Windows 10: Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and...

Discus and support Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!We have a very bizarre issue that has left me completely stumped. The issue is with one of our desktop PCs, it is plagued with various apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Slayereon, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Slayereon Win User

Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and...

Hello!We have a very bizarre issue that has left me completely stumped. The issue is with one of our desktop PCs, it is plagued with various apps constantly crashing, not opening, or otherwise not working to the point of unusability. The issue first arose a few months ago, around July or August. We are having a very hard time pinpointing the source of the errors, but several apps/games are reporting errors in Event Viewer with "Application Error 1000 100". I will include more detailed Event Viewer error logs below. Some specific apps/games exhibiting this issue include Discord, League o

:)

Slayereon, Oct 25, 2021

2. I can't reinstall my previously installed games!!!

Hi Fahd,

It appears that you're having an issue installing your previous games after reinstalling Windows 10. We would like to know if it is only happening when you're installing your games or is it also happening when you're installing an app from Microsoft Store.

Meanwhile, we suggest clearing Windows Store's cache by performing these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Justine Pel, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 and various games = system crashes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I would suggest you to please install and update BIOS, Chipset and Graphic drivers from the manufacturer website and reinstall the Games and check, refer the below link and check if it helps how to
    update drivers.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

How to install and Update Drivers:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Step 2: I would also suggest you to install the Game in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Install the Game in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Find the Game installer file location.

• Right-click on the setup.exe file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Reference: Below are the list of games which are compatible with the Windows 10.

Windows 10 Games List Compatibility: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ity-list/a31335a8-730f-4ac9-8c19-7c8c3a664ced

Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and...

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and...

1. Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and... - Similar Threads - Various apps games

2. Random BSOD even after reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD even after reinstall OS: Good morning, I have a problem with my computer. This is the ASUS TUF A15 FA507NV. Ryzen 7 7735HS, RTX 4060, 32 GB RAM. After the purchase, I additionally installed a 2 TB SSD. I regularly get BSOD or Frame freeze regardless of whether I'm currently gaming or browsing the...
  3. Random BSOD even after reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD even after reinstall OS: Good morning, I have a problem with my computer. This is the ASUS TUF A15 FA507NV. Ryzen 7 7735HS, RTX 4060, 32 GB RAM. After the purchase, I additionally installed a 2 TB SSD. I regularly get BSOD or Frame freeze regardless of whether I'm currently gaming or browsing the...
  4. Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall: hello. a few months ago I made the mistake of downloading some sketchy drivers for my pc, which caused it to crash. i was able to perform system restore, but ever since my PC has been having repeating blue screen error problems.actions taken to resolve this so far:update...
  5. Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall: hello. a few months ago I made the mistake of downloading some sketchy drivers for my pc, which caused it to crash. i was able to perform system restore, but ever since my PC has been having repeating blue screen error problems.actions taken to resolve this so far:update...
  6. Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and...

Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and...: Hello!We have a very bizarre issue that has left me completely stumped. The issue is with one of our desktop PCs, it is plagued with various apps constantly crashing, not opening, or otherwise not working to the point of unusability. The issue first arose a few months ago,...
  8. Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various apps/games not installing, not starting, or crashing even after OS reinstall and...: Hello!We have a very bizarre issue that has left me completely stumped. The issue is with one of our desktop PCs, it is plagued with various apps constantly crashing, not opening, or otherwise not working to the point of unusability. The issue first arose a few months ago,...
  9. Games Laggy After Reinstalling OS

Games Laggy After Reinstalling OS: I recently had to reset my pc meaning reinstalling windows 10 again, and I noticed that whenever I play redownloaded games like League of Legends, the performances of such games are laggy with major fps loss. I used to be getting 60 fps at even the highest of settings, now am...
  10. Crash loop after reinstalling OS

Crash loop after reinstalling OS: I asked this question a few days ago, but nobody helped me, so I'm reposting it. I have a Windows 10 desktop PC with 32 gb RAM and 2 tb of storage, which I use for 3d simulations and web application development, which normally works well for me, but as of late has...