Windows 10: Various BSODs on Surface Book 3 all on same address on ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support Various BSODs on Surface Book 3 all on same address on ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I got this Surface Book 3 about a month ago and it was working flawlessly until about two weeks ago and I started getting blue screens, off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasorYEH, Sep 8, 2020.

1. JasorYEH Win User

Various BSODs on Surface Book 3 all on same address on ntoskrnl.exe

Hello, I got this Surface Book 3 about a month ago and it was working flawlessly until about two weeks ago and I started getting blue screens, off the top of my head I remember seeing SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR repeatedly, has gone away, then IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL once only, and today I got PFN_LIST_CORRUPT in the middle of doing some light development.

What I've done since I purchased this device:

- Enrolled in Windows 10 Insider Beta Channel for WSL 2, then disenrolled doesn't appear that I am still currently enrolled for some time now

- Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for Hyper-V VMs

The BSOD minidumps I have uploaded to a Google Drive folder in case it is needed: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z3dLA4WQDGAFn4V1mtzRYY_KOn_lx9CL?usp=sharing

The crashes don't appear to consistently occur except they all happen around 11 AM and occasionally PM Pacific Time according to Blue Screen View.

Blue screen view tells me the "Caused By Address" for all of the crashes even with different messages are at `ntoskrnl.exe+3ddf40`.

Further, looking around I've tried using TDSSKILLER from Kaspersky and that appears to consistently cause a BSOD crash before the program finishes starting up still see progress bar in small Window, I get a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD when starting it up.

I have tried:
    - sfc

- DISM

- chkdsk

- Windows Memory Test

I have not yet had this happen to me when the system is under load on the occasion that I play a game like CSGO.

In-place upgrades have failed because my system version appears to be above any current installation images currently available, attempts at to use insider ISOs also tell me the version is incompatible and booting the media does not appear to work either because it's not UEFI compatible or because the images may not be allowed through the Secure Boot with third-party setting. Images from the media creation tool booted when created directly or through Rufus which is what I used to write the image to my USB drive, problem may be due to different filesystem types in insider and stable isos NTFS vs FAT according to Rufus.

:)

JasorYEH, Sep 8, 2020
  2. LewisH95 Win User

Ntoskrnl BSOD

• Update your Realtek audio driver.
    • Update your computer.
    • Disable overclocking settings.
    • Turn off BlueStacks/ another Android emulator.
    • Clean your registry.
    • Check your disk for errors.
    • Fix bad memory issues.
    • Remove faulty sticks of RAM.
    • I hope these methods help you!
    • Regards,
    • Lewis

* Added by Moderator: Information from
      https://windowsreport.com/windows-8-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe/

* Moderator note: Advice given on this page might or might not be safe and/or effective but there are programs usually classified as PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) being pushed that should not be downloaded or installed.

LewisH95, Sep 8, 2020
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

Hi, KirbyBakken

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ntoskrnl-exe-hig...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

Source: September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3 Surface

Brink, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Various BSODs on Surface Book 3 all on same address on ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - Various BSODs Surface

2. 22H2 and Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 and Surface Book 3: I have a Surface Book 3 running Windows 11 Pro. I have not been able to get a major update since 21H2. Is there a way to force the 22H2 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-and-surface-book-3/02336010-c0e0-47b5-87d5-3f4c91afee53
  3. 22H2 and Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 and Surface Book 3: I have a Surface Book 3 running Windows 11 Pro. I have not been able to get a major update since 21H2. Is there a way to force the 22H2 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-and-surface-book-3/02336010-c0e0-47b5-87d5-3f4c91afee53
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. Surface Book 3 ICC Profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 3 ICC Profiles: Can someone tell me where I can get the ICC color profiles for Surface Book 3? I have both a 13.5" and a 15". The 15" has them, but the 13.5" does not. Here is what I see for the 15": [IMG] Those profiles are not available on the 13.5", not even listed under All...
  6. Detach error with Surface book 3

Detach error with Surface book 3: I just updated my Surface Book 3 with the May 2020 update 2004 and after that every time I click on the detach screen button I receive this error that I should close these apps before detaching. The problem is that the app it wants me to close areall Microsoft preinstalled...
  7. Surface book 3 Bluetooth

Surface book 3 Bluetooth: My sb3 is having issues with not being "connected" to several bluetooth devices inlcuding the surface pen. The top button will not work but bluetooth settings says "paired" not "connected". This is a common issue byt i have nit been able to find a solution. This issue plus my...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. BSOD various ntoskrnl

BSOD various ntoskrnl: Hi guys! Made a fresh Win10 install with just basic software (Like whocrashed) I have tried using the Guru3Ds tool to remove all traces of old video card drivers and installed the newest ones without any extra software or bloatware. Have ran Memtest for 24 hours without a...