Windows 10: Various BSOD

Discus and support Various BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I thought my BSOD troubles were behind me. No BSOD for a few weeks and now out of the blue they are starting again. The only new piece of hardware I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kozz1984, Jan 30, 2016.

1. kozz1984 Win User

Various BSOD

I thought my BSOD troubles were behind me. No BSOD for a few weeks and now out of the blue they are starting again.

The only new piece of hardware I installed was an add on USB expansion like 4 weeks ago and recently I used a multiport 5 in 1 USB reader.

I'll post the log, I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

:)

kozz1984, Jan 30, 2016

2. Various BSOD's

Here is the latest minidump :
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgPW6VrsiddQgnMXnmUwxOwMPFTE

nicalai2003, Jan 30, 2016
  3. nicalai2003, Jan 30, 2016
  4. Golden Win User

Various BSOD

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 50, {ffffc005bc57c3f0, 0, fffff800b80a10bf, 2} Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : luafv.sys ( luafv!LuafvPreWrite+3f ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Please follow:
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Golden, Jan 30, 2016
  5. kozz1984 Win User
    I ran MemTest86 last night and it found errors on test 9 on the first pass with my memory (8gb x 4) in XMP profile.
    I understand the XMP profile settings are advertised for 1 kit installed, I however have two installed so maybe that is the problem?

I disabled my XMP profile and ran for another 6 passes without any errors.

I suppose I'll just leave XMP disabled and come back if it occurs again.
    Eventually I'll get around to testing every stick of ram individually.

Thanks!

John

kozz1984, Jan 30, 2016
  6. kozz1984 Win User
    I thought it was fixed but I got another BSOD while sorting a file collection by date imported in Jriver.

I am really hoping someone can point me to a hardware vs software problem as this is a fairly new build...
    New file is attached. Thanks.

I also plan on running another 8 hours of memtest86 tonight.

kozz1984, Feb 1, 2016
  7. kozz1984 Win User
    I ran memtest86 another 8 hours on default settings (no XMP) with no errors found...makes me think there is some software problem.

If anyone can help confirm I would be gracious.

Thanks.

kozz1984, Feb 1, 2016
  8. lifetec Win User

Various BSOD

The latest dumpfile is
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1A, {41792, fffff680002b7100, 1000000000, 0} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( ONE_BIT ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 0: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a) # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000041792, A corrupt PTE has been detected. Parameter 2 contains the address of the PTE. Parameters 3/4 contain the low/high parts of the PTE. Arg2: fffff680002b7100 Arg3: 0000001000000000 Arg4: 0000000000000000[/quote] Run the memtest 86 for at least 8 complete passes.

Your memory is 2400 mhz but from the dumpfile it runs at 2133 mhz.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0043h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0042h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 8192MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 0 Memory Type 1ah - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 2133MHz Manufacturer 0215 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number CMK16GX4M2A2400C14[/quote] Check this in your BIOS and also your other specs like CL 14 etc.

Please update your Easeus TODO backup program it has drivers from 2014
    Also your Open Vpn driver/programs is outdated the drivers are from 2013

lifetec, Feb 2, 2016
  9. kozz1984 Win User
    What does a corrupt PTE mean?

My memory is 2400 mhz with XMP enabled and 2133 if left to auto in BIOS.
    I'll run more memory tests overnight.
    I have run atleast 8 runs of memtest86 with XMP disabled without any errors but my latest BSOD was while running with XMP disabled too.

Thanks for checking it out.

John

kozz1984, Feb 2, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    A page table is the data structure used by a virtual memory system in a computer operating system to store the mapping* between virtual addresses and physical addresses.
    A corrupted entry of the page table means that a part of the data structure has been corrupted.
    (Not entirely correct)

*mapping = translation from virtual addresses to physical addresses by the memory management mechanism with assistance from the hardware

11. kozz1984 Win User
    Thanks for the help everyone. I know this is an old thread but I forgot to let everyone know that the problem has been solved.

IT WAS BAD RAM!!! I RMA'ed it and have not had a BSOD in 9 months!!!

Bad ram, unfu**in believable. 9 months later and I am still upset about it!!

kozz1984, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Various BSOD

1. Various BSOD - Similar Threads - Various BSOD

2. bsod for various...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod for various...: For a long time now I have been struggling with blue screens on my Windows. They always come out for various reasons and mainly during the game. I have already checked the RAM using memtest. I also swapped the RAM I explain why I put such emphasis on RAM, this started...
  3. bsod for various...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod for various...: For a long time now I have been struggling with blue screens on my Windows. They always come out for various reasons and mainly during the game. I have already checked the RAM using memtest. I also swapped the RAM I explain why I put such emphasis on RAM, this started...
  4. bsod for various...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD with various stop codes: Hi lately my computer is frequently experiencing BSOD with various stop codes such as SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and CACHE_MANAGER. I tried reading the minidump file myself but I don't really understand. Please can anyone help me analyze the problem, I would...
  6. Frequent BSOD with various stop codes

Frequent BSOD with various stop codes: Hi lately my computer is frequently experiencing BSOD with various stop codes such as SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and CACHE_MANAGER. I tried reading the minidump file myself but I don't really understand. Please can anyone help me analyze the problem, I would...
  7. Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.: I now am seeing tons of BSOD failures. I reinstalled windows hoping this would fix the problem. I now see that it hasn't, so I present the following minidump. If anyone can deduce the point of failure from this info I will be forever in your debt....
  8. Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.

Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.: I now am seeing tons of BSOD failures. I reinstalled windows hoping this would fix the problem. I now see that it hasn't, so I present the following minidump. If anyone can deduce the point of failure from this info I will be forever in your debt....
  9. Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSoD issues, various different STOP codes

BSoD issues, various different STOP codes: I can't seem to find out what is going wrong, I've read on other forums that people need minidump files to help sort out the problem so I am attaching the zip folder and hoping someone here can help.I installed a PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD a week ago to replace my old one and it...