Windows 10: Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Discus and support Various BSODs/crashes at random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sacrale, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Sacrale Win User

Various BSODs/crashes at random times

I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind.
    The most common BSODs are UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but I've had different ones appear in the past.
    I've been having these issues with my PC ever since I built it 9 months ago.
    I have tried solving this many different times, but I never managed to get this PC working properly. I have already gone through following troubleshooting steps:

• Tested my CPU with stress tests and Intel's "Processor Diagnostic Tool". PC crashed a few times so I replaced the CPU.
    • Stress tested the GPU (monitored temps, always below 80C at full load)
    • Tested both RAM sticks, separately and together, for 12 hours each with memtest86 (no errors)
    • Replaced the motherboard
    • Replaced the power supply
    • Removed all components apart from the essentials (CPU, MB, RAM, GPU, PSU, SSD)
    • Fully formatted all drives and reinstalled Win10 multiple times.
    • Ran Driver Verifier on a fresh install with only Microsoft drivers selected. This led to my PC locking up and not starting. Whenever it booted up after that, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION popped up and afterwards it said "Windows couldn't load correctly". The only way to get the PC working again from that point was to do a system restore. (I did this multiple times, it yielded the same result every time)

After all these attempts my PC is still crashing regularly and I'm out of things to try. I don't plan on replacing any more parts myself, and the place where I bought all the components isn't answering my RMA requests.
    I have attached the DM log and a screenshot of my specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Sacrale, Dec 7, 2016

2. Random BSODs at various situations

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps given below:

Step 1:

This issue may occur either due to corrupt display driver or if BIOS is not up to date.

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall display driver and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys together and click device manager.

b. Click to expand display adapters.

c. Right click the adapter and click uninstall.

You may need to restart the computer afterwards.

Now, you may reinstall the latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Step2:

I suggest you to refer the answers provided by Meghmala, from the following link and check if it helps.

Blue screen with this error code: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, STOP: 0x0000007A

Also refer the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 7, 2016
  3. 4iba Win User
    Random BSODs at various situations

Hello.

For the past 2 month my pc gets a blue screen when i watch movies/run some graphic applications or even when serfing the internet. And it gives me various error codes. Mostly its "System service exception error", "faulty corrupt page" and some "kernel error".
    As it seems from minidump's, the problem is either in my RAM stick or hard drive. So i'd like to be sure which part needs to be replaced. Could you help me with that please? I've attached link on minidumps zip archive for the last 2 days on google drive.

dumps.zip

Thanks in advance!

4iba, Dec 7, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Sadly the dumpfiles are not really helpful.
    Maybe the remarks below give you any clues/help.

In some dumpfiles the procesname is leaque of legends and batlle.net hel.

According to your drivermodules these drivers are outdated
    e1d65x64 Thu Aug 13 11:14:29 2015
    Driver Description: Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver
    Driver Update Site: Drivers & Software

lgcoretemp Tue Jun 09 18:52:10 2015 = Logitech gaming software

RTKVHD64 Tue Jun 23 13:26:04 2015 = Realtek high definition audio function driver

According to your troubleshooting list you did not test your Harddiscs.

lifetec, Dec 8, 2016
  5. Sacrale Win User
    I haven't actually tested the hard drives. However, I have tried running the PC with just the SSD plugged in, but that didn't help either.

Can you recommend any tools for testing the drives (especially the SSD)?

Sacrale, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Various BSODs/crashes at random times - Similar Threads - Various BSODs crashes

2. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crash at random time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crash at random time: I have a trouble in my laptop, that is always crashing at random times, at first I thought it was my SSD at faulty or my windows is corrupted, so the first thing I had to do was reinstalling my windows without changing any hardware related, and it still has that problem...
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crash at random time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crash at random time: I have a trouble in my laptop, that is always crashing at random times, at first I thought it was my SSD at faulty or my windows is corrupted, so the first thing I had to do was reinstalling my windows without changing any hardware related, and it still has that problem...
  4. System crash with various BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System crash with various BSOD: Hi allSorry for the format but this is the first time I post here as I am starting to run out of options with my system crash.Started around two days ago, and my desktop will crash randomly. Sometimes it crashed when I was away from the computer, and other times it will crash...
  5. Various BSOD's occuring randomly

Various BSOD's occuring randomly: Hi, I've bought brand new PC and started having random BSOD's while using PC or just when idling on desktop. I've tried to use Windows Memory Diagnostic, also ran commands /scannow and such in CMD because I read it in so many other topics regarding BSOD. I've had trouble...
  6. Random BSODs - Various errors

Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  7. Various BSODs and crashes

Various BSODs and crashes: Yesterday I cleaned out my PC and reorganized some of my hardware moved hard drives, added two RAM sticks that I had laying around, moved cooler to a more convenient location. However, after doing so I started experiencing multiple crashes and BSODs while using my PC. The...
  8. BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times: I've been through the ringer on this one. For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or even allow me to repair. I reinstalled Windows and starting getting random BSODs. I then performed about two days of...
  9. BSOD at random times + regular crashes

BSOD at random times + regular crashes: I have attached the debug folder, I am getting these BSOD's and I cannot seem to pull a pattern from when they are occurring. Any help appreciated 18895
  10. Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time: My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can survive 5 hours without single BSOD.. The displayed BSOD cause are also random sometime it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or...