day, and on next day, BAM! Windows store crashed. I thought must be temporary. Then i opened a music file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. script for repair application 1903 event crash

2. calculator app fixed by sfc scannow

3. uwp application getting crashed frequently 1903

4. Microsoft Calculator App crashes on windows 10 1809 & 1903,
  5. why is calculator names app name after 1903,
  6. uwp app not working in 1903,
  7. calculator keeps crashing windows 10 update 1903