Windows 10: Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep

Discus and support Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello - I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now, but I am unable to directly tie it to a change in my system. When I return to my PC in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nathan2508, May 3, 2020.

1. Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep

Hello - I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now, but I am unable to directly tie it to a change in my system. When I return to my PC in the morning I see multiple pop-ups with application error messages such as:

0xc0000142

0xc000012d

0xc000009a

The specific applications that are closed can be different from day to day. I have browsed this forum already performed numerous recommended actions as listed below:

1. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool

• Completed with no memory errors found according to notification center

2. Reboot

3. Ran Windows System File Checker SFC using "sfc /scannow"

• Scan completed and indicated "found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    • CBS.log 1

4. Reboot

5. Ran Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management DISM using "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth"

• Scan completed and indicated "Operation completed successfully"

6. Reboot

7. Ran Windows System File Checker SFC using "sfc /scannow"

• Scan completed and indicated "found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."
    • CBS.log 2

8. Reboot

After performing these steps I am still experiencing the issue as described above.

System Summary:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Model 20L6S4T900
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU LENOVO_MT_20L6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad T480
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8350U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1896 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date LENOVO N24ET50W 1.25 , 6/26/2019
    SMBIOS Version 3.0
    Embedded Controller Version 1.16
    BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO

BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State On
    PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1098"
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 10.3 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 31.8 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 24.7 GB
    Page File Space 15.9 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Thanks for the support.

:)

Nathan2508, May 3, 2020

2. Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown

Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep [​IMG]
    this it

noelbeth55, May 3, 2020
  3. Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error

Upon every shutdown I get the following error message:
    The title bar states:
    I am running Windows 10 Build 10130. I have already tried the default troubleshooting procedures(clean boot, etc.)

I attached an image of the error below:

Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep [​IMG]

gsimcox524, May 3, 2020
  4. Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep

Task Host Window / explorer.exe - Application Error (on shutdown and/or restart)

Hello,

As you receive explorer.exe – Application Error on the shutdown,
    this issue might be due to corrupted or missing system files.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get this error message while you access any particular application?
    I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep

1. Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep - Similar Threads - Various application errors

2. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing & shutdown of application after startup: I have a HP Probook, within 5 mins of startup, screen freezes and then whatever program I have open crushes. Only does it once just after startup then runs beautifully until I shutdown. I've done a reset and seemed to be working fine until I installed some of my favorite...
  3. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing & shutdown of application after startup: I have a HP Probook, within 5 mins of startup, screen freezes and then whatever program I have open crushes. Only does it once just after startup then runs beautifully until I shutdown. I've done a reset and seemed to be working fine until I installed some of my favorite...
  4. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Various applications not showing any text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Various applications not showing any text: Hello, since at least the past 2 days I've been seeing a handful of applications with no text at all, notable ones being File Explorer rarely but happens on occasion, Command Prompt and Task Manager. Wordpad is experiencing something similar, but the characters there are...
  6. no sound in applications after sleep, application restart required to fix it??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no sound in applications after sleep, application restart required to fix it??: idk what is happenning with my pc i'm using windows 10 2004 updated when when i wake my pc from sleep i have no sound in running applications and i need to restart the application to fix it. any idea how to fix? I think it started this month submitted by /u/winzupdatee...
  7. Removing various unneeded applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing various unneeded applications: After scouring the net - I notice there is no way to remove some of the more pointless features in Windows 10. Why is this ? I do not need/use skype/meet now or any of that pointless rubbish. I do not use the Microsoft Store. In fact, I don't even need the terrible...
  8. Signout All application during shutdown/restart/sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Signout All application during shutdown/restart/sleep: When I have shut down the system or restarted it, or when I go back from sleep position, the account will automatically remove or logout from the applications I already have signed. Because of that I'm forced to log in again every time. It's very difficult for me .. This...
  9. Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown: I seem to get a random, Explorer Memory error failure on shutdown... It closes to fast to get a screen shot 2264
  10. Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error: Upon every shutdown I get the following error message: The instruction at 0x00007FFA16AFCC60 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program. The title bar states: explorer.exe - Application Error I am...