Windows 10: Various BSODs and crashes

Discus and support Various BSODs and crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I cleaned out my PC and reorganized some of my hardware moved hard drives, added two RAM sticks that I had laying around, moved cooler to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffY1000, Jul 26, 2020.

1. JeffY1000 Win User

Various BSODs and crashes

Yesterday I cleaned out my PC and reorganized some of my hardware moved hard drives, added two RAM sticks that I had laying around, moved cooler to a more convenient location. However, after doing so I started experiencing multiple crashes and BSODs while using my PC. The issue is that every time I get a BSOD the stop code is different. So far, I have gotten the codes WORKER_THREAD_RETURNED_AT_BAD_IRQL,PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT all in the same day. I have tried many times to find the issue: I removed the RAM that I added yesterday, I performed memory scans, scanned my C drive, tried "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" in cmd, updated Windows 10 fully, and updated my NVIDIA graphics drivers. I have noticed that all my crashes were while playing games, though I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times with no changes in the crashing. In addition, some of my crashes were freezes that result in me being unable to launch the game. The internet has not given me conclusive answers regarding the issue, with possible causes being low-level hardware issues or even corrupted Windows. Any suggestions or possible causes? Sorry if some of my computer terminology is off or if I wasn't clear, I am not especially tech-savvy.

Some details about my PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070

RAM: 2 sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 288-Pin

Hard Drive: ST2000DM001-1ER164 from an old PC

:)

JeffY1000, Jul 26, 2020

2. Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, Jul 26, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 26, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Various BSODs and crashes - Similar Threads - Various BSODs crashes

2. System crash with various BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash with various BSOD: Hi allSorry for the format but this is the first time I post here as I am starting to run out of options with my system crash.Started around two days ago, and my desktop will crash randomly. Sometimes it crashed when I was away from the computer, and other times it will crash...
  3. System crash with various BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crash with various BSOD: Hi allSorry for the format but this is the first time I post here as I am starting to run out of options with my system crash.Started around two days ago, and my desktop will crash randomly. Sometimes it crashed when I was away from the computer, and other times it will crash...
  4. System crash with various BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Getting various BSOD crashes lately

Getting various BSOD crashes lately: Hello, I've been getting a ton of bsod crashes lately, and i can't find the reason. It all started yesterday when i thought that updating my bios was a good idea because what could go wrong haha... So after doing that I also noticed that i still had a few partitions dedicated...
  6. Various BSOD crashes Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Various BSOD crashes Win 10: For a few months now I have been experincing intermittent bsod errors which over the past few weeks have become unbearable at times often causing upto 10 crashes within the space of an hour or two, then will run fine for 12 hours or so. The main culprit is SYSTEM SERVICE...
  7. BSOD crashes with various messages.

BSOD crashes with various messages.: Hello! My recently built PC has been crashing at different times and occasions.Below you can find my PC build, actions I have taken so far and a link to my recent minidump files. Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance! PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Vega 11 ASrock B450...
  8. Frequent Various BSOD crashes

Frequent Various BSOD crashes: Hello, for the last 2-3 days out of nowhere the last 2-3 days my computer has been getting a variety of different BSODs. Many of which point to faulty hardware, drivers, or memory problems. I've tried a few things including updating any outdated drivers, and restoring the...
  9. Various BSODs, Crashes and Freezes

Various BSODs, Crashes and Freezes: Hello. Ive been experiencing a number of different crashes, freezes and BSOD's and im not entirely sure of the cause. Examples of BSODs ive encountered: Interrupt_Exception_Not_Handled, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area, Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled,...
  10. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...