Windows 10: Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time

Discus and support Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have experienced a strange issue twice now this week. Two nights ago, I had wrapped up gaming for the night and was closing things down, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jay Rhyne, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Jay Rhyne Win User

Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time

Hello,I have experienced a strange issue twice now this week. Two nights ago, I had wrapped up gaming for the night and was closing things down, when I got a BSOD. I believe the first one was reference_by_pointer. Then I received a bunch back to back, whether I was doing a normal boot, safe mode, or the repair tool. The were various different stop codes, including but not limited to: system_service_exception, kernel_mode_heap_corruption, kernel_security_check_failure, irql_not_less_or_equal, and page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. I left it alone, and came back later to find it boot right up and let

:)

Jay Rhyne, Jun 8, 2023

2. Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, Jun 8, 2023
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time :)

cplpro, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time

How to extend the time so that the computer doesn't go to sleep mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Select Change Plan settings under the preferred plan
      which you have selected.
    • Under Put the Computer to Sleep, select the time
      to extend or Select Never to keep the PC active.
    • Click Save Changes and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time

1. Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time - Similar Threads - Various BSODs Fine

2. Back Up first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back Up first time: hiusing win 10 going to back up on an external HD 500GWhat I expect and is this possible?1. I would like to do a whole and complete back up.2. Have access to all the files on the external, if needed; as if I was looking at an external drive with the ability to c/p any file.3....
  3. Back Up first time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back Up first time: hiusing win 10 going to back up on an external HD 500GWhat I expect and is this possible?1. I would like to do a whole and complete back up.2. Have access to all the files on the external, if needed; as if I was looking at an external drive with the ability to c/p any file.3....
  4. BSOD CAME BACK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CAME BACK: Hi BSODS back so I dont know what to do, last night I remove Nvidia HD Audio because its causing bsod to my laptop and now its back, I used DDU multiple times tried different versions of GPU Drivers and still cant play. Mainly valorant and Genshin but i think 1650 ti works...
  5. BSOD CAME BACK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD CAME BACK: Hi BSODS back so I dont know what to do, last night I remove Nvidia HD Audio because its causing bsod to my laptop and now its back, I used DDU multiple times tried different versions of GPU Drivers and still cant play. Mainly valorant and Genshin but i think 1650 ti works...
  6. Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs Back to Back, then Fine for Extended Time: Hello,I have experienced a strange issue twice now this week. Two nights ago, I had wrapped up gaming for the night and was closing things down, when I got a BSOD. I believe the first one was reference_by_pointer. Then I received a bunch back to back, whether I was doing a...
  7. Back-to-back Nonstop BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Back-to-back Nonstop BSODs: Has anyone else been experiencing a constant storm of BSODs recently? (The last two days or so?) Two days ago, I couldn't sleep, so I woke up in the middle of the night, and turned on my computer thinking I'd just watch stuff until I fell asleep again. I instantly BSOD....
  8. Power State Failure - Coming back in intervals after bootup one time fine, one time BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power State Failure - Coming back in intervals after bootup one time fine, one time BSOD: Hi! I've tried to update drivers, run different system checks, but i'm not able to fix this recurring BSOD Power State Failure error. This is my minidump: https://gofile.io/?c=4uHPAA Anyone can give me a hand and lead to the solution to fix this? Thanks!! Patrick...
  9. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  10. C drive space reallocated long time ago and can't extend back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive space reallocated long time ago and can't extend back?: so, I shrank my c drive almost 2 years ago to seperate my projects and my normal stuff but when I tried to format the new volume and extend the c volume to fill up the space, it doesn't give me the option to extend the c volume, can anyone help? 82711