Windows 10: Various applications not showing any text

Discus and support Various applications not showing any text in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, since at least the past 2 days I've been seeing a handful of applications with no text at all, notable ones being File Explorer rarely but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaanZaidi, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Various applications not showing any text

Hello, since at least the past 2 days I've been seeing a handful of applications with no text at all, notable ones being File Explorer rarely but happens on occasion, Command Prompt and Task Manager. Wordpad is experiencing something similar, but the characters there are usually in one line on the left with some characters merged into a sort of black spot. The only thing I can think of causing this is around 2 days ago, when all of my computer applications froze for a good 2 minutes. Is there any fix to this?

:)

ShaanZaidi, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Ben Key Win User

Use the "show text suggestions as I type" feature without using the mouse

I just discovered the "Show text suggestions as I type" feature in Windows 10. I enabled it in the Settings application (via Devices\Typing, Hardware, Show text suggestions as I type).

I like the feature. I have discovered one small problem with it.

When you start typing a word, the list of suggestions are displayed as follows.

Various applications not showing any text fSPAn.png

The above image shows the Notepad window containing the text "Hel" and the suggestions list containing the following three items.

• Hello
    • Hell
    • Help

The problem is that so far I have only been able to find one method of selecting an item in the suggestions list, to use the mouse. I would prefer to be able to make my selection using the keyboard.

Ben Key, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Store not showing images and text

Hi Daniel,

Damaged system files and language compatibility are one of the reasons why the images and texts on the Windows Store apps are not showing. We suggest following the steps below to run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Security and Maintenance, click on Troubleshoot common computer problems.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Windows Store Apps and click on the
      Run the troubleshooter button.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Various applications not showing any text

Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Various applications not showing any text

1. Various applications not showing any text - Similar Threads - Various applications showing

2. Any Kind Of Text Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Kind Of Text Not Showing: Hi, I reacently reset my windows11 and now it does not show any kind of text since last i restarted it.I had just downloaded java from the offical website so i dont think its malware that were dealing with here..Just for that ill provide a picture of the task manager.Please...
  3. Any Kind Of Text Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any Kind Of Text Not Showing: Hi, I reacently reset my windows11 and now it does not show any kind of text since last i restarted it.I had just downloaded java from the offical website so i dont think its malware that were dealing with here..Just for that ill provide a picture of the task manager.Please...
  4. BSOD with various reasons showing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with various reasons showing.: Having quite a few Blue Screens with the following reasons;RESOURCE_NOT_OWNEDINTERNAL_POWER_ERROR DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION PFN_LIST_CORRUPT SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONUsing Nirsoft Bluescreen View, I can see the problem is pointing to Ntoskrnl.exe, the most recent...
  5. BSOD with various reasons showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with various reasons showing.: Having quite a few Blue Screens with the following reasons;RESOURCE_NOT_OWNEDINTERNAL_POWER_ERROR DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION PFN_LIST_CORRUPT SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONUsing Nirsoft Bluescreen View, I can see the problem is pointing to Ntoskrnl.exe, the most recent...
  6. Removing various unneeded applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing various unneeded applications: After scouring the net - I notice there is no way to remove some of the more pointless features in Windows 10. Why is this ? I do not need/use skype/meet now or any of that pointless rubbish. I do not use the Microsoft Store. In fact, I don't even need the terrible...
  7. For any application that I open, instead of showing a small thumbnail of that application...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For any application that I open, instead of showing a small thumbnail of that application...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kurama5598 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipe8gd/for_any_application_that_i_open_instead_of/
  8. Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep

Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep: Hello - I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now, but I am unable to directly tie it to a change in my system. When I return to my PC in the morning I see multiple pop-ups with application error messages such as: 0xc0000142 0xc000012d 0xc000009a The...
  9. Various Windows applications start flashing on and off and taking various chunks of the...

Various Windows applications start flashing on and off and taking various chunks of the...: I have tried updating my drivers and trying all of the recovery options from Windows Advanced Boot Options. Also the result of the above problem usually leads me to a reboot....
  10. No text in applications

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No text in applications: Hi, I cant be able to see text in windows. Task manager, Program and features, Microsoft word and other apps too cant be able to show text. What I can see is columns and rows. Below are the pictures for some better explanation of my actual problem. I am using Evaluation...