Windows 10: Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11

Discus and support Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just did a fresh install from Windows 10 to 11 Pro a few weeks ago, and since then my system freezes and I'm having some weird BSODs.I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wmh90, Jun 16, 2022.

1. wmh90 Win User

Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11

Hi, I just did a fresh install from Windows 10 to 11 Pro a few weeks ago, and since then my system freezes and I'm having some weird BSODs.I did not had them in Windows 10.My computer is kinda a complete solution, I use for work, CFTV, media server and gaming, and he could handle it all just fine before.Sometimes I'm playing Apex Legends and the game just closes, sometimes I get an DX error, sometimes it just gives a BSOD, the last time was something related to a file named hidusb.sys. I can't even let my CFTV program running while playing because this is 90% chance it will give me a BSOD.I've

:)

wmh90, Jun 16, 2022
  2. LesHintz Win User
    LesHintz, Jun 16, 2022
  3. KevinBorg Win User
    My w10 pc is finally ready & approved for w11 upgrade - thank you

Hey guys,
    Just dropped back in to say thanks again, here's the new screen shot showing my W10 -21H1
    PC is finally W11 Approved and ready to go after downloading and applying Shawn's
    W10 Core Isolation Memory Integrity registry fixes.
    It only took seconds to apply and it worked flawlessly. It also fixed the drivers that were stopping me from getting the Core Isolation to work in the first place.
    Secure Boot and TPM are now all turned on and ready for W11 Upgrade.
    Here are my PC and Windows Settings Pages showing everything all turned On
    and Approved and ready for W11 Upgrade.
    Thank you all so much, yr awesome and you have saved me so much time and frustration
    as I was getting nowhere online until I found the W10 and W11 Forum.

WINDOW 10 UPDATE PAGE IN SETTINGS
    Showing my PC is now Approved and Ready for W11 Upgrade

Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11 [​IMG]

WINDOW 10 SECURITY PAGE
    Showing Core Isolation is now turned On and ready for W11 Upgrade

WINDOW 10 DEVICE SECURITY PAGE

Showing all 3 Security Features required by Microsoft ready for W11 Upgrade
    1- Core Isolation Turned On
    2- TPM Trusted Platform Module Turned On
    3- Secure Boot Turned On

I hope I have inserted these pics correctly, and all the best with yr own PCs
    Thanks again
    Cheers Kev

KevinBorg, Jun 16, 2022
  4. jimbo45 Win User

W11 update nag on W10 computer

Hi there

I've got here an older laptop that is running W10 without any issue though Windows update is still nagging "Get ready for W11". OK I like W11 and have some machines running it but this machine won't (incompatible hardawre) and I'm not interested in poodlefaking it to run W11.

Is there any reg fix or whatever to get rid of the W11 Nag stuff --I want to continue receiving W10 updates especially security ones on this machine so I don't want to pause updates etc.

W10 build is 21H1 19043.1706 W10 Pro. (64 bit).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11 - Similar Threads - Various BSODs upgrading

2. Mouse releases click when dragging after upgrade from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse releases click when dragging after upgrade from W10 to W11: After upgrading to W11, I've noticed this issue.The pattern I observed is: - click and hold left button, drag while holding left button, - stop dragging while holding button, - drag again while holding button. At this point windows releases the button without it physically...
  3. Mouse releases click when dragging after upgrade from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse releases click when dragging after upgrade from W10 to W11: After upgrading to W11, I've noticed this issue.The pattern I observed is: - click and hold left button, drag while holding left button, - stop dragging while holding button, - drag again while holding button. At this point windows releases the button without it physically...
  4. Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11: Hi, I just did a fresh install from Windows 10 to 11 Pro a few weeks ago, and since then my system freezes and I'm having some weird BSODs.I did not had them in Windows 10.My computer is kinda a complete solution, I use for work, CFTV, media server and gaming, and he could...
  5. About upgrading from W10 to W11 - Skype and Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About upgrading from W10 to W11 - Skype and Windows Defender: I decided to accept the prompt to upgrade my W10 Pro to W11... it took a while over an hour but was a pretty painless experience otherwise. Only problems I've discovered so far are:1 Skype kept crashing. Fixed by going to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features - scroll down to...
  6. About upgrading from W10 to W11 - Skype and Windows Defender

About upgrading from W10 to W11 - Skype and Windows Defender: I decided to accept the prompt to upgrade my W10 Pro to W11... it took a while over an hour but was a pretty painless experience otherwise. Only problems I've discovered so far are:1 Skype kept crashing. Fixed by going to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features - scroll down to...
  7. W11 Upgrade from W10 via pure install from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Upgrade from W10 via pure install from USB: Hello!I would like to ask if the associated Windows 10 Pro key will be upgraded on my account alongside with a fresh Windows 11 Install.I have not tried it before, but if it is time to upgrade to 11 Strictly through clean install - No upgrade. I'd like to know if the...
  8. W11 Upgrade from W10 via pure install from USB

W11 Upgrade from W10 via pure install from USB: Hello!I would like to ask if the associated Windows 10 Pro key will be upgraded on my account alongside with a fresh Windows 11 Install.I have not tried it before, but if it is time to upgrade to 11 Strictly through clean install - No upgrade. I'd like to know if the...
  9. Licensing from w10 to w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Licensing from w10 to w11: Hi!I have a question regarding activation,I currently have windows 10 PRO activated with a Retail key, I do have the option to upgrade in my "settings > update&security" which I guess my key will be intact and windows 11 will be activated. My question is > What if I freshly...
  10. Licensing from w10 to w11

Licensing from w10 to w11: Hi!I have a question regarding activation,I currently have windows 10 PRO activated with a Retail key, I do have the option to upgrade in my "settings > update&security" which I guess my key will be intact and windows 11 will be activated. My question is > What if I freshly...