Windows 10: Various BSOD on Windows 10 install replaced motherboard and SSD

Discus and support Various BSOD on Windows 10 install replaced motherboard and SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, having a multitude of BSOD problems. Issues started a few weeks ago when I started getting a netio.sys BSOD but different stop codes e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Synesthesia92, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Various BSOD on Windows 10 install replaced motherboard and SSD

Hi everyone, having a multitude of BSOD problems. Issues started a few weeks ago when I started getting a netio.sys BSOD but different stop codes e.g. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Weirdly it seemed to happen when I was installing games from the Epic Games Store but no idea if it was actually linked.

Since then I have:

1. Updated drivers none needed updating

2. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool - no issues with RAM cam up.

3. Updated BIOS on Gigabyte motherboard.

4. Replaced my motherboard.

5. Tried to reinstall Windows - failed and kept BSODing during install from USB.

6. Run a memtest86 - no issues came up.

7. SSD send off for RMA - tested by Scan and failed CrystalDisk health check so they sent me a replacement.

8. Still BSODing during Windows install. First time it was a stop code of "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" again and 'what failed' was ntfs.sys not seen this before. Second try I got the "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" stop code for the first time. Third time it was a stop code of "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" with "what failed" as CLASSPNP.sys.

Now I'm wondering if there's an issue with CPU, but I'm genuinely at a complete loss as to what to do here. Most of the advice online is useful for those still running Windows, whereas I am stuck in this Window-less nightmare.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated, thank you!

Specs are:

Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard brand new

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 2 x8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Enthusiast RGB LED Illuminated Memory Kit

SSD: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA 6GBP brand new

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6GHz Coffee Lake Socket LGA1151 Processor - OEM

Graphics card: GeForce® GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8GB

Power supply: CORSAIR RMxWhite Series RM750x

:)

Synesthesia92, Mar 16, 2020
  2. konyciua Win User

Getting all kinds of BSOD while installing Windows 10 on an empty SSD

I was receiving a BSOD every 1-4 weeks (while working on Windows 10), wasn't able to figure out the cause of it. Tested RAM, SSD, all were good and I didn't pay too much attention.

Yesterday I've received another BSOD, didn't mind it, PC restarted and I saw a Windows message of "Automatic repair", which then resulted into "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.". Left it there for another 10 or so hours - it
    was still running. Shut down the PC, took out the SSD (Samsung EVO 850, bought 6 months ago), backed up all the data, cleaned it, formatted and now trying to install windows on an empty SSD. Using a USB. These are the BSODs that I'm currently receiving when
    trying to launch a Windows installation (by the way, same BSODs were appearing earlier "when everything was fine"):

• IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
    • KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    • NTFS FILE SYSTEM
    • MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS
    • BAD POOL HEADER
    Already tried:

• reformatting the SSD
    • reformatting the USB and flashing Windows installation to it
    • tried using another USB
    • switching RAM sticks (in total there are 4 of them, 8 GB each)
    • BIOS default
    PC parts:

• Motherboard: Asus B350-PLUS
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
    • RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 (4x8GB)
    • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

konyciua, Mar 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Various BSOD on Windows 10 install replaced motherboard and SSD

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Various BSOD on Windows 10 install replaced motherboard and SSD

1. Various BSOD on Windows 10 install replaced motherboard and SSD - Similar Threads - Various BSOD install

2. SSD does not boot with Windows 10 after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD does not boot with Windows 10 after motherboard replacement: Hello everyone. Recently I had to replace the motherboard of my computer and since then, my SSD has stopped working as I wanted. Although it is recognized in the BIOS, I cannot boot Windows from it. There is always some error when starting Windows and I need to start the...
  3. SSD does not boot with Windows 10 after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD does not boot with Windows 10 after motherboard replacement: Hello everyone. Recently I had to replace the motherboard of my computer and since then, my SSD has stopped working as I wanted. Although it is recognized in the BIOS, I cannot boot Windows from it. There is always some error when starting Windows and I need to start the...
  4. SSD does not boot with Windows 10 after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice: Dell cannot tell if the motherboard or the SSD is defective, so they are going to replace both under warranty. I have until now never had a two-drive computer, so I need advice on what to backup before the remove/replace is done. The replacement mother board will have Windows...
  6. Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice: Dell cannot tell if the motherboard or the SSD is defective, so they are going to replace both under warranty. I have until now never had a two-drive computer, so I need advice on what to backup before the remove/replace is done. The replacement mother board will have Windows...
  7. Various BSOD while installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Various BSOD while installing Windows 10: I got blue screen(various error codes like Bad Pool Caller,volsnap.sys, driver irql not less or equal etc.) while installing windows 10. I tried installing different SSD but it didn't work either. I need help. submitted by /u/warface9991 [link] [comments]...
  8. BSOD after replacing motherboard and processor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after replacing motherboard and processor: Three months ago I replaced the motherboard and processor on my computerFor the 2 months, I've been having daily BSOD issues (sometimes twice a day, lately more often), which almost always occur when gaming with multiple programs/windows open, but has also occurred a couple...
  9. Various questions involving ssd's. motherboard and installing win 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various questions involving ssd's. motherboard and installing win 10.: Alright I am thinking of getting my 1st ssd, Now according to a program my motherboard has a max of sata 600 (sata 3 iirc), However all it shows in the program is a s-150 and a s-300 port open, would I assume the s-600 (sata3) port is the one my current hdd is plugged into?...
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...