Windows 10: v1903 Customize Folder Problem

Discus and support v1903 Customize Folder Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] When i Change Folder type to Pictures and press Apply but it not Change to Large icons view. i trying to go back and open this folder again but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunzorla, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Gunzorla Win User

v1903 Customize Folder Problem

v1903 Customize Folder Problem [​IMG]

When i Change Folder type to Pictures and press Apply but it not Change to Large icons view. i trying to go back and open this folder again but folder type still stuck in General items.

it look like i cant Customize my Folder anymore. i just updated to v1903 this morning

:)

Gunzorla, Jun 21, 2019

2. Folder Customization

Hello Todd,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with folder customization on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps given below and check if that helps.

• To do this, right click on the folder for which you want to change the icon background image and select Properties. Or simply select it and press Alt+Enter on
      your keyboard. This opens the Properties window of the folder.
    • Here, go to the Customize tab, in which you will find the Folder pictures section. Click
      on the Choose File button, Browse and select the picture you want to use as background. Then, press OK twice.
    • Once you selected the picture, click on OK again, and you are done.
    Also, there could be some third party software’s available which might fix this issue
    but Microsoft does not recommend that.

Note:
    Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 21, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. v1903 Customize Folder Problem

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

v1903 Customize Folder Problem

1. v1903 Customize Folder Problem - Similar Threads - v1903 Customize Folder

2. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  3. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  4. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons: Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below). (My windows version is 20H2) [img] 175981
  5. customize folder view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize folder view: There are 5 templates for kinds of folders. Can this be changed or added to? For example, can I add/subtract columns to the Music template and keep that template to be applied to other folders containing music files....
  6. problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem updating to Windows 10 v1903: I've currently October update v1809 installed on my laptop. two days ago, I got to know that there is a new update available named "feature update v1903". I've downloaded it till 99% but there was a message saying "there was a problem installing the update, please restart and...
  7. Windows v1903 Default App Problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows v1903 Default App Problem: So, I just done a fresh install of v1903. It will not let me install my genuine copy of Office University (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). It says it can't be installed at the same time as "O365ProPlusRetail". Nothing is showing under Add/Remove Programs either. There's nothing...
  8. customize a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize a folder: How can I customize a folder by placing a photograph on the outside cover. Thanks for the help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-a-folder/99898af7-c99b-4d94-89f8-b4f0b3039375"
  9. Permanent Custom Folder Icon Problem

Permanent Custom Folder Icon Problem: Hi Guys need help OS Windows 10 Windows anniversary version updated so the problem is with folder ico customisation it is not staying permanently first i downloads a regular ico file from online source then i uses this method How to apply Permanent Icons -...
  10. Problem copying customized folders

Problem copying customized folders: Hi everybody. I have a problem copying customized folders. Before Windows 10 correctly copied customized folders from a disc to another or inside the same disc. Now, when I copy a customized folder, the customized look goes lost. I e a practical example below. 1. Open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search doesnt work in windows 10 v1903 with a domain user