Windows 10: Validate ALL licenses of a Win 7 Home Upgd Fam 3-Pack; Reassure me no issues with purchase...

Discus and support Validate ALL licenses of a Win 7 Home Upgd Fam 3-Pack; Reassure me no issues with purchase... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; All three Win 7 Home licenses were originally utilized back in Win 7 days, within the family. Albeit, there was some time spent on telephone for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KirkAune, May 21, 2020.

1. KirkAune Win User

Validate ALL licenses of a Win 7 Home Upgd Fam 3-Pack; Reassure me no issues with purchase...

All three Win 7 Home licenses were originally utilized back in Win 7 days, within the family. Albeit, there was some time spent on telephone for activation purposes since there was some MS confusion about the same product key being used three times! All of the licenses were successfully migrated to Win 10 upgrades with subsequent activations. Recently, one of the computers was scrubbed and deactivated so I have tried to use that spare license as a sandbox system in a VirtualBox computer. MS will not allow me to activate it, telling me all the licenses are in use. NOT!

I have a need to mirror Raid two drives and I find the Raid option does not exist under "Home", but does work under "Pro", I am told. I have read where I should not need Raid and should use "Storage Space" which appears to be under Win 10 Home. However, I have upgraded to Win 10 Home version 2004, and it refuses to create a storage pool, reporting an error 0x00000057. Hence, I have no confidence in what appears to be a mode storage pool which is a work in progress, yet. Thus, I would like to know if RAID creation under Disk Management is still an option in Win 10 Pro.

IF the latter is true, I am willing to purchase an upgrade for one of my three licenses from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro to get that RAID functionality on that one computer Understanding that I got to Win 10 Home from the free migration from one of my Win 7 Home licenses. That is, of course, only IF I do not run into dropped licensure every time I go to rebuild my system. What assurances do I have that if I spend what I assume is $99 for one license upgrade, that I will have RAID 1 and I won't have grief? OR does the original Win 7 3-banger license obviate my upgrading one of those to "Pro"?

:)

KirkAune, May 21, 2020
  2. wtgreen Win User

Free Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 3-license 'Family pack'

More importantly, can a person just upgrade 1 or 2 licenses in the original 3-pack.

Like Jay, I use WMC and therefore have 2 PCs I do *not* want to upgrade. I'm concerned that upgrading 1 of my PC's using that license will convert all 3 to Windows 10 licenses and I won't be able to re-install & activate Windows 7 later, if necessary, or
    even download patches for my remaining Win 7 machines.

wtgreen, May 21, 2020
  3. Irony Win User
    SCCM: In Place upgrade Win 7to win 10 1903 License issue

I was working on one task sequence for In Place Upgrade. Win 10 1709 to Win 10 1903 is working fine.

But Win 7 to Win 10 1903 is getting failed during Upgrade Operating System step.

I checked some of the links and added the KMS Client Keys (NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43) in upgrade operating system step.

Also added one step to run vbs script.

But Task Sequence is getting failed at this step.

Command line Cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43 returned 3221549136

In my environment, we are using KMS and we don't have a Volume license.

Any advise how to resolve this issue.

Irony, May 21, 2020
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

Validate ALL licenses of a Win 7 Home Upgd Fam 3-Pack; Reassure me no issues with purchase...

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Validate ALL licenses of a Win 7 Home Upgd Fam 3-Pack; Reassure me no issues with purchase... - Similar Threads - Validate licenses Home

2. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  3. Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...: Now want to update, but won't update to Pro...so I'll lose my apps going from Pro to Home. Any work around? Some of my apps are out of support, so will no longer update, or even install the older versions. I would really hate to have to repurchase a working app, some of which...
  4. Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...: Now want to update, but won't update to Pro...so I'll lose my apps going from Pro to Home. Any work around? Some of my apps are out of support, so will no longer update, or even install the older versions. I would really hate to have to repurchase a working app, some of which...
  5. Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues: Trying to upgrade a PC with Win 7 ultimate installed to Win 10 home purchased from MS. However after downloading the home s/w it keeps trying to install Win 10 pro. Any ideas?...
  7. Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues: Trying to upgrade a PC with Win 7 ultimate installed to Win 10 home purchased from MS. However after downloading the home s/w it keeps trying to install Win 10 pro. Any ideas?...
  8. Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Purchased Crackdown 3, but only the Bonus Pack shows up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Crackdown 3, but only the Bonus Pack shows up?: I bought and played Crackdown 3 while back. I had to reinstall Windows 10, and now all that shows as "Owned" is the Crackdown 3 Bonus Pack, and going to the main C3 page on the Microsoft Store ask me to purchase it again....
  10. Windows 7 License Valid on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 License Valid on Windows 10?: I'm just about to upgrade my Windows 10 desktop - which was originally a Windows 7 build, by replacing the motherboard. I'm assuming that this will mean my current Windows license will be invalidated (as the license came pre-installed when I bought the desktop). I have a...