Windows 10: Various BSOD messages

Discus and support Various BSOD messages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the last few weeks i have been having various BSOD and different messages each time, ranging from BAD_POOL_HEADER KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gbu, Oct 4, 2015.

1. GBU
    gbu Win User

Various BSOD messages

Over the last few weeks i have been having various BSOD and different messages each time, ranging from BAD_POOL_HEADER
    KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

All of these are preceded with the screen pixels all crashing into lines and buzzing sound.
    I havent been quick enough to take a picture but i have found a similar picture online to what i see, (not sure if this helps )

Debug zip uploaded

many thanks for looking

:)

2. OneDrive Causing BSOD: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (Windows 10 1709)

Hello,

I've figured out the root of this BSOD; when OneDrive is enabled, a BSOD occurs within seconds. The BSOD message displayed is APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I've tried various methods of repair to no avail.

This is on Windows 10 Ent 1709 (OS Build 06299.125)

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Kevin

man0faction, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Constant BSOD Crashes with Various Error Messages

Hi Garrett,

Your concern regarding the device crashing with a blue screen error can be caused by either hardware compatibility or driver related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

While we're analyzing the .dmp file that you've attached in your post, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and restore health
    DISM command to rule out any issues related to corrupted system files. To do this, you can follow the steps on this
    Forum Article created by community MVP
    ZigZag3143. In addition, try to uninstall any programs/software that you recently installed on your device. Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Various BSOD messages

Hi gbu,

I see you have KMSpico.
    Is KMSpico used for Windows?
    You have also Office 2016 Tools, but I am not sure if KMSpico supports that.

axe0, Oct 5, 2015
  5. GBU
    gbu Win User
    thx for the reply, im using KMS for office not Windows.

The BSOD were happening before that was ever used.

I have done a clean install of Win10 and this was happening before and since the install with limited apps installed.

6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove KMSpico and Office.
    Troubleshooting with a program that contains modified code is unreliable due to the fact that the modified program could behave in unexpected ways.
    This would make it only (more) difficult to properly troubleshoot.

When you have removed KMSpico and Office, please run the tool again and upload the zip file to prevent mistakes about KMSpico.

axe0, Oct 5, 2015
  7. GBU
    gbu Win User
    Here you go new debug file, hoe this helps *Smile

8. axe0 New Member

Various BSOD messages

Please move some files from the I and K partition to increase the free space to at least 10-15%.
    Every partition needs at least 10-15% free space so Windows can do its thing in the background.

Various BSOD messages [​IMG]
    Warning Less free space could cause BSOD's

If you are using any kind of method to cleanup your pc, please stop using it.
    The reason for this is that the method(s) likely remove dump files which are needed for troubleshooting.

Please uninstall Trusteer Endpoint Security using the uninstall utility you can find in the uninstall instructions here
    Some drivers of Trusteer have been flagged
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RapportCerberus64_1507072.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RapportCerberus64_1507072.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RapportPG64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RapportPG64.sys[/quote]

axe0, Oct 5, 2015
  9. GBU
    gbu Win User
    Ok freeing up space i can do.

Im not using any method currently to clean my Pc but in the past have used CrapCleaner but as i said this is a clean install of Win10 and i havent got round to installing any yet.

Trusteer is what my bank recommends for online banking as security, will this be ok to uninstall as i get a notification saying i need it every time i go to sign into my bank online ?
    https://www.winhelp.us/trusteer-rapport.html

10. axe0 New Member
    Trusteer is likely not 100% compatible with Windows 10.
    It is surely fine to uninstall it, you can use Windows Defender as temporary alternative until Trusteer has updated itself for better compatibility.

You get a notification, but that doesn't mean you cannot uninstall it.
    When you have uninstalled it, you only need to be more careful with banking and know what to look for to identify if the site is not a phishing site or something similar.

11. GBU
    gbu Win User
    Ok thnks.

Once ive freed up space on hard drives and uninstalled Trusteer what next, just wait and see if crashes happen or do i post back here?

Is Defender enabled by default as i have no icon on taskbar to see if running?

12. axe0 New Member
    Likely you can enable it in the settings if Defender is not enabled automatically.

13. GBU
    gbu Win User

Various BSOD messages

Just checked and was on so no need for Trusteer now with this running?

14. axe0 New Member
    More then 1 is bad and usually Windows Defender disables itself when a second installes.

15. GBU
    gbu Win User
    Here is new debug file with your suggestions completed.

Thema:

Various BSOD messages

1. Various BSOD messages - Similar Threads - Various BSOD messages

2. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs: I've been getting mostly Clock Watchdog Timeout and Machine Thread Exception stop errors, this happened to be a system thread exception not handled. I'm really not sure what's going on. I reinstalled Windows, have updated all my drivers, looked on forums, etc. The PC boots...
  3. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSODs: Hello,I am using an Asus Tuf Laptop and for the second time already, I am experiencing multiple types of BSOD error codes.I say for the second time because I've already brought my laptop once for repair for the same reason.The crashes seem to happen whenever I perform an...
  4. Frequent BSOD on Windows 10 - various messages

Frequent BSOD on Windows 10 - various messages: I'm running out of ideas on what is causing repeated BSOD with varying messages. I won't get one for weeks and then I'll get three in a day. It's a recent gaming office computer that I've built for myself. It has never once crashed in a game, it nearly always happens when...
  5. Various BSOD Messages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Various BSOD Messages: Been getting random BSOD Messages - would appreciate some help in determining possible cause heres a link to the DMP files https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0upvvf6te6lsuq/050820-18625-01.zip?dl=0 thanks!...
  6. BSOD crashes with various messages.

BSOD crashes with various messages.: Hello! My recently built PC has been crashing at different times and occasions.Below you can find my PC build, actions I have taken so far and a link to my recent minidump files. Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance! PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Vega 11 ASrock B450...
  7. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe With Various Error Messages

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe With Various Error Messages: For the past couple months, I've been having daily BSOD issues (sometimes twice a day), which almost always occur when gaming with multiple programs/windows open, but has also occurred a couple times when just using the browser. I downloaded a program called WhoCrashed to...
  8. Regular BSOD of various messages

Regular BSOD of various messages: Hi There I have been experiencing random and varied BSODs on my system for some time now. Memory_Management and Page Fault In Non Paged Area are two that I see more often but the issue is certainly not limited to these two error codes. System stability seems to vary; on...
  9. BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages

BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages: OK, I've got an annoying one here. I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on a factory built PC (Chillblast) that was running OK under Windows 7, but is now Blue Screening on Windows 10. When I boot the PC from cold about 1/3 of the time it will blue screen. The...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and various other BSOD Messages.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and various other BSOD Messages.: Hello all, I'm very new here so I hope I have followed the rules right! I have been having issues non stop with blue screens that seem to always relate to ntoskrnl.exe. I tend to get them every week or so, but i only have 4 logs due to a system restore not too long ago to...