Windows 10: VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS buttons NOT WORK after installing WIN. 7 on SONY VAIO VPCF13DGX

Discus and support VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS buttons NOT WORK after installing WIN. 7 on SONY VAIO VPCF13DGX in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have recently installed a version of windows 7 on my laptop sony VAIO VPCF13DGX. After installing, some buttons like VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexyNary, Apr 12, 2022.

1. AlexyNary Win User

VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS buttons NOT WORK after installing WIN. 7 on SONY VAIO VPCF13DGX

Hi. I have recently installed a version of windows 7 on my laptop sony VAIO VPCF13DGX. After installing, some buttons like VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS by holding FN button DO NOT work. ANY HELP PLEASE?

:)

AlexyNary, Apr 12, 2022
  2. Hazel123 Win User

Sony Vaio SFEP driver

I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW2S1E. It was upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade became available, but the Nvidia drivers weren't available so I put W7 back on. I now have a new laptop and decided to try upgrading the Sony again so our son can have it.

I have done a few clean installs on other laptops, so did a clean install, after some waiting and doing Windows updates, drivers were all installed, including the Nvidia ones. There are two exclamation marks in device manager. One is for the SFEP driver, the other for the Ricoh memory stick slot.

I have most of the drivers for Windows 7 on an SD card, but Windows 10 won't accept the SFEP driver. Without that the graphics don't work properly apparently.

Also, usually after a clean install on Sony's they need the SFEP, Shared Library and Setting Utility Series drivers adding.

So - does anyone know where I can get the SFEP driver (or the others) that will work with Windows 10? Sony's drivers webpage for this model no longer seems to be there.

I believe shared library and setting utility are needed to ensure function keys work and SFEP works with the NVidia drivers. Anyway although Windows 10 was working without them, the laptop got extremely overheated so I'm thinking the SFEP is necessary somehow. It doesn't overheat with Windows 7 on.

I did find this link for SFEP driver for Sony Windows 10 but not sure if it's a good for any model of Sony laptop.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Sony/Sony-Vaio-SVE15135CXS-Firmware-Extension-Parser-Driver-8024-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml

Hazel123, Apr 12, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

For my case (Sony VAIO Tap 11)... it is there in the list of models.

... but it turns out i don't need that upgrade 'driver' anyway. The special 'upgrade' mode did nothing to my machine prior to the actual upgrade, and after completing the upgrade it merely installed one single update (to Sony Control Center I believe) that can be downloaded anyway from Sony's website. Working like a charm now running on Win10 (except for a few Intel display driver problems which are not specific to VAIO the way I understand it)

seemebreakthis, Apr 12, 2022
  4. VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS buttons NOT WORK after installing WIN. 7 on SONY VAIO VPCF13DGX

I have a sony vaio and it says my vaio is off most stuff works but my list are all messed up it is sony vaio svl 24125 cxb

Sony Vaio is the Brand Name of the laptop, not the operating system.

"it says my vaio is off most stuff works but my list are all messed" doesn't make sense.

How is your Vaio off?

Bill Smithers, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS buttons NOT WORK after installing WIN. 7 on SONY VAIO VPCF13DGX

1. VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS buttons NOT WORK after installing WIN. 7 on SONY VAIO VPCF13DGX - Similar Threads - VAIO ASSIST FUNCTION

2. upgrade windows 7 to 10 don't work with sony vaio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade windows 7 to 10 don't work with sony vaio: I have always errorcode 0x80072F8F - 0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-to-10-dont-work-with-sony-vaio/126acf53-b561-4f08-808c-ce9848ecb9fa
  3. VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS buttons NOT WORK after installing WIN. 7 on SONY VAIO VPCF13DGX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS buttons NOT WORK after installing WIN. 7 on SONY VAIO VPCF13DGX: Hi. I have recently installed a version of windows 7 on my laptop sony VAIO VPCF13DGX. After installing, some buttons like VAIO, ASSIST and FUNCTION KEYS by holding FN button DO NOT work. ANY HELP PLEASE?...
  4. Sony Vaio control center not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio control center not installing: Why I am unable to install sony Vaio Control center on new window 10 installation on my sony vaio machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-control-center-not-installing/529bb8d1-4787-49ec-8039-833d0bbb1feb
  5. Sony Vaio control center not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony Vaio control center not installing: Why I am unable to install sony Vaio Control center on new window 10 installation on my sony vaio machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-control-center-not-installing/529bb8d1-4787-49ec-8039-833d0bbb1feb
  6. Sony Vaio control center not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  8. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  9. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  10. Keyboard won't work Sony vaio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't work Sony vaio: My keyboard will not operate on my Sony vaio VGN-AR since I loaded 10 from Vista. 27723