Windows 10: Various BSODs in the last couple days

Discus and support Various BSODs in the last couple days in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I recently built a new pc which has been working fine for about two weeks. The last three days I have experienced 5 bsod, and only two of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AntimT, Feb 22, 2017.

1. AntimT Win User

Various BSODs in the last couple days

Hello!

I recently built a new pc which has been working fine for about two weeks. The last three days I have experienced 5 bsod, and only two of them were the same. Also, all but one seem to have to do with some system file, like tcpip.sys.
    After the last bsod, whenever I opened firefox it would crash instantly (or within a couple minutes). I have quite a lot of tabs open, so it tends to use a significant proportion of RAM (as a consideration, I don't know if this means anything??).

I have not overclocked anything (just used the XMP profile for my RAM).

I hope that someone can find something helpful in the dump files.
    Thank you in advance!

:)

AntimT, Feb 22, 2017

2. In the last couple of days a picture appears on the desk-top in the right hand corner it says "Like" etc. How do I stop this happening as it is very annoying?

Hi David,

Thank you your prompt response.

I recommend you to Run the SFC scan and check.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 22, 2017
  3. In the last couple of days a picture appears on the desk-top in the right hand corner it says "Like" etc. How do I stop this happening as it is very annoying?

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

From the description it appears that that is a pop-up which is appearing on the desktop screen and this may occur if you have installed any third party application or software.

1) Does this picture appear at the notification area at the bottom right of the scree?

2) Have you installed any third party application or software onto the computer?

I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot state and check.

Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Step 3 from the link to start the computer to
    Normal startup mode.

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 22, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

One of the dumpfile mentioned
    Code: BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, b16, 1ff0000, ffff84819b9d6000} Probably caused by : hardware ( REGION_PAGED_OUT ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 0: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error. Arguments: Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page Arg2: 0000000000000b16, physical page number Arg3: 0000000001ff0000, zero Arg4: ffff84819b9d6000, zero[/quote] Start with testing your memory.

Please start with diagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+" to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest"
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Tutorials
    Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test. Otherwise continue the test for 8-10 passes and post a screenshot with next reply. 8 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will give better result.

lifetec, Feb 23, 2017
  5. AntimT Win User
    Thank you very much for the quick reply!

I left memtest overnight. In the morning during the 5th pass there were already over 100000 errors so I stopped it. My concern is, could so many errors be just from faulty RAM?

AntimT, Feb 23, 2017
  6. lifetec Win User
    This certainly means there are problems with your memory, but now you have to test if it is your Module(s) or Slot(s) of your Mobo.
    How to do this extended testing, see the endpart of this tutorial MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums.

lifetec, Feb 23, 2017
  7. AntimT Win User
    Do I need 8 passes in each DIMM slot if no errors occur? Or 1-2 can verify if the slot is good?

AntimT, Feb 23, 2017
  8. lifetec Win User

It could take 8 passes but i suspect that the errors will happen earlier.

lifetec, Feb 23, 2017
  9. AntimT Win User
    Okay, thank you. I run 4 passes with one stick with no errors, and now the same stick on the 3rd pass in the other slot previously occupied has no errors. That would indicate the mobo is fine? I am going to test the other RAM module later for certainty.

AntimT, Feb 23, 2017
  10. AntimT Win User
    The other RAM module had 600 errors within 30 seconds of testing, in the slot the first one did five passes with no errors. So it's safe to assume that mobo is fine and one stick faulty?

AntimT, Feb 23, 2017
  11. lifetec Win User
    Yes, that would also be my conclusion.
    Next step is request a RMA.
    Was the memory bought as a Kit or 2 single modules.
    If you bought it as a kit (with Overclocking your system in mind etc.) you could ask a RMA for both modules.
    Else only for the faulty one.

lifetec, Feb 23, 2017
  12. AntimT Win User
    Okay, thank you very much for all the help!
    I bought them as a kit and I'll request an RMA for both.
    I've been using the pc with only the good module without further crashes, so I'm going to go ahead and mark this as solved.

AntimT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Various BSODs in the last couple days - Similar Threads - Various BSODs last

2. BSOD every couple of days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every couple of days: I am experiencing BSOD every other day. Cannot figure it out what is it related to? The whole laptop was checked with Lenovo Test run from BIOS for any failures but it came back clean. This is my latest minidump. Maybe someone can help?************* Preparing the environment...
  3. BSOD every couple of days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every couple of days: I am experiencing BSOD every other day. Cannot figure it out what is it related to? The whole laptop was checked with Lenovo Test run from BIOS for any failures but it came back clean. This is my latest minidump. Maybe someone can help?************* Preparing the environment...
  4. My Laptop Is Feeling Weird The Last Couple of days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Is Feeling Weird The Last Couple of days.: So, my laptop Was Just, Normal in the Last Couple of days.But now it feels weird, Sometimes the screen Goes black, but I still hear Noise.a lot of my games Crash on Startup / Don't Work anymore.My Laptop. Is Lagging AlotAnd I Never Downloaded Something,I scanned With...
  5. Couple of BSODs in the last day. No clear idea how to proceed. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...

Couple of BSODs in the last day. No clear idea how to proceed. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...: So this is my daughters' box. A hand-me-down as the base from a friend of mine with a couple of upgrades. i5-2500k ASrock p67 pro3 4x4GB DDR3 1333 Geforce GTX 980 2 SSDs 256 GB, one of them completely new, second at 91% health. There have been BSODs in the past. I got...
  6. I keep getting different bsod the last couple of days.

I keep getting different bsod the last couple of days.: Hello everyone, I was getting a few bsod recently while plalying or just watching youtube or twitch. I made a dropbox link with the copy of my minidump folder of windows. I hope this would help maybe Link:...
  7. BSOD failures a couple times a day

BSOD failures a couple times a day: Its not happening often, and I did not realize it because it was mostly happening overnight. I noticed my pc was restarted when I woke up in the morningI keep it on most nights. But is been crashing periodically. The last few days it crashed twice while I was using it and...
  8. Having BSODs in the last couple of days, with KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION and scvhost.exe...

Having BSODs in the last couple of days, with KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION and scvhost.exe...: Here is my .dmp. I'm guessing it's because of a headset or something like that but please help https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlKVY9zgla4lggLHvXaJpggaZOfc?e=ee2wSD...
  9. BSOD multiple times a day for the last couple of months

BSOD multiple times a day for the last couple of months: I'm getting a BSOD, usually with the stopcode IRQL Not Less or Equal, a couple of times a day, usually after working for a few hours. I'm often doing heavy tasks so this might be part of it. I have used the verifier to create a minidump, saved to OneDrive -...
  10. Several different BSOD last couple of days, primarly when playing Pubg

Several different BSOD last couple of days, primarly when playing Pubg: Hi! Ive had quite a couple of BSOD:s since monday, mainly when playing PUBG but also when just idling. I have tried to update as many drivers as i can, but i still get the BSOD. I also tried to change the memory-positions in the motherboard but it didnt seem to help....