Windows 10: V.2004 Update Notification Question

Discus and support V.2004 Update Notification Question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; WU on my system has the message stating that v.2004 is available, but that my system isnt eligible to receive it currently. That I understand. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jamis, Jun 20, 2020.

1. jamis Win User

V.2004 Update Notification Question

WU on my system has the message stating that v.2004 is available, but that my system isnt eligible to receive it currently. That I understand. The question is: When the FU is available for my system, will a notice show up in the Message Center, or will I have to check on WU to see it? Probably a nit, but was just wondering what has happened with other recent FUs? I dont recall what transpired with them. All I remember is having v.1909 automatically downloaded and failing the install (twice).

:)

jamis, Jun 20, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    no update notification

Hi Kent,

One possible cause why you're unable to receive notification is due to wrong configuration settings. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to receive notification before?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Security and Maintenance.
    • Choose Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Put a check on the check box.
    • Click OK.

This will allow you to disable/enable specific types of messages, including messages about Windows Update, Internet security settings, User Account Control, Windows Backup, and more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 20, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. V.2004 Update Notification Question - Similar Threads - 2004 Update Notification

2. v.2004 CU & v.20H2 FU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    v.2004 CU & v.20H2 FU: Not a problem or question, but today, I unpaused WU and let it run updates. The CU KB5001330 for v.2004 took 2 hours to run and complete. No problems, nor errors. I followed this with the FU to v.20H2, also from WU. The FU took 25 minutes. I know 20H2 isn't much of an update,...
  3. Update From 1909 to 2004 Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update From 1909 to 2004 Questions: This morning I took the plunge and updated from 1909 to 2004. Did this via a USB stick with the Windows 2004 install ISO. Everything went well (although I had made an additional Macrium Reflect image of the 1909 install . . . just in case). So, I have a few questions. I've...
  4. error 0x80029c4a during W10 update to v 2004 and v 20H2

error 0x80029c4a during W10 update to v 2004 and v 20H2: My PC was offered the opportunity to install the May 2020 W10 feature upgrade. However, the upgrade failed, with error 0x80029c4a . An earlier upgrade had also failed, essentially because of a faulty hard drive and some files missing in one area. I was then able to examine a...
  5. Question on update from Win 10 v 2004 to v 20H2

Question on update from Win 10 v 2004 to v 20H2: My daughter updated her Win 10 v 1909 to 20H2 and had major operational issues. I have v 2004 and am reluctant to make the update. Dell tech told her that in order for her to install 20H2 she would need to format her SSD HD and reinstall windows or use Media Creation tool. Am...
  6. 2004 Update Questions

2004 Update Questions: I keep failing the 2004 update on the 2nd boot at 75%. If I try an upgrade, after checking to see if the hardware is compatible and that there is enough drive space it immediately starts verifying the download, instead of downloading a new copy. I tried it from a bootable...
  7. Question about 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about 2004 update: I just updated one of my laptops to 2004 and it went fine, but then I noticed in the start menu app list at the bottom, under "Other" there is an app called ms-resource:ProductName. IIRC, it wasn't there before I updated from 1909 to 2004. I read it might go away after more...
  8. Device Driver Issue For v.2004 Update...

Device Driver Issue For v.2004 Update...: WU is stating that the v.2004 update is on hold for my system with the "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device, youll see the update available on this page." message. The system has an NVIDIA GEForce 7300 LE graphics card installed with a...
  9. failed attempt to update to 10 v.2004

failed attempt to update to 10 v.2004: I was trying to install new windows update but was unsuccessful. From event log i see: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. I already tried to twice to make the update same...
  10. Windows 2004 update question

Windows 2004 update question: I recently installed the windows 10 2004 update from an iso, I was wondering what will happen when this update gets released officially? will my PC receive the latest updates as normal due to me installing it early , Should I turn on windows insider to move to the official...