Windows 10: UWP MIDI implementation disables USB Control Surface Devices

Discus and support UWP MIDI implementation disables USB Control Surface Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wasn't sure which forum section to post this. So I posted here. I use Cakewalk Sonar (Platinum version) recording studio program (DAW). The latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fireberd, Mar 28, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

UWP MIDI implementation disables USB Control Surface Devices

I wasn't sure which forum section to post this. So I posted here.

I use Cakewalk Sonar (Platinum version) recording studio program (DAW). The latest update (2017.03) includes support for the Windows 10 UWP MIDI Implementation (see below from Cakewalk). However, changing from the default "MME" to "UWP" disables USB connected MIDI "control surfaces" such as the Behringer X-Touch and Frontier Tranzport. There are reports of other devices being disabled the same way. I see no way to enable these devices??? I know this may be an application issue or even a device driver issue but thought I'd run by the Win 10 guru's.

Here is the statement from Cakewalk on this item in the upgrade"

:)

fireberd, Mar 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 and USB MIDI conflict with Microsoft GS Wavetable synth

I'm using a MIDI sequencer (Forte3) on my laptop running windows 10. and am having trouble connecting it to my MIDI keyboard

Forte is a legacy (x86) software tool

I have connected my midi keyboard to the laptop using a USB to MIDI cable

The midi cable is recognized in Device Manager under Sound,Video and Game controllers as

USB 2.0 MIDI

General info

Sound, Video and Game controller

(Generic USB Audio)

Device status

This Device is working properly

In Forte I've selected USB 2.0 MIDI as my MIDI input/output device and when I test it (using the FORTE test function) it plays properly through my MIDI keyboard.

However when I start the sequencer playing a midi sequence, it plays through the Microsoft GS wavetable Synth and not the USB MIDI 2.0 device that was selected.

In earlier versions of windows this problem was fixed by selecting the USB device as the Default windows MIDI playback device.

I can't find anything that corresponds to this in windows 10.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PaulKuklinski, Mar 28, 2017
  3. USB MIDI Audio Interface (M-Audio USB MIDI device) - not working in certain applications for MIDI Input.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

1) I have a MIDI keyboard connected to my desktop via a M-Audio USB MIDI Interface.

2) This device has worked before fine, but all-of-a-sudden, one of the apps I use to write music (Famitracker) suddenly will not open the MIDI Input. It's the same error I get when another application is using the MIDI controller at the same time - maybe
    there is some service or application running in the background that is using the MIDI controller? If so, I can't figure out what it would be.

3) MIDI-OX (the software used to test MIDI input/output) also will not open the MIDI controller input. It says Unknown external error.

4) However, Finale V 25 detects the MIDI controller and I am able to use my MIDI keyboard just fine.

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

BorisBeckah, Mar 28, 2017
Thema:

UWP MIDI implementation disables USB Control Surface Devices

1. UWP MIDI implementation disables USB Control Surface Devices - Similar Threads - UWP MIDI implementation

2. Midi over usb devices suddenly stop working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Midi over usb devices suddenly stop working.: So I have a few midi peripherals for my pro audio windows computer. After several months of stability, suddenly one device will stop working forever. The usual uninstall, change cables and ports etc all tried to death. The only fix is creating a new windows profile and...
  3. Midi over usb devices suddenly stop working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Midi over usb devices suddenly stop working.: So I have a few midi peripherals for my pro audio windows computer. After several months of stability, suddenly one device will stop working forever. The usual uninstall, change cables and ports etc all tried to death. The only fix is creating a new windows profile and...
  4. USB midi device issue

USB midi device issue: I am having big issues with my new Asus M409DA running W10. I bought an MAudio Midisport Uno to connect and edit an amp that has midi but i keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation. It connects fine to my daughters Zenbook and installs into sound, video...
  5. Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

Driver issues with MIDI/USB device: Okay I have a Casio px-150 Keyboard. Don't tell me to check the manufacturer website. It is supposed to use the generic drivers made for windows 10 to operate. USB plug and play. It recognizes the device but doesn't assign it any drivers. No don't ask me to run older drivers...
  6. Windows isn't recognizing my usb midi device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows isn't recognizing my usb midi device: When I connect my Keystation Pro 88 I get "usb device not recognized... May have malfunctioned" and in device manager it shows up as "unknown usb device: device descriptor request failed." It is natively supported and doesn't require a proprietary driver, but I did try...
  7. midi USB cable

midi USB cable: I've a new cable but it did not function correctly 2 M Keyboard naar PC USB MIDI Cable Converter PC Muziek toetsenbord Cord USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface can you please help me out it did not work with windows 10 it show Device USB\VID_15CA&PID_0101\5&aea7634&0&2 was not...
  8. usb midi help

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb midi help: hi I need help with my midi cord from amazon, my laptop is not understanding it right. so plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-midi-help/91309b2c-3ceb-4804-8bbb-b4466716c9a0
  9. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...
  10. USB midi controller and Windows 10 update

USB midi controller and Windows 10 update: Hi, I have an M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller keyboard that I was using through usb into a DAW (Reaper) for producing music. It was working until the last Windows 10 update, but now Reaper doesn't recognise that I've got the device connected...nothing shows up as a midi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UWP Midi