Windows 10: various apps stuck "updating"

Discus and support various apps stuck "updating" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I keep trying to use mail and other apps but it pops up with "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." Or similar. Clicking the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by L.E.Mitchell, Sep 28, 2020.

1. various apps stuck "updating"

I keep trying to use mail and other apps but it pops up with "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." Or similar. Clicking the button to go to the store page opens the store page, which immediately crashes. Is there something I can update or is this a potential virus/bug?

:)

L.E.Mitchell, Sep 28, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Sep 28, 2020
  4. various apps stuck "updating"

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

various apps stuck "updating"

1. various apps stuck "updating" - Similar Threads - various apps stuck

2. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...
  3. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...
  4. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Apps stuck at download update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps stuck at download update: HiI bought a new machine a year ago. and i have had problems regarding Commutative update and Xbox apps updates.Every time I've got a major update < it stuck at 100% download!And every time i open my store app to check for updates, it stuck with Xbox Apps without downloading...
  6. Apps stuck at download update

Apps stuck at download update: HiI bought a new machine a year ago. and i have had problems regarding Commutative update and Xbox apps updates.Every time I've got a major update < it stuck at 100% download!And every time i open my store app to check for updates, it stuck with Xbox Apps without downloading...
  7. Various Microsoft updates

Various Microsoft updates: Have always been reluctant to accept updates, but did recently. As someone who has lost part of my vision and has sensitivities to certain lights and colors, I am now troubled that I have lost my dark-background screen, and the darkest now available through "Settings" is...
  8. Windows 10 Update stuck at various stages of progress

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update stuck at various stages of progress: I own a 2014 HP Pavilion 15 model which I did not use for the past two years due to a mother board issue. I recently fixed the board and have been trying to update the software windows 10. The present version is in windows 8. Trying to download update software from...
  9. Stuck Store,Apps & Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck Store,Apps & Updates: Hello how are you?! I am trying to update my system... i am trying to download via microsoft store.... i am trying to use my apps like photos,calendar etc and nothing.... there is a TWINUI.... also there is not at all the calculator app... Please do not re-send me at...
  10. Various apps can't run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various apps can't run: Problem: Since a few days ago, various apps no longer run. I reinstalled some of them, like Notepad++ and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and those run properly. However, the installers for some, like Google Chrome or Dropbox, also do not work (the window appears for a brief while...