Windows 10: UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes

Discus and support UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A while ago, Microsoft confirmed that it’s working on a universal app version of File Explorer and it’s not supposed to replace the legacy File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 21, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes

A while ago, Microsoft confirmed that it’s working on a universal app version of File Explorer and it’s not supposed to replace the legacy File Explorer, at least for now. The new and modern File Explorer version is actually available on devices with Windows 10 Creators Update and newer but it’s hidden.

Microsoft hasn’t made the new UWP File Explorer widely available in Windows 10 because it’s not ready and the project is still a work in progress.

UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes UWP-File-Explorer-with-Fluent-Design.jpg

The UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with some noticeable changes over the previous versions. First and foremost, Microsoft has moved the toolbar from the bottom of the screen to the top.

UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes [​IMG]

There’s a new “paste” option on the toolbar that lets you paste a copied file in a folder. For example, to paste a file in a folder, you can simply right-click any file, copy it and finally tap on new paste option present in the toolbar.

UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes [​IMG]

As you can see in the screenshot above, Microsoft has replaced the “move to” and “copy to” options with “cut” and “copy”. There’s also a new option “set as background” that allows you to set any picture as the background of your desktop. There’s also a touch of acrylic and shadow effect on the context menu.

Article idea via WC.

The post UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2018
  3. amaan07 Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

installed everything step by step as mentioned, what do u mean by change another dolby uwp preset?

i am also losing bass enhancements and swap center/woofer option in realtek panel.

amaan07, Aug 21, 2018
  4. UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes

Windows 10 Redstone: Card UI coming to Action Center and Cortana

Windows 10 Redstone: Card UI coming to Action Center and Cortana

Read more: http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-...center-cortana

Cluster Head, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes

1. UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes - Similar Threads - UWP File Explorer

2. Windows 10 file explorer UI is glitched

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer UI is glitched: Every time I open the file explorer, I see this...I don't know the reason this happens and what is changed in a monthwhen everything worked well neither. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance....
  3. Redstone 5 Reset option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 Reset option: I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again. Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are no more options besides these two like the previous version. My question is if I choose the second option, Remove files and...
  4. Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:: My problem is that when I click the right mouse button to open the Options page, when I go to: New Crashes absurdly, and reaches the point of shutting down Explorer......
  5. How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10: Microsoft appears to be focused on improving the desktop File Explorer but the software maker is quietly testing UWP File Explorer for Windows 10. The UWP File Explorer is still believed to be actively developed and it’s scheduled to launch with Windows Core OS. UWP File...
  6. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon: Microsoft earlier today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring for testing. Microsoft says that this build marks a step in the process that signals the point in the development cycle where the company’s focus will be on...
  7. A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5: The next big update of Windows 10 is codenamed Redstone 5 and it’s projected to arrive in the fall. Windows 10 Redstone 5 is currently in development, and Microsoft is improving the OS with the help from Windows Insiders. Windows 10 RS 5 will be a big update, and it’ll...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile features that are coming in Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile features that are coming in Redstone 2: Ever since April, it's been rumored that Microsoft's next feature update for Windows 10, codenamed Redstone 2, will have a greater focus on Mobile. In fact, Redstone 3 is rumored to be the same. At day two of Microsoft's Ignite 2016 conference today in a session called,...
  9. Redstone Wave 2 comes. :)

in Windows 10 News
    Redstone Wave 2 comes. :): Redstone Wave 2 Comes! *Wink Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Source: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 49724
  10. Windows 10 Redstone: Card UI coming to Action Center and Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone: Card UI coming to Action Center and Cortana: Windows 10 Redstone: Card UI coming to Action Center and Cortana Microsoft is about to bring interactive cards to the Action Center and Cortana in Windows 10 Redstone, sources familiar with the matter say. No longer will the Action Center or Cortana offer static...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp desktop title bar acrylic transparent