Windows 10: Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10

Discus and support Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When using touch keyboard on a tablet PC or virtual keyboard on a desktop PC on writing special characters as in picture beneath, the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pirix, Jan 24, 2019.

1. pirix Win User

Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10

When using touch keyboard on a tablet PC or virtual keyboard on a desktop PC on writing special characters as in picture beneath, the keyboard disappears and have to take back to visible every time. This is irritating property, have been a long time. I have given feedback about it and asked with Windows Community. I am using Finnish layout on the keyboard.

Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

pirix, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Problem in windows 10 Touch Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can get the touch keyboard icon:

• Right Click on the task bar on empty place and
    • Select the option which says Show touch keyboard button

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10

Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10

1. Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Vanishing touch keyboard

2. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the computer for some reason does not pop up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/b6392961-5f04-4886-91b0-b95c817c60b9
  3. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch keyboard: Hi, sorry my grammar might be off because i'm 12. I've learned my cromebook is a windows 10, anyway my touchpad's keyboard stopped working. This is a problem how? Well when i move my screen and put the computer keyboard on my lap, sometimes I tap a little to hard and it...
  4. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch keyboard: I use a laptop with a touch screen as my primary PC, hooked to a monitor, usb wireless keyboard and mouse. However, with the limited typing I do, I usually just pop open the touch keyboard and click away with my mouse. When I initially got the computer, after I typed in...
  5. Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard: [IMG]Hi, i have a question regarding MS touch/virtual keyboard. i need to change key layout not language or restrict icons on the keyboard. We are using ms10 with kiosk mode browser and everything works apart from option where user have access to the desktop by simply...
  6. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  7. windows 10 touch keyboard error

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 touch keyboard error: my on screen keyboard just show it border,please help me, thx [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-touch-keyboard-error/c2640107-4da8-403a-8108-1d70e0698569
  8. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  9. Windows 10 Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Touch Keyboard: So I bought a s****y new Windows 10 tablet with all kinds of bells and whistles. My only problem is that I apparently type too fast for the on screen keyboard. When you hold a letter, it comes up with some obscure charcters that nobody will ever realistically use, myself as...
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tablet keyboard disappears

2. windows 10 touch keyboard disappearing 1809