Windows 10: Valorant fps drops after window update to window10 pro 22H2

Discus and support Valorant fps drops after window update to window10 pro 22H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated my windows version to 22H2 after valorant stopped running for older versions. My valorant used to run smoothly but now I can't even play the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tayyyyy, Jan 28, 2023.

1. tayyyyy Win User

Valorant fps drops after window update to window10 pro 22H2

I updated my windows version to 22H2 after valorant stopped running for older versions. My valorant used to run smoothly but now I can't even play the game it just keeps lagging and fps drops a lot. My processor is Intel i5-6400 CPU. Graphic card-Intel R HD graphics 530.

:)

tayyyyy, Jan 28, 2023

2. Sudden FPS drops in Valorant

Hey Pop. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for known issue of FPS drops in Valorant:

https://techcult.com/how-to-fix-valorant-fps-dr...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-fix-valor...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.technewstoday.com/valorant-low-fps-...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValorantTechSupport/co...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValorantTechSupport/co...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Valorant Lag after 21H1 Update

So I'm having huge fps drop spikes on VALORANT whenever someone fires a gun and I'm so irritated by that. Before I even update my windows, it doesn't lag at all, I'm getting the usual FPS when I fresh intalled Valorant because I quitted for 2 months after getting an error in the game. And now, I played 1 game on it before I update windows and it doesn't lag, but after I updated it manually, it does this lag on Valorant. My PC becomes smooth but Valorant had fps drop spikes and I can't play it.

SanaMinatozaki1, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Valorant fps drops after window update to window10 pro 22H2

Sudden FPS drops in Valorant

This happens with other heavy games too. So it may not be a Valorant issue but a heat issue like you suggested. Do you have any suggestions for how I can prevent my laptop from overheating and hurting the performance?

pop smoke1, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Valorant fps drops after window update to window10 pro 22H2

1. Valorant fps drops after window update to window10 pro 22H2 - Similar Threads - Valorant fps drops

2. Valorant Sudden FPS Drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Valorant Sudden FPS Drop: Hello! The problem is my laptop meets the minimum requirements to play valorant. AMD Ryzen 3, AMD Vega 3 Graphics, 8GB RAM. 500GB SSD. And I have tried all the optimization settings for valorant. I downloaded fps boost packs and minimum graphics. Valorant is set to high...
  3. Valorant Sudden FPS Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Sudden FPS Drop: Hello! The problem is my laptop meets the minimum requirements to play valorant. AMD Ryzen 3, AMD Vega 3 Graphics, 8GB RAM. 500GB SSD. And I have tried all the optimization settings for valorant. I downloaded fps boost packs and minimum graphics. Valorant is set to high...
  4. Valorant fps drops after window update to window10 pro 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant fps drops after window update to window10 pro 22H2: I updated my windows version to 22H2 after valorant stopped running for older versions. My valorant used to run smoothly but now I can't even play the game it just keeps lagging and fps drops a lot. My processor is Intel i5-6400 CPU. Graphic card-Intel R HD graphics 530....
  5. Sudden FPS drops in Valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS drops in Valorant: I've been experiencing this problem for a while where when I launch the game, I get good and constant frames 100+. But my frames always seem to drop around 5 minutes after opening the game; usually to 40-55. I have tried optimizing my game as much as possible but this problem...
  6. Sudden FPS drops in Valorant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden FPS drops in Valorant: I've been experiencing this problem for a while where when I launch the game, I get good and constant frames 100+. But my frames always seem to drop around 5 minutes after opening the game; usually to 40-55. I have tried optimizing my game as much as possible but this problem...
  7. Valorant Sudden Fps Drops 1 to 20

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Sudden Fps Drops 1 to 20: Hello! I have an Intel UHD 620 graphics card. When I play valorant, GTA 5, the game runs normally for some time but after some time fps starts to drop. 1 to 30 I have tried everything. BIOS Update, Graphic Card update - downgrade, shifted to windows 11 shifted back to windows...
  8. Valorant FPS drop after installing the cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant FPS drop after installing the cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 20H2: Basically, I am experiencing huge fps drops while playing Valorant, and this problem has started ever since I updated my Windows 10 20H2 with the 2022-01 updates KB5008876 and KB5009543. The game used to run smoothly and I even downgraded my Intel display driver after a...
  9. fps drop and stuttering in valorant games after update to KB5004296

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fps drop and stuttering in valorant games after update to KB5004296: At first, all was well. Then I got an update notification of Intel graphics card and Windows update KB5004296. During the update I played my game. Then I restarted my pc to finish the update. When re-entering the game, the fps suddenly drops up and down, every click and...
  10. fps drops after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fps drops after update: Hello! I mainly play csgo. It used to run in 60 fps. Yesterday, there was a small update. After the update, the fps keeps dropping to 5-15 constantly. I tried to revert that update but I couldn't because windows will only allow me to revert versions and I can't do that...