Windows 10: Various BSODS after laptop dropped....no memory or HDD errors?

Discus and support Various BSODS after laptop dropped....no memory or HDD errors? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all - I've got a laptop I am working on for a friend with Win10 that has various BSODs at random. The owner tells me it was dropped awhile back and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darkstrike, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Various BSODS after laptop dropped....no memory or HDD errors?

Hey all - I've got a laptop I am working on for a friend with Win10 that has various BSODs at random. The owner tells me it was dropped awhile back and has been doing it since. It's an HP Envy x360 convertible laptop. I've let Memtest86 go for a zillion passes and it came back clean, and CrystalDiskInfo shows no issues with the hard drive according to SMART diagnostics....not sure what could be wrong?

I've seen various BSOD error codes....0x0000001a, 0x0000001d, 0x000000a0....and maybe 2 more.

Any ideas how to figure out what is causing this? It's running the latest Win10 version (2004).

Sounds like a hardware failure to me, but I'd think it's fairly rare for a solid-state item like a motherboard to fail due to being dropped. He's not sure if it was running or not when it was knocked off the table as only his girlfriend was home.

With the RAM and hard drive checking out fine, I don't THINK it would be them?

He's also told me he's done a Windows 10 'Reset' or 'Refresh' - I forget which is which, but he did the one that reinstalls windows and uninstalls your programs, but leaves all your files intact and with a list of the programs it removed, so it's kindof a 'fresh' install of Windows 10 in that sense...

:)

Darkstrike, Aug 7, 2020

2. Various BSODS after laptop dropped....no memory or HDD errors?

Hey all - I've got a laptop I am working on for a friend with Win10 that has various BSODs at random. The owner tells me it was dropped awhile back and has been doing it since. It's an HP Envy x360 convertible laptop. I've let Memtest86 go for a zillion passes and it came back clean, and CrystalDiskInfo shows no issues with the hard drive according to SMART diagnostics....not sure what could be wrong?

I've seen various BSOD error codes....0x0000001a, 0x0000001d, 0x000000a0....and maybe 2 more.

Any ideas how to figure out what is causing this? It's running the latest Win10 version (2004).

Sounds like a hardware failure to me, but I'd think it's fairly rare for a solid-state item like a motherboard to fail due to being dropped. He's not sure if it was running or not when it was knocked off the table as only his girlfriend was home.

With the RAM and hard drive checking out fine, I don't THINK it would be them?

He's also told me he's done a Windows 10 'Reset' or 'Refresh' - I forget which is which, but he did the one that reinstalls windows and uninstalls your programs, but leaves all your files intact and with a list of the programs it removed, so it's kindof a 'fresh' install of Windows 10 in that sense...

Darkstrike, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

Various BSODS after laptop dropped....no memory or HDD errors?

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Various BSODS after laptop dropped....no memory or HDD errors?

1. Various BSODS after laptop dropped....no memory or HDD errors? - Similar Threads - Various BSODS laptop

2. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  3. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  4. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Various "Memory could not be written" Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various "Memory could not be written" Errors: I recently built a new PC. Every time I shutdown/restart I get the following errors - Error 1 Error 2. This isn't just specific to these applications. I will get the same messages on several apps like OneDrive, Steam, WallpaperEngine, ect. First I tried running a memory test...
  6. Various "Memory could not be written" Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various "Memory could not be written" Errors: I recently built a new PC. Every time I shutdown/restart I get the following errors - Error 1 Error 2. This isn't just specific to these applications. I will get the same messages on several apps like OneDrive, Steam, WallpaperEngine, ect. First I tried running a memory test...
  7. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hi There, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm being pestered by random BSOD errors including Reference by Pointer PFN List Corrupt System Service exception I am not overclocking to my knowledge anything on my PC. I've tested my RAM and my HDD, both had errors....
  8. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hello, I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often (several times a day) with various errors. I did all the hardware diagnostic possible (memtest, CPU, GPU,..), all were...
  9. Recurring BSOD. Continually getting various errors: Kernel Security Error, Memory Error,...

Recurring BSOD. Continually getting various errors: Kernel Security Error, Memory Error,...: Hello, I was recently playing the new Gears 5 on PC when my pc BSOD. I have been able to get it to work for short amount of times but it will either BSOD with various errors generally related to memory management. I have followed online guides about uninstalling recent...
  10. BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages

BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages: OK, I've got an annoying one here. I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on a factory built PC (Chillblast) that was running OK under Windows 7, but is now Blue Screening on Windows 10. When I boot the PC from cold about 1/3 of the time it will blue screen. The...