Windows 10: V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.

Discus and support V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Haha I do not know if it is me,but, noticing a lot more background interference from Microsoft odds and sods, working away in the background.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mothie, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Mothie Win User

V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.

*Haha I do not know if it is me,but, noticing a lot more background interference from Microsoft odds and sods, working away in the background.

Comments welcome.
    *What

:)

Mothie, Feb 26, 2019

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Feb 26, 2019
  4. V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.

1. V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background. - Similar Threads - V1809 Lot Microsoft

2. lots of sign in activity on my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lots of sign in activity on my account.: I only just found out about this now and it's been going on since the start of this year.. I'v checked the sign in activity and there are a number of unsuccessfull sign in atempts from different countrys. but I noticed that there is one on the 02/05/2023 that says it was...
  3. Background to internet is black, lots of text is yellow. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background to internet is black, lots of text is yellow. Why?: [ATTACH] So this is confusing to explain. A lot of the backgrounds to pages is now black, a lot of text is now yellow. The youtube play bar is fully black so i can't see where I am in a video. This is actually ANY play bar, for any video on any website. My email is hard to...
  4. A lot of background things running on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A lot of background things running on start up: I am running windows 10 pro and find on start up to be fairly slow especially Microsoft Edge which is slow to open and often gives no response. I am retired now and really only need Windows 10 home, how could I change this? and why are so many items running in the...
  5. Background activity on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Background activity on Windows: Hi there, I need to be able to see if a computer is installing drivers in the background, and installing third-party applications is not an option. I am basically trying to find a quick way (as fast as possible) to see if I need to intervene installing drivers...
  6. Background activity

Background activity: How can I tell what activity is taking place when the computer is slow due to some process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-activity/3fd968bf-dff3-415b-b7fc-1df7bea24ac8
  7. skype constantly running in background using a lot of ram

skype constantly running in background using a lot of ram: skype constantly running in background using a lot of ram, messing up my music production work, i am getting underruns in my daw because of skype running in background, while i have removed skype from my pc and it keeps showing up in the task manager................... please...
  8. V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.: *Haha I do not know if it is me,but, noticing a lot more background interference from Microsoft odds and sods, working away in the background. Comments welcome. *What 127886
  9. with regarding to lot of background data consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    with regarding to lot of background data consumption: Hi, I am using a HP laptop with windows 10 home single language edition, version 1803 with 64 bit operating system and when I check the Data Usage, system usage is very high. When I activate a new data package within few minutes it is over, I don't even have a...
  10. Is window V1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is window V1809: Hello, Is window 10 V1809 back in? it's been trying to install for weeks and failed every time with error 0x80240034 or 0x80070005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-window-v1809/0600a32a-2b9c-43b3-a15a-a97d34440a8e