Windows 10: Various BSODs starting beginning of december on Acer laptop

Discus and support Various BSODs starting beginning of december on Acer laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The first bsod I got was on the 10th IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod pink color at boot up. The second one I got was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bsod... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikee286, Dec 14, 2018.

1. mikee286 Win User

Various BSODs starting beginning of december on Acer laptop

The first bsod I got was on the 10th IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod pink color at boot up.

The second one I got was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bsod ndis.sys wdiwifi.sys wdiwifi.sys+b5ba fffff800`f28e0000 fffff800`f29ac000 0x000cc000 0xd0815a78 11/6/2080

And today I got another BSOD while the computer was idling while I was away at work. This is what WhoCrashed says about today's BSOD

On Fri 12/14/2018 11:08:34 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121418-8000-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B1B40)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801492FDC39, 0xFFFFE500640EED50, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

For some reason windows is deleting BSOD dump files and only hanging onto one. This is my setting for how to handle memory dumps .

Various BSODs starting beginning of december on Acer laptop [​IMG]

Of course here is my dm collector file it will probably only reflect the most recent bsod

:)

mikee286, Dec 14, 2018
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. Christmas acer laptop

If you prefer, you still can revert it back using the factory restore procedure, there's a hotkey on every new acer laptop/PC. just my two cents

Thefumigator, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Hkcuong Win User

Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: Intel® Product Specifications
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: Intel® Product Specifications

Hkcuong, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Various BSODs starting beginning of december on Acer laptop - Similar Threads - Various BSODs starting

2. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs: I've been getting mostly Clock Watchdog Timeout and Machine Thread Exception stop errors, this happened to be a system thread exception not handled. I'm really not sure what's going on. I reinstalled Windows, have updated all my drivers, looked on forums, etc. The PC boots...
  3. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs: I've been getting mostly Clock Watchdog Timeout and Machine Thread Exception stop errors, this happened to be a system thread exception not handled. I'm really not sure what's going on. I reinstalled Windows, have updated all my drivers, looked on forums, etc. The PC boots...
  4. Acer aspire 3 won’t begin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire 3 won’t begin: I purchased an acer aspire 3 today and it will not go past the pin set up page. The laptop is brand new, so it’s asked me country, keyboard set up, etc. I log into my windows outlook to be met with “Because you didn’t use a password” which I did I have to create a windows...
  5. Acer aspire 3 won’t begin

Acer aspire 3 won’t begin: I purchased an acer aspire 3 today and it will not go past the pin set up page. The laptop is brand new, so it’s asked me country, keyboard set up, etc. I log into my windows outlook to be met with “Because you didn’t use a password” which I did I have to create a windows...
  6. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs: Hello, I've been getting a few different blue screens at random times most common while doing nothing on the desktop. Most of my other blue screens are caused by the newly released Halo Infinite and it disagreeing with something, but this one I can't figure out.I've recently...
  7. Various BSODs

Various BSODs: Hello, I've been getting a few different blue screens at random times most common while doing nothing on the desktop. Most of my other blue screens are caused by the newly released Halo Infinite and it disagreeing with something, but this one I can't figure out.I've recently...
  8. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Various BSODs

Various BSODs: Hello,I am using an Asus Tuf Laptop and for the second time already, I am experiencing multiple types of BSOD error codes.I say for the second time because I've already brought my laptop once for repair for the same reason.The crashes seem to happen whenever I perform an...
  10. Various BSOD

Various BSOD: I thought my BSOD troubles were behind me. No BSOD for a few weeks and now out of the blue they are starting again. The only new piece of hardware I installed was an add on USB expansion like 4 weeks ago and recently I used a multiport 5 in 1 USB reader. I'll post the...