Windows 10: Variable Refresh Rate

Discus and support Variable Refresh Rate in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I read about this option but it does not appear on my pc although I have free sync Samsung monitor but with 1060 GTX card so is the reason is my card ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by William40, Jun 8, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate

I read about this option but it does not appear on my pc although I have free sync Samsung monitor but with 1060 GTX card so is the reason is my card ?

:)

William40, Jun 8, 2019

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 8, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Refresh rate override bugs

i suggest not to use the refresh rate fix of atitool at the moment .. try other tools. it will be removed in the next version

W1zzard, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Variable Refresh Rate

Windows 10 desktop duplication broke Variable Refresh Rate (GSYNC and Freesync)

As title.

Since latest windows 10 updates, Microsoft broke Variable refresh rate on apps that uses Desktop Duplication API.

If I use an app that uses the desktop duplication API, VRR is disengaged.

I had no problems with same drivers and same app before christmas...

Many users is still experiencing the same problem.

Microsoft, please fix it.

DavidePerini, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Variable Refresh Rate

1. Variable Refresh Rate - Similar Threads - Variable Refresh Rate

2. Performance Issue in FPS games with Variable Refresh rate off on high refresh rate single...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance Issue in FPS games with Variable Refresh rate off on high refresh rate single...: I encountered a glitch on my PC where all games were limited to 60 fps in full screen mode, but not in windowed modeBut for some games windowed mode also capped at 60. I tried various troubleshooting steps such as disabling V-sync, reinstalling graphics drivers, and following...
  3. Performance Issue in FPS games with Variable Refresh rate off on high refresh rate single...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance Issue in FPS games with Variable Refresh rate off on high refresh rate single...: I encountered a glitch on my PC where all games were limited to 60 fps in full screen mode, but not in windowed modeBut for some games windowed mode also capped at 60. I tried various troubleshooting steps such as disabling V-sync, reinstalling graphics drivers, and following...
  4. Variable refresh rate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Variable refresh rate.: Hello! As you know, Windows 11 has a variable refresh rate feature VRR. I have a question about this feature. When I had windows 11 21h2, when this feature was disabled, my fps was blocked by the maximum refresh rate of my screen - 165 hz. But on April 24, I updated Windows...
  5. Variable refresh rate.

Variable refresh rate.: Hello! As you know, Windows 11 has a variable refresh rate feature VRR. I have a question about this feature. When I had windows 11 21h2, when this feature was disabled, my fps was blocked by the maximum refresh rate of my screen - 165 hz. But on April 24, I updated Windows...
  6. Variable refresh rate enabled but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Variable refresh rate enabled but not working: My specs Asus tuf Fx 505dt ryzen 3550h with Vega mobile gfx and discrete GPU 1650 .120hz refresh rate..ihave enabled vrr but it's not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/variable-refresh-rate-enabled-but-not-working/96f4a85a-d5ac-4534-a595-5a122015b613
  7. Variable refresh rate enabled but not working

Variable refresh rate enabled but not working: My specs Asus tuf Fx 505dt ryzen 3550h with Vega mobile gfx and discrete GPU 1650 .120hz refresh rate..ihave enabled vrr but it's not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/variable-refresh-rate-enabled-but-not-working/96f4a85a-d5ac-4534-a595-5a122015b613
  8. No variable Refresh Rate option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No variable Refresh Rate option: Running: Windows 10: 2004, 19041.508 GTX 1060 WDDM 2.7 Asus Tug Gaming monitor with an Nvida Gsync No option for Variable Refresh Rate under Graphics settings. submitted by /u/Jona9876 [link] [comments]...
  9. Variable Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Support
    Variable Refresh Rate: I read about this option but it does not appear on my pc although I have free sync Samsung monitor but with 1060 GTX card so is the reason is my card ? 134269
  10. Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10 A variable refresh rate (VRR) is the general term for a dynamic display refresh rate that can continuously and seamlessly vary on the...