Windows 10: Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Caps Lock light for Windows 10 doesn't work on HP...

Discus and support Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Caps Lock light for Windows 10 doesn't work on HP... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. Before my computer upgraded to Windows 10 in 2015, the original OS (Windows 7) was capable of using the Fingerprint sensor that came built in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jerry Prado, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Caps Lock light for Windows 10 doesn't work on HP...

Hi. Before my computer upgraded to Windows 10 in 2015, the original OS (Windows 7) was capable of using the Fingerprint sensor that came built in and the Caps Lock light indicator would work. After the upgrade, neither the sensor or the light indicator would work. I had installed the latest Fingerprint driver for Windows 10, but the setup would fail by bringing up the following message: "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed". I had also tried to install the drivers by using the *.inf* files, but when they get installed, it shows up error code 10. About the light indicator, I'm not sure if the Hotkey driver is responsible for it and the black notification bubble that shows the user that caps lock or number lock is on. I was considering to install Windows 7 or 8.1 to make these functions work, but I want to avoid the need of reinstalling every single program I have installed on my PC currently. If any of you have a suggestion, please contact me ASAP.

Sincerely,

Jerry.

:)

Jerry Prado, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Lundavra Win User

Validity fingerprint sensor on HP Envy Laptop

I asked this on the HP forums a few days ago but had any replies so try here.

It is a HP laptop that was Windows 8 but I upgraded to Windows 10, the fingerprint sensor worked OK and still works OK but the update is not working.

Validity fingerprin

Product Name: ENVY 17 LAPTOP
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The fingerprint sensor is working fine but there was a notification of an update yesterday. This update keeps failing to install. It identifies as SP72143 4.5.289.0Ap2

Is there a known solution to this?

Lundavra, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Validity Sensor Driver

I have an elite book 840 and have the same problem. It came with Win 7 32 bit Home which I promptly got rid of and installed 10. I have never been able to use my fingerprint sensor. HP has several versions of of their security software suites. The current one is HP simplepass. The version #8 is supported in Win 10. The Validity Fingerprint Driver for Windows 8 would likely work but I believe there is a newer version. With both installed you should be able to use SimplePass for everything or just use the driver and see if you see Windows Hello. This has yet to work for me but has worked for others.

Before doing anything look in your bios and see if the fingerprint sensor is enabled.

MountainDoc, Jan 7, 2019
  4. ttsoldier Win User

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Caps Lock light for Windows 10 doesn't work on HP...

Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work.

I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not.

I'm dualing booting with Windows 8.1 and if I switch back to 8.1, the caps lock button light works fine, so I know the light it self is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ttsoldier, Jan 7, 2019
  5. Hi.
    Just found out that my problem just got into a forum website I didn't knew existed.
    My BIOS for the HP Probook 4545s doesn't bring any option whether to allow or not to allow the use of the fingerprint sensor. Also, I'm not sure if the Windows 8 version of the driver doesn't bring up the "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed" error. I installed the latest version of SimplePass, but it doesn't bring me an option to enroll a fingerprint, so probably I might downgrade. Any clarification?

Sincerely,
    Jerry

Jerry The LUEZ, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Caps Lock light for Windows 10 doesn't work on HP...

1. Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Caps Lock light for Windows 10 doesn't work on HP... - Similar Threads - Validity Fingerprint Sensor

2. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  3. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  4. Caps Lock Indicator Light not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock Indicator Light not Working: A few months ago, my caps lock button light just suddenly stopped working. The caps lock key is working, but the light isn't, and the light indicator is a very useful feature. Any methods to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1348HP Laptop...
  5. why doesn't my caps lock light work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why doesn't my caps lock light work: PC: Asus Tuf gaming fx505OS: Windows 11After instaling windows 11 it stopt worling.[moved from de-de] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-my-caps-lock-light-work/b3b4fffe-9fe2-4fcc-b27a-5cbaadaead2b
  6. why doesn't my caps lock light work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why doesn't my caps lock light work: PC: Asus Tuf gaming fx505OS: Windows 11After instaling windows 11 it stopt worling.[moved from de-de] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-my-caps-lock-light-work/b3b4fffe-9fe2-4fcc-b27a-5cbaadaead2b
  7. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint sensor not working: Recently I noticed my fingerprint sign in option no longer existed. Went into device manager and clicked on my fingerprint sensor's properties. It says: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. Anyone know how to fix...
  8. Caps lock light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock light: I've noticed my caps lock light is on if I press one letter it would either be caps or lower case. But I do not know how to not have the light on. If I press the caps button it would get a little darker and when I take my finer off the key it would go back to the light. My...
  9. Validity Sensor Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Validity Sensor Driver: Hello, I've been having this issue since yesterday morning. I have been trying to update the driver for my Validity Sensor (VFS451) (fingerprint scanner) to the newest version so Windows Hello activates. I have an EliteBook 8740w, WIndows 10. I've installed drivers...
  10. Windows 10 Caps Lock light

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Caps Lock light: Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work. I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. validity fingerprint driver windows 10 hp