Windows 10: Vanished Draft in Mail App

Discus and support Vanished Draft in Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was typing a draft in the Mail app on Win 10 when it suddenly vanished. It doesn't appear in the Trash folder, it wasn't sent, how might I recover... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MatthewVGreene, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Vanished Draft in Mail App

I was typing a draft in the Mail app on Win 10 when it suddenly vanished. It doesn't appear in the Trash folder, it wasn't sent, how might I recover it?

:)

MatthewVGreene, Jan 12, 2021
  2. JTBurnett Win User

Mail app issues - whenever I click on Drafts folders to delete the draft Windows 10 Mail App closes.

@JT

So the answer is ridiculously simple. If anyone else also stumbles across this, this worked at least for me.

• Create a new email to yourself but don't send it! This will then show as another saved draft in that Draft Folder, but it'll be an uncorrupted one, or whatever is the problem with the other draft that's undeletable and causing the Mail
      App to crash.
    • Close the Mail App and go get a cup of coffee.
    • Open the Mail App again. Click on the Draft Folder, and now that it contains a
      good draft in it also, the folder will stay open and not crash. Simply right click on the offending draft and select delete.
    Since it's incomprehensible to assume that the original poster could
    even possibly solve his/her own problem, could a Moderator mark this as solved and as the solution?

JTBurnett, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Vanished Draft in Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Vanished Draft in Mail App

lost draft

Hi Lenore,

If an item is deleted, it'll be moved to the Deleted Items folder. Check if your missing draft is there by following these steps:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Under the Folders section on the left, click More.
    • Click Deleted Items.
    • Once you see the draft you're looking for, double-click it start editing it again.
    • Click Send once you're done.

Let if know if you have any other concerns about the Mail app.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Vanished Draft in Mail App

1. Vanished Draft in Mail App - Similar Threads - Vanished Draft Mail

2. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  3. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts: A few weeks ago I ran into a problem where I would write an email from my Gmail account using the Windows 10 Mail client, press send and it would disappear. It was not sent (tested by sending to another personal account) and not stored in the Sent folder. I solved it by...
  5. Mails not sent and go to draft using Microsoft Mails & calendar apps

Mails not sent and go to draft using Microsoft Mails & calendar apps: Hello, We are using Office 365 accounts Outlook mails on severals Windows 10 with Microsoft Mails apps. On all of these we have randomly issue when we sent new mails. Sometimes they are sent sometimes they go to draft without any reason. when issue appears we can't sent...
  6. Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App

Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App: Emails get stuck from outbox to Drafts with this message: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large." Forward option is...
  7. Two Draft Folders In Windows Mail Application.

Two Draft Folders In Windows Mail Application.: Greetings, I noticed today that I have 2 draft folders in my Windows 10 mail app. Correction: I have 1 folder named "draft" while the other folder is named "drafts" (see screen shot below). I have all my devices (including the Windows 10 mail app) set up for IMAP folders...
  8. No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail

No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail: I sent feedback to MS about this 6 months ago. At that time, Mail had just received an update. After that update the Drafts folder was gone. If I start writing an email and click to somewhere else in the app, that email is gone. There is no way to get back to it. Since that...
  9. Apps vanishing??

Apps vanishing??: Recently, about the past week, various apps on my start menu have been turning dark and going inactive, clicking these leads to the "contact admin for support" message, This is for both the live tile and the standard selecting from all programs menu. Screens will be attached...
  10. MAIL question - How to save as draft?

in Browsers and Email
    MAIL question - How to save as draft?: Please can anyone tell me how to save an email as I am typing it, so that I don't lose the lot if there is a sudden power cut or the prog crashes? I can't find any option for this. Thanks. 15549