Windows 10: V1903 effects on Computer

Discus and support V1903 effects on Computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; More of a comment than a question. Installed V1903 non 6-7-2019 then found out the usage of the HDD rose from about 60 gb to over 340 gb.The capacity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ydde1997, Jun 8, 2019.

1. ydde1997 Win User

V1903 effects on Computer

More of a comment than a question. Installed V1903 non 6-7-2019 then found out the usage of the HDD rose from about 60 gb to over 340 gb.The capacity of the HDD is 450 gb. The 60 gb has been study for years, and only after installing V1903 did it increase. My microsoft disk cleanup won't work, and both ccleaner and wisecare "lockup" when trying to delete temp. files. Otherwise the computer seems to work OK and all of my files and documents are okay.

I tried to revert back to V1809 but the recovery program stated that the files had been deleted so revert to 1809 is impossible( I have not deleted any files!!!!) Suggestions will be appreciated but the computer is still working so it is not a big problem . I have never heard of this before.

:)

ydde1997, Jun 8, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 8, 2019
  4. wolf Win User

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

wolf, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. V1903 effects on Computer - Similar Threads - V1903 effects Computer

2. update to v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update to v1903: Have tried many times to update to v1903 and received the error 0x80070005 0x200a The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation Can anyone explain what the problem is? What happens if I cannot update and remain at v1809?...
  3. XPS files not opening on new W10 computer, v1903

in Windows 10 Support
    XPS files not opening on new W10 computer, v1903: I have a brand-new computer w/Windows 10, version 1903. None of the .xps files transferred over from my old computer will open now. Microsoft XPS Document Writer is listed under Settings / Printers & Scanners. However, if I put XPS Viewer or XPS Document Writer in the...
  4. No v1903 for HP ProBook?

No v1903 for HP ProBook?: My new HP ProBook G6 450 currently on v1809 OS Build 17763.832 isn't being offered v1903 via Windows update despite feature updates being enabled. I know I can use the Media Creation Tool. Has anyone updated this PC to v1903 or know why the update isn't offered via Windows...
  5. Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade

Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade: My desktop computer has become considerably slower following the recent Win 10 upgrade. Is there any way I can disable background processes so I do not get the screen lag and slow boot up? Also, how do I check the health of my SSD and RAM?...
  6. W10 v1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 v1903: I have updated 3 PCs to W10 version 1903. Now in personalisation there are problems with changed or setting colours. Furthermore it is now not possible to change background or text colours in command prompt. Can you help please? DaveJ...
  7. Windows 10 v1903 option to restart the computer doesnt work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 v1903 option to restart the computer doesnt work: Hello, i recently bought new Windows 10 license for my old Asus N61vg.This was an clean installation from USB stick.All the drivers installed thru Windows update option.All the updates are downloaded and installed. Now there are no updates avlible. Issue: Doesnt work the...
  8. windows 10 v1903

windows 10 v1903: Can anyone help. I have had one pc and one laptop suffer loss of location/language since updating to this version. No matter what I do in settings I cannot get anything but English us in my search engines (firefox /edge/google). I have had to reset my pc it went into...
  9. w10 v1903 regressions

in Windows 10 Support
    w10 v1903 regressions: Hello. I am running w10 v1903 [18362.116] and I have noticed that monitor calibration profile get disabled after exitting any fullscreen program (games for instance). I think Microsoft is addressing this issue in an incoming patch (currently tested by insiders). I have also...
  10. Security baseline (FINAL) for Windows 10 v1903 & Windows Server v1903

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline (FINAL) for Windows 10 v1903 & Windows Server v1903: Microsoft is pleased to announce the final release of the security configuration baseline settings for Windows 10 version 1903 (a.k.a., “19H1”), and for Windows Server version 1903. Download the content from the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit (click Download and...