Windows 10: Various BSODs affecting my PC

Discus and support Various BSODs affecting my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to self-troubleshoot some BSODs I've been experiencing recently but, unfortunately, I'm getting nowhere. So I figured it'd be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jamie123_500, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Various BSODs affecting my PC

Hi,

I've been trying to self-troubleshoot some BSODs I've been experiencing recently but, unfortunately, I'm getting nowhere. So I figured it'd be best to consult the experts...

I built this computer in September 2019 and have experienced the occasional BSOD ever since. I'd say it was maybe once a week at first. Unfortunately, they've only increased in number to the point where my computer now BSODs at least once a day, if not twice.

It seems to mostly happen when my computer is idle, although it does sometimes also happen when I'm using it.

I've so far tried:

• sfc /scannow - no issues reported
    • windows mem check - no issues reported
    • updating everything to newest windows update - no change
    • updating SSD drivers, GPU drivers, LAN drivers, sound drivers, chipset drivers, BIOS, to newest versions - no change
    • using "driver easy" - it reported some outdated drivers (mainly AMD SATA controllers) but, when I updated them, it caused my system to crash. Don't know if I did it wrong.

I have the recent minidumps, I'll try and upload them to this post but not exactly sure how haha.

My specs are as follows:

AMD 3700x

Gigabyte X570 Auros Elite

16GB Corsair Vengeance (3200MHz)

AMD R9 280x Asus Direct CU II (this is one of the oldest components, it's from my old computer, and I wonder if it's causing problems)

OS (Windows 10 64-bit) is on a Crucial P1 NVMe card plugged into a M.2 slot on my motherboard

a Samsung 850 EVO and a Samsung 840

Various 2TB drives of various ages, including one which does show drive errors but that I only really have plugged in as a backup. There are currently no files on it (could this be causing issues?)

Getting tempted to just clean re-install Windows 10, but not sure this would even work, and it also assumes that this is a software issue and not a hardware one, which I'm unsure of.

Cheers guys,

Jamie

:)

Jamie123_500, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Dec 18, 2019
  3. FDAlv Win User
    Various BSOD

I've been experiencing various BSODs and they all seem to be coming from mostly different things, I've been struggling because I'm not sure if it's that the harddrive isn't working properly or if it's something causing all these things to occur. The list
    of the BSODs and their respective causes taken from BlueScreenView are as follows:

1 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - caused by fwpklclnt.sys

1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Caused by USBPORT.SYS

1 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - win32kfull.sys

3 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - All caused by ntoskrnl.exe

3 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - One by NTFS.SYS, another by afd.sys and the last y ntoskrnl.exe

I've also included a link to a folder with all the dmp files https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...21&authkey=!AFHN7CkSS-le7lI&ithint=folder,dmp

FDAlv, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Dommer Win User

Various BSODs affecting my PC

Getting Various BSOD's Since

Thank you for the information. When I get home from work tonight I will try these two steps. Is it ok to play games to try to bait the BSOD to pop up? or do I just have to have the PC sit there after I restart while testing with the clean boot approach?

- - - Updated - - -

If I get BSOD's should i still post the mini dumps or just follow the clean boot instructions to try to pin point the driver(s) that is/are acting up?

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case anybody wants to know what I have tried so far with the help of the Tom's Hardware forums so we don't repeat certain techniques that were already attempted.

Question - Getting Various BSOD's | Tom's Hardware Forum

Dommer, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Various BSODs affecting my PC

1. Various BSODs affecting my PC - Similar Threads - Various BSODs affecting

2. bsod for various...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod for various...: For a long time now I have been struggling with blue screens on my Windows. They always come out for various reasons and mainly during the game. I have already checked the RAM using memtest. I also swapped the RAM I explain why I put such emphasis on RAM, this started...
  3. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs: I've been getting mostly Clock Watchdog Timeout and Machine Thread Exception stop errors, this happened to be a system thread exception not handled. I'm really not sure what's going on. I reinstalled Windows, have updated all my drivers, looked on forums, etc. The PC boots...
  4. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs: I've been getting mostly Clock Watchdog Timeout and Machine Thread Exception stop errors, this happened to be a system thread exception not handled. I'm really not sure what's going on. I reinstalled Windows, have updated all my drivers, looked on forums, etc. The PC boots...
  5. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs: Hello, I've been getting a few different blue screens at random times most common while doing nothing on the desktop. Most of my other blue screens are caused by the newly released Halo Infinite and it disagreeing with something, but this one I can't figure out.I've recently...
  6. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs: Hello, I've been getting a few different blue screens at random times most common while doing nothing on the desktop. Most of my other blue screens are caused by the newly released Halo Infinite and it disagreeing with something, but this one I can't figure out.I've recently...
  7. Various BSODs

8. Various BSODs

Various BSODs: Hello,I am using an Asus Tuf Laptop and for the second time already, I am experiencing multiple types of BSOD error codes.I say for the second time because I've already brought my laptop once for repair for the same reason.The crashes seem to happen whenever I perform an...
  9. PC frequently encounters various BSODs

PC frequently encounters various BSODs: I built a PC last year with: TUF B550-PLUS/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6core/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/ G.SKILL Aegis 16GB/ Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN550 and things went well for a weeks and two. Then BSODs kept on happening randomly when ever I'm not using my computer with...
  10. Various BSOD

Various BSOD: I thought my BSOD troubles were behind me. No BSOD for a few weeks and now out of the blue they are starting again. The only new piece of hardware I installed was an add on USB expansion like 4 weeks ago and recently I used a multiport 5 in 1 USB reader. I'll post the...