Windows 10: [v4 printer driver] How to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers

Discus and support [v4 printer driver] How to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm developing a v4 printer driver, I see a issue that printing the PDF original file with size of 1MB, the print spooler convert to SPL+SHD-> XPS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThoaPK, Jan 10, 2022.

1. ThoaPK Win User

[v4 printer driver] How to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers

Hi, I'm developing a v4 printer driver, I see a issue that printing the PDF original file with size of 1MB, the print spooler convert to SPL+SHD-> XPS -> the PDF file increased to 500MB in Spool Directory. Current solution is to get the original file to handle without any transformation involved to. Please let me known how to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers?#windows-printer-driver#V4-printer-driversMany Thanks,ThoaPK

:)

ThoaPK, Jan 10, 2022
  2. sundar.k Win User

V4 Printer Driver Development Issue.

I am writing my first ever V4 printer driver application.I had some development issue regarding WDK & SDK version.I want to interact with the
    official printer driver development community.I tried but source say there is no official developer community for printer driver.So where can i ask those questions regarding the development.Help me out to resolve the development issues.

sundar.k, Jan 10, 2022
  3. Printer v4 driver deploy issue

My sytem configuration

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 (Professional)
    Version 16.5.4

WDK version: 10.0.18346.1000

Driver install - deploy - I am using manual configuration instead of automatic(provision)

I have create printer v4 driver application by referring link Build a basic v4 printer driver - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs.
    Follow all steps. as t trying to deploy it (from host machine) on output window it shows some error after reboot target machine.

$KitRoot$\Testing\Runtimes\TAEF\te.exe "%SystemDrive%\DriverTest\Run\DriverTestTasks.dll
    DriverTestTasks.dll" /select:"@Name='DriverTestTasks::_LogDebuggerSettings'" /rebootStateFile:%SystemDrive%\DriverTest\Run\DriverTestReboot.xml /enableWttLogging /wttDeviceString:$LogFile:file="%SystemDrive%\DriverTest\Run\Gathering_kernel_debugger_settings_00042.wtl",writemode=append,encoding=unicode,nofscache=true,EnableLvl="WexStartTest|WexEndTest|WexXml|WexProperty|WexCreateContext|WexCloseContext|*"
    /runas:Elevated
    [21:50:35:293]: Task "Gathering kernel debugger settings" was aborted because a communication error occured during execution.

I am stuck on this issue. Not getting help how to resolve it.
    So any help to resolve this issue appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

abbasshaikh1, Jan 10, 2022
  4. [v4 printer driver] How to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers

V4 Print Driver Developement

I want to create a v4 Printer Driver which will Invoke another application and upload the print document to the application. I have gone through different samples from Microsoft but unable to find how to invoke a different application. Please help with
    the way using XPS render filters.

Bhairab Bhuyan, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

[v4 printer driver] How to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers

1. [v4 printer driver] How to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers - Similar Threads - printer driver full

2. Installing V4 Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing V4 Printer Drivers: I am having an Issue resolving EventID An error occurred while configuring print queue 'Xerox AltaLink C8155 V4 PCL6'. Printer driver 'Xerox AltaLink C8155 V4 PCL6' may not be used in conjunction with a non-inbox port monitor. This is happening when trying to install V4...
  3. Installing V4 Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing V4 Printer Drivers: I am having an Issue resolving EventID An error occurred while configuring print queue 'Xerox AltaLink C8155 V4 PCL6'. Printer driver 'Xerox AltaLink C8155 V4 PCL6' may not be used in conjunction with a non-inbox port monitor. This is happening when trying to install V4...
  4. Printer Driver problem Konica Universal printer driver PCL v4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver problem Konica Universal printer driver PCL v4: Konica Universal Printer Driver PCL v.4 was installed in the print server Windows 2019. Some Konica BizHub printers were added, which use that driver and shared on the server.We have Windows 11, 10 and 2022 computers attached to the shared print queue and the driver was...
  5. Printer Driver problem Konica Universal printer driver PCL v4

Printer Driver problem Konica Universal printer driver PCL v4: Konica Universal Printer Driver PCL v.4 was installed in the print server Windows 2019. Some Konica BizHub printers were added, which use that driver and shared on the server.We have Windows 11, 10 and 2022 computers attached to the shared print queue and the driver was...
  6. [v4 printer driver] How to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [v4 printer driver] How to get full path to the original file from the V4 Printer Drivers: Hi, I'm developing a v4 printer driver, I see a issue that printing the PDF original file with size of 1MB, the print spooler convert to SPL+SHD-> XPS -> the PDF file increased to 500MB in Spool Directory. Current solution is to get the original file to handle without any...
  7. Open windows Application with V4 Print Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open windows Application with V4 Print Driver: I'm doing V4 Print Driver connectivity with windows application. So far i have done :1.Created V4 Print Driver2.Added in my Printers List3.Able to see my print driver option when i click on print menu.4.Created WPF application'5.able to run the application without any...
  8. Open windows Application with V4 Print Driver

Open windows Application with V4 Print Driver: I'm doing V4 Print Driver connectivity with windows application. So far i have done :1.Created V4 Print Driver2.Added in my Printers List3.Able to see my print driver option when i click on print menu.4.Created WPF application'5.able to run the application without any...
  9. V4 Printer Driver Development Issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    V4 Printer Driver Development Issue.: I am writing my first ever V4 printer driver application.I had some development issue regarding WDK & SDK version.I want to interact with the official printer driver development community.I tried but source say there is no official developer community for printer driver.So...
  10. Printer v4 driver deploy issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer v4 driver deploy issue: My sytem configuration OS: Windows 10 pro Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Professional Version 16.5.4 WDK version: 10.0.18346.1000 Driver install - deploy - I am using manual configuration instead of automaticprovision I have create printer v4 driver...