Windows 10: Various BSOD errors in random activity

Discus and support Various BSOD errors in random activity in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So I'm having various BSOD in random time and doing, with different codes since my laptop was barley new until the present time. The only BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hugomo, Oct 10, 2019.

1. hugomo Win User

Various BSOD errors in random activity

Hello,

So I'm having various BSOD in random time and doing, with different codes since my laptop was barley new until the present time.
    The only BSOD I figured out was LogMeIn Hamachi driver, so I uninstalled it, but BSOD's continue to happen, even though I formated my disk and did a fresh Windows install.

I'm using Windows 10 1903, licensed.

At the Lenovo service, they told me that the diagnostic couldn't find any problems.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.
    Thanks!

:)

hugomo, Oct 10, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Bonn84 Win User
    Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Various BSOD errors in random activity - Similar Threads - Various BSOD errors

2. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  3. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  4. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Various BSOD's occuring randomly

Various BSOD's occuring randomly: Hi, I've bought brand new PC and started having random BSOD's while using PC or just when idling on desktop. I've tried to use Windows Memory Diagnostic, also ran commands /scannow and such in CMD because I read it in so many other topics regarding BSOD. I've had trouble...
  6. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hi There, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm being pestered by random BSOD errors including Reference by Pointer PFN List Corrupt System Service exception I am not overclocking to my knowledge anything on my PC. I've tested my RAM and my HDD, both had errors....
  7. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hello, I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often (several times a day) with various errors. I did all the hardware diagnostic possible (memtest, CPU, GPU,..), all were...
  8. Random BSODs - Various errors

Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  9. BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times: I've been through the ringer on this one. For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or even allow me to repair. I reinstalled Windows and starting getting random BSODs. I then performed about two days of...
  10. BSOD during various activities

BSOD during various activities: Recently bought all parts to build a computer, Built it all with no problems and everything was going smoothly until I started trying to watch youtube videos, download/play games, etc. When I get blue screen I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR stop code, I've tried things such...