Windows 10: ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet

Discus and support ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am using ValidateCredentials method to validate a local user. However, I get an exception “Network name was not found” when the machine is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Madhavi Thakare, Oct 28, 2021.

1. ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet

Hi,I am using ValidateCredentials method to validate a local user. However, I get an exception “Network name was not found” when the machine is not part of any domain and is not connected to the internet.This is how I do it –using PrincipalContext pc = new PrincipalContextContextType.Machine, nullbool isValid = pc.ValidateCredentialsusername, password;As per my understanding when the name parameter is null for a Machine context type, then the credentials are validated with the local computer SAM store.So, I am trying to understand why this method fails to validate credentials of a loca

:)

Madhavi Thakare, Oct 28, 2021
  2. yesir360 Win User

See if cert is local machine or current user?

There seems to be two cert managers. One for Current User at certmgr.msc and another for Local Machine at certlm.msc. From this site here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ificate-stores it says that Local Machine cert entries are also listed in Current User.

What I want to know is, is there a way to tell if a certificate listed in certmgr.msc is Local Machine or Current User? Because deleting a certificate from certmgr.msc would also delete it from Local Machine if it exists as a Local Machine entry. This is especially a problem when you may have duplicate certificates or different Local Machine/Current User certificate entries.

There doesn't seem to be a way within certmgr or certlm to check if a certificate is local to Current User or not. This is a problem when you import a certificate to both Local Machine and Current User, as it shows up only once in certlm.msc but twice in certmgr.msc with no difference between the two. You would not know which one to delete if you wanted to remove Current User's version only.

Edit: Seems theres a few roundabout ways...
    Method 1: Check the store locations here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tore-locations and see if you can find stores via their thumbprint...
    Method 2: in cmd type certutil (-user) -(view)store <name of store> as suggested here: Windows certificate stores | Blog. This is ok for seeing if there are specific certs in one store...

Not sure why it has to be so roundabout... if anyone else knows of another method please do tell

yesir360, Oct 28, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 28, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 28, 2021
Thema:

ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet

1. ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet - Similar Threads - ValidateCredentials method fails

2. When switching user, is the internet still connected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When switching user, is the internet still connected?: Hi everyone,I am trying to set up Trading terminal with another Microsoft user on the same computer. - When switching users, is the internet connection still active on the previous user?- When switching users, is your app still working on the previous user?Thank you for your...
  3. When switching user, is the internet still connected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When switching user, is the internet still connected?: Hi everyone,I am trying to set up Trading terminal with another Microsoft user on the same computer. - When switching users, is the internet connection still active on the previous user?- When switching users, is your app still working on the previous user?Thank you for your...
  4. When switching user, is the internet still connected?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ValidateCredentials method fails for local user when machine is not connected to internet: Hi,I am using ValidateCredentials method to validate a local user. However, I get an exception “Network name was not found” when the machine is not part of any domain and is not connected to the internet.This is how I do it –using PrincipalContext pc = new...
  6. Internet driver fails when internet connection is lost.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet driver fails when internet connection is lost.: I live in an area where our internet suddenly disconnects when multiple devices are using it simultaneously. As of mid-january Ive had problems with my “Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe” network adapter not connecting to the internet. When I go to device manager, I find the...
  7. WIFI Internet connection fails when connecting extra Monitor

WIFI Internet connection fails when connecting extra Monitor: Dear Microsoft / Other helpful experts, I hope you can help me here. I recently bought an Acer PC with Windows 10 which I am connecting to theinternet via WIFI connection. Everything was working fine in thebeginning. Facts: Windows 10 HOME, version 2004 IntelR Wi-Fi 6...
  8. Root CA certificate automatically added to local machine without internet connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Root CA certificate automatically added to local machine without internet connection: On a fresh installed Windows 10 in virtual environment, that is disconnected from the internet by disabling the virtual network adapter, new root CA certificate is automatically added to the local machine trusted root certificate authorities after viewing the digital...
  9. No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi

No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi: I had an open thread which I have now abandoned, as it had become too confused due to my complete lack of knowledge about what the problems really were and how to solve them. Now that I have at least a somewhat improved knowledge of what does work and does not, herewith that...
  10. Local user accounts no internet

Local user accounts no internet: Hello, Recently after a Windows Update restart, my local user account loses internet until I sign in once to an administrator account. This problem persisted everytime I restart the computer. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Does anyone know the fix to this please?...