Windows 10: v1909 color management issues

Discus and support v1909 color management issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have trouble getting color management to work properly on my machine since I got a new display. Being a professional photographer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lucentable4, Jun 25, 2020.

1. v1909 color management issues

Hello everyone,

I have trouble getting color management to work properly on my machine since I got a new display. Being a professional photographer, this is very frustrating as color work is my daily occurance. Here are my pc specs:

Main Display: BenQ EW3270U (10-Bit, 3840x2160, 60Hz, over Displayport) (New display)

Secondary Display: LG 27UD68-W (10-Bit, 3840x2160, 60Hz, over Displayport)

Third Display: A 1080p Tv over HDMI

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1070

Running an AMD Ryzen 1700X on Windows 10 v1909 (2004 unavailable at this time)

Displays are setup as follows: BenQ on the left, LG in the Middle, Tv on the right.

BenQ is set as Main Display, shows up as #2 in display settings, shows up as #1 in color management.

LG shows up as display #1 in display settings, no number shows up in color management.

Tv shows up as #3 in display settings, #3 shows up in color management, but the number is scaled as if it was a 4k display, so only shows up in the bottom right, clipped.

So here are my issues. I use an i1 Display profiler to create and manage my icc profiles. In the i1 software, both displays have profiles and manage DeltaE2000's of sub 1.5. But, my desktop wallpaper and basically every picture I view look dramatically different. The LG display seems to have the profile working correctly, as pictures look very similar to my iPhone and iPad Pro which have decent enough color accuracy. The BenQ however, looks like utter trash. The profile is clearly not applying in windows. The i1 software seems to have it work fine, but anywhere else in windows it does not work. I've tried many different windows profiles and none of them change what the display looks like. I've tried making new profiles and reassigning them into the Color Management Panel, without success. Is there anything I am missing or is there any known bug that should prevent me from getting this to work properly? Any meaningful google search brought up that these issues should have been solved in 1909. Also, weirdly enough, nor display settings or color management seems to identify my displays correctly.

Thanks alot for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/lucentable4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lucentable4, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows Color Management Issue

Hi billin30,

With the issue you're having with your display color, I suggest that you calibrate. There may have been settings that is causing the issue and resetting them may solve this. Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Calibrate display color.
    2. Follow the on screen instructions.
    If the issue will not somehow improve, try to check with your monitor's color settings just to be sure.

Also, I'd like to clarify what monitor is having the issue with its display going to the 'other monitor'? I'd also like to ask for help in isolating the issue. Try to use the monitors one-by-one or have them pair up with one another. Like have BenQ paired
    with Asus then have Alienware paired with Asus etc.

Update me if there were improvements.

Ian Ser, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Color Management Windows 10

Hi Kendall,

For us to isolate your concern with Color Management, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using an administrator access?
    • Have you tried creating a new user profile to replicate the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the Advanced tab in Color Management.

For more information, the best way to get the color profile you need is to visit your monitor manufacturer's support website and download the latest driver for the device.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 25, 2020
  4. v1909 color management issues

ICC color management broken by Win10 update 1709

Hi,

Before we provide the troubleshooting steps needed to resolve the issue that you are experiencing with the color management, we would like to ask a few questions:

• How did you update your drivers? Manually or automatically?
    • Have you tried logging in a different user account and still experience the issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

v1909 color management issues

1. v1909 color management issues - Similar Threads - v1909 color management

2. Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update: I have a problem with my Dell monitor profile after Installing 22H2 update and buying Nvidia GeForce RTX card with latest drivers. The colors of images in Chrome and Windows File explorer look the way they should with my monitor color profile, while in all the windows Apps...
  3. Color management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color management: when i open my setting from start menu and try to change color setting their are some of the color option missing from the menu, the dark and light settings and all the rest of the setting down to were it says choose a color are gone this is after a reinstall of windows 10...
  4. Color management

Color management: It's 2021 and Windows desktop is still not color managed !!! How long do you think it will take before it's finally implemented? More and more people can afford to buy wide color gamut monitors with HDR but Windows acts like there is no problem !!!As a result everything is...
  5. Windows 10 v1909 ICC Profiles - Advanced Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 v1909 ICC Profiles - Advanced Color: In the Windows 10 v1909 control panel Color Management app I load an ICC profile for an HP color laserjet printer. Two sections appear in the Color Management app - "ICC Profiles" and "ICC Profiles Advanced Color". What is difference between these two sections? In...
  6. Color Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Management: color management; my printer will copy a colored page but the colored pages in the applications print only black and white. How to I set my color management back to color? The provision for setting it to color small tick box is even absent from the sending it back setup...
  7. Color Management

Color Management: Good day, I am running the latest version of Win 10 Ver. 1909 and am experiencing problem with Color Management. I recalibrated both monitors - main one a Dell UP2716D and second monitor a DellP2471H, and now suddenly the colors viewed using Microsoft programs are way off -...
  8. color management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    color management: I asked this question a few days ago and cannot find the response (sorry) I have a laptop monitor and I have a slave monitor so I can see my photos in a larger format. They do not seem to be syncing screen color density. Any ideas for adjustment? Felicia...
  9. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  10. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...