Windows 10: Vaio Control Center missing and some function keys are not working after clean Windows 10...

Discus and support Vaio Control Center missing and some function keys are not working after clean Windows 10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've just installed Windows 10 on my Vaio VPCSB35FG and I have a few issues with it now. First I think it was a mistake to do a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HafidzHilmawan, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Vaio Control Center missing and some function keys are not working after clean Windows 10...

Hi, I've just installed Windows 10 on my Vaio VPCSB35FG and I have a few issues with it now.

First I think it was a mistake to do a clean installation instead of upgrading from the previous OS (Windows 7) cause now I don't have any trace of previous drivers and programs (which may still work on Windows 10) and from what I can tell it's kinda been ages since Sony Vaio last supported my laptop, the last drivers available are for Windows 8. Notably I have three issues: 1. Some function keys don't work (especially the brightness adjuster), 2. The touchpad is really crappy but I can't find any option to disable it (I use external mouse). 3. The keyboard backlit setting is missing (used to be within Vaio Control Center).

I think some of my problems can somewhat be fixed if I can install Vaio Control Center (which was like the app for all the settings on a Vaio laptop. but I've tried all possible drivers that Sony has on their website but none of them work. Some actually do but they are missing the keyboard settings option. I also have tried using compatability mode for the older drivers but they also don't work.

Anyone can help?

:)

HafidzHilmawan, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Eagleaxe Win User

vaio control center missing after clean windows 10 install

Here's what worked for me for the now broken and missing vaio stuff including the lack of keyboard light or illumination timing control when you go to a clean windows 10 install:

First reinstall vaio care recovery from here: (Different country but still worked) you can always try googling it.

The version I got here was 1.0.2.08020

Support for Sony products | Sony TH

Then run vaio care > advanced tools > restore and recovery > reinstall applications> reinstall control center and whatever else from there.

When you restart you'll be all set. Then vaio update will want to update control center. That is fine....one more restart. It'll still work.

Eagleaxe, Oct 22, 2019
  3. habib.pgl Win User

I have
    clean installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio Model#SVE15125CXS, I have full formatted my pc. and now lost
    vaio control center along with vaio care apps and i can't install them from e support page of Sony. When I am going to install Vaio Control Center, it says
    a newer version is already installed and it exit from here. But I cann't found the Control center on my pc, Please help !!

habib.pgl, Oct 22, 2019
  4. ak_262 Win User

Vaio Control Center missing and some function keys are not working after clean Windows 10...

i went for clean windows 10 install on my vaio, as i wantedto format my pc. and now, vaio control center along with vaio care apps are not there on my pc and i can't install them from esupport page of sony. any solution?

ak_262, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Vaio Control Center missing and some function keys are not working after clean Windows 10...

1. Vaio Control Center missing and some function keys are not working after clean Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Vaio Control Center

2. VAIO CONTROL CENTER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VAIO CONTROL CENTER: Hi Dears,I want to install VAIO Control Center on my laptop VPCF221FD.I Already have related driver VAIO Firmware Extension Parser DeviceBut Microsoft store delivers me error Code: 0x803FB005.I'm searching for several days and there isn't any link in Sony website.it seems...
  3. VAIO CONTROL CENTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VAIO CONTROL CENTER: Hi Dears,I want to install VAIO Control Center on my laptop VPCF221FD.I Already have related driver VAIO Firmware Extension Parser DeviceBut Microsoft store delivers me error Code: 0x803FB005.I'm searching for several days and there isn't any link in Sony website.it seems...
  4. VAIO CONTROL CENTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10: Why I am unable to install the Sony Vaio Control center on the new window 10 installations on my sony Vaio machine.I even downloaded directly from the sony websites:https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/downloads/W0009201But it doesn't allow installation despite it being...
  6. Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10: Why I am unable to install the Sony Vaio Control center on the new window 10 installations on my sony Vaio machine.I even downloaded directly from the sony websites:https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/downloads/W0009201But it doesn't allow installation despite it being...
  7. Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sony Vaio control center not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio control center not installing: Why I am unable to install sony Vaio Control center on new window 10 installation on my sony vaio machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-control-center-not-installing/529bb8d1-4787-49ec-8039-833d0bbb1feb
  9. Sony Vaio control center not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony Vaio control center not installing: Why I am unable to install sony Vaio Control center on new window 10 installation on my sony vaio machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-control-center-not-installing/529bb8d1-4787-49ec-8039-833d0bbb1feb
  10. Vaio control center for model SVT131190X missing after clean Windows 10 pro install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vaio control center for model SVT131190X missing after clean Windows 10 pro install: The Vaio control center for model SVT131190X missing after clean Windows 10 pro install on my Sony vaio. How do I recover this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vaio-control-center-for-model-svt131190x-missing/6e1cc225-627c-47db-9ade-e03820a6a6cd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access vaio control center on my sony laptop

2. vaio control center windows 10 not working

3. vaio control center backlight option missing

4. some function missing in vaio control center