Windows 10: Vanishing shadows under windows (Windows 10)

Discus and support Vanishing shadows under windows (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A problem many people have referred to is the white frame of the selected explorer window which makes it indistinguisheable from white backgrounds. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Louis25, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Louis25 Win User

Vanishing shadows under windows (Windows 10)

A problem many people have referred to is the white frame of the selected explorer window which makes it indistinguisheable from white backgrounds. The usually recommended solution is to specify a frame color. Unfortunately, this changes also the color of the title bar, which to me is not aesthetical and disturbing. Thus the shadows under the windows is my preferred way of still seeing where an explorer-window stops.

For the past few weeks now, "something" in my computer has been constantly removing the selection "Show shadows under windows" in the Performance Options! I put the mark, and sure enough, after half an hour or so the box is unchecked again and gone are the shadows. I had to put a shortcut to the settings on the desktop, but this is not the way to go, and the problem is maddening. So: what is this? A bug in the latest Windows Update? A program that changes the setting without asking (maybe trying to enhance the performance)? I've seen one or two people having the same problem, but they don't seem to have gotten any solution to the mystery.

Please HELP !

(P.S. If no solution is to be found, I would kindly ask Microsoft to disconnect frames from title bars, so as to make it possible to specify a frame color and leave the title bar alone.)

:)

Louis25, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Vanishing shadows under windows (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Vanishing shadows under

2. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  3. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  4. Disappearing shadow under icon text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing shadow under icon text.: On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow disappears. The icon text stays white and is invisible. I have several RDS servers clones and the problem is random not on...
  5. Disappearing shadow under icon text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing shadow under icon text.: On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow disappears. The icon text stays white and is invisible. I have several RDS servers clones and the problem is random not on...
  6. Windows 10 vanished

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 vanished: Hi after many updates recently my windows 10 has vanished I have tried to reinstall it but windows 7 seems to have taken over I have also lost my apps and shortcuts I cannot restore anything or window 10 please help! SAD...
  7. Show shadows under windows, but not menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show shadows under windows, but not menus: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll bite anyway: Is there a possibility to have shadows under windows (as per the checkbox in the Advanced System Settings), but not menus? Is there a registry hack or utility that will allow for such an option? [img]...
  8. Show shadows under windows, but not menus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Show shadows under windows, but not menus: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll bite anyway: Is there a possibility to have shadows under windows (as per the checkbox in the Advanced System Settings), but not menus? Is there a registry hack or utility that will allow for such an option? [img]...
  9. Unable to Remove Shadows Under Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Remove Shadows Under Windows: In Windows 10 v.1909 [build 18363.657] I want to remove the shadows under windows. Unfortunately, the simple method that involves unchecking a box in Control Panel doesn't work. In addition, going to this registry key: HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version...
  10. "Show shadows under windows" setting - not saving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Show shadows under windows" setting - not saving: [ATTACH] When I disable the above setting it is applied and working as expected until a restart or log off - then it is checked (on) again. I have no idea whether this is some default Windows bug or something that is happening on my end due to my numerous customizations....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shadows under windows 8 enhance

2. shadows under windows wont stay selected