Windows 10: v2004 causes apps to crash randomly, mostly from Access Violations. Unique to v2004.

Discus and support v2004 causes apps to crash randomly, mostly from Access Violations. Unique to v2004. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there something I can do to aid this? Like forcefully reapply admin privileges to my account or something? FireFox, Chrome/Edge tabs, Discord(most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CptBrian, Jul 28, 2020.

1. v2004 causes apps to crash randomly, mostly from Access Violations. Unique to v2004.

Is there something I can do to aid this? Like forcefully reapply admin privileges to my account or something?

FireFox, Chrome/Edge tabs, Discord(most commonly), DebugView, multiple apps, mostly crashing from Access Violations, like they're randomly losing privileges and can't function. Sometimes I boot the PC and FireFox crashes the instant I open it and it can't be fixed until I reboot. Sometimes it's fine all day. Discord in particular crashes a lot more than anything else.
    I have no information from Event Viewer yet.

None of this happened on earlier versions. I've swapped between v1909 and v2004 a couple times, different builds/months, and v2004 did this each time.
    Doesn't matter if I clean reinstall some of these apps, doesn't matter what drivers I have.

submitted by /u/CptBrian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CptBrian, Jul 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 v2004

Currently rollback to v1909 . Dont install v2004 to main erp systems without testing properly.

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 v2004

I have had nothing but problems with the May 2020 v2004 on hundreds of computers at every site I am responsible for. It breaks many ERP systems, removes Epson printers, causes general print issues, has problems with MIP (Albia) software, has issues with
    numerous 3'rd party .Net programs, is crashing Diablo III in a way that hangs the entire computer, crashes when some PC's go to sleep and was released during the Covid epedemic.

Is there any known plans to solve these issues?

gettnmorebetter, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Zeakros Win User

v2004 causes apps to crash randomly, mostly from Access Violations. Unique to v2004.

Notepad missing in Windows 10 v2004

I know. I did a clean setup through Windows recovery a few days ago. I was already at v2004 so i ended up with a clean installation of v2004. Today I wanted to use Notepad and it was nowhere to be found. I think that in the case of an in-place upgrade
    if Notepad is already there, v2004 does not remove it. That's why not so many people have noticed it became optional.

Zeakros, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

v2004 causes apps to crash randomly, mostly from Access Violations. Unique to v2004.

1. v2004 causes apps to crash randomly, mostly from Access Violations. Unique to v2004. - Similar Threads - v2004 causes apps

2. v2004 and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    v2004 and Bluetooth: Ever since the 2nd Tuesday update last week for v2004, I have been having an issue with Bluetooth connecting to more than one device simultaneously at times. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. When this problem arises, one or the other shows as only "Paired" while the...
  3. v2004 and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Support
    v2004 and Bluetooth: Ever since the 2nd Tuesday update last week for v2004, I have been having an issue with Bluetooth connecting to more than one device simultaneously at times. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. When this problem arises, one or the other shows as only "Paired" while the...
  4. Update to Win10 v2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update to Win10 v2004: I have tried to update to version 2004 of Win10 Pro twice now, once in early September and again on 10/15/2020. After the first attempt, I reverted to v1909 because I had the same problems I am encountering on the second attempt. This time, I'm going to try to resolve the...
  5. Windows v2004 Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows v2004 Update: I cannot log into Windows after the update. Whether I try my PIN or Mi rosoft password, I get "User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Furthermore, holding down shift key and restarting does not give a screen to choose safe mode to start. It...
  6. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update: Hi, I have 2Win 10 Pro machines and 2 WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives all connected by Ethernet cables, I can access the drives, but as soon as I try to copy files to/from the drives the connection keeps dropping out, the drives are not mapped I am using Network Addressing e.g....
  7. Windows 10 v2004 Freezes Randomly and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v2004 Freezes Randomly and BSODs: I have a system with the following specs: R7 3700X no overclock 2x 16G RAM 3600 MHz CL16 Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming MoBo running latest BIOS, F50 MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC GPU no overclock powered by a 700W Titanium PSU. I have Windows Virtual Machine Platform...
  8. Windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v2004: I have had nothing but problems with the May 2020 v2004 on hundreds of computers at every site I am responsible for. It breaks many ERP systems, removes Epson printers, causes general print issues, has problems with MIP Albia software, has issues with numerous 3'rd party...
  9. v2004 causes Discord to crash randomly. This was an issue both times I've installed v2004...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    v2004 causes Discord to crash randomly. This was an issue both times I've installed v2004...: Anyone else getting this? Used many different Discord versions at this point and went through updates. *Damn it's starting to happen with FireFox too, which happened last time too, but it was worse than it is now. submitted by /u/CptBrian [link] [comments]...
  10. W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?: [ATTACH] Hi, We have enabled the SMBv1 feature in Windows 10 and it has been working as it should for the last couple of releases. But starting in v2004, when we start Explorer the window will eventually hang, and the network drive to the SMBv1-share is stuck...