Windows 10: UWP icons dark on taskbar

Discus and support UWP icons dark on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have started using some UWP apps and have pinned them to the taskbar. But on some PCs, the icons are dark so they cannot be seen. I can click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kjlkjadfasdfasd, Aug 25, 2019.

1. UWP icons dark on taskbar

I have started using some UWP apps and have pinned them to the taskbar. But on some PCs, the icons are dark so they cannot be seen. I can click the spot where I know they are and start the apps, I just cannot see them.

Initially, I thought it was an issue with Start10, but even after fully removing it the problem is the same. Things I've checked:
    1) uninstall Start10 and reboot
    2) Taskbar Settings -- identical between machine with dark icons and one with normal icons
    3) right-click desktop and 'Personalize.' Every setting in Background, Colors, Themes, Taskbar, etc. is identical across machines. Default Windows mode is 'dark' and default app mode is light, transparency effects off, etc.
    4) delete iconcache.db and reboot

This is driving me nuts because I cannot find a solution anywhere online. Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm on 1903 most recent non-Insider build, but this was an issue even with 1809. I just never bothered trying to figure it out until now.

I'm attaching a pic of a working one & one with dark icons. On the right-side of each image are icons for the MS Calendar and To-Do UWP apps, you just cannot see them on the second image.

UWP icons dark on taskbar [​IMG]

UWP icons dark on taskbar [​IMG]

:)

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 25, 2019
  4. UWP icons dark on taskbar

Icons of UWP/Metro apps not showing in taskbar

UWP icons dark on taskbar eae356dc-591c-4de0-8e53-e85eea72d453.jpg

Icons of UWP/Metro/Modern apps (first gap in the image is Edge, second (the active app) is mail, third is Twitter) are not showing up in the taskbar, nor when they're pinned, nor when they're opened. Icons of classic desktop (Win32) apps are visible. Icons
    from the right to PowerShell are pinned, from Slack to the right are just opened.

I've tried several reboots, upinning and re-pinning the apps and a script suggested here: Icons pinned to task bar are not displayed properly on Windows 10.,
    but my problem isn't solved. Any ideas?

Arthur Rump, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

UWP icons dark on taskbar

1. UWP icons dark on taskbar - Similar Threads - UWP icons dark

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Icon is Different in Light vs Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Icon is Different in Light vs Dark Mode: For some reason, certain taskbar icons appear differently in light mode vs dark mode.In the below example, iTunes and Simplenote have a strange square behind them in light mode.When switched to dark mode, the icons normalize.How do I fix this so that the icons look normal in...
  3. Outdated UWP Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outdated UWP Icons: I've seen a couple os posts mentioning Windows UWP icons to be outdated, but any of the solutions suggested worked for me. In my case, the icons for XBox Game Bar, Windows Security and Settings apps are outdated, all the others I have installed on my PC are up to date. I...
  4. Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme?: So, if you turn on light theme the icons in taskbar (icon tray) like WiFi, volume etc turn black. Is it possible to use the black themes icons while using the overall dark theme on Windows? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]...
  5. UWP icons missing only on the taskbar

UWP icons missing only on the taskbar: This problem occured only recently. Just now I launched Calculator and Edge and noticed that their icons are missing. I looked at the taskbar, turns out there were more missing icons. All turned out to be for UWP apps. What to do?...
  6. UWP Icons are Broken

in Cortana
    UWP Icons are Broken: Hi, I noticed that when I do a search for a UWP App. Their icons are broken. How to fix this? See example below: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp-icons-are-broken/2b98db5c-3d84-4569-a478-04cc607b509c
  7. On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark

On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark: Win 10 2004. Apparently as a result of changing the background in a video program AVC from light to dark and back, the background in other programs, Windows Explorer and the time, hidden icons and speakers icons on the taskbar turned dark too. In addition, the background for...
  8. Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons: [IMG] Hey, is there any way how to manually change taskbar icons of UWP apps for the light theme? It seems like many UWP apps don't have built-in support for the light theme of Windows Shell and therefore the taskbar displays plated version when the user switches to light...
  9. How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?

How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?: I used to the Visual Studio Asset Generator to generate images for all visual assets. When I run the app, the Taskbar icon is too small and it picks the accent color I have chosen. For reference, I have uploaded the icon of Visual Studio 2017 as well. How do I make the icon...
  10. UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.: Hey everyone! I'm having an issue where various UWP app icons no longer display in the taskbar. Win32 apps all display correctly. Please see my attached screenshot for an example. I've reset the icon cache etc to no avail. Thank you! 119986