Windows 10: Various Event Viewer Errors Including Task Scheduler Stopping

Discus and support Various Event Viewer Errors Including Task Scheduler Stopping in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Windows 10, version 20H2 This continues from this thread: Task Scheduler Stops Running where the Task Scheduler was stopping regularly. Indeed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otronics, Jan 19, 2021.

1. otronics Win User

Various Event Viewer Errors Including Task Scheduler Stopping

Using Windows 10, version 20H2

This continues from this thread: Task Scheduler Stops Running where the Task Scheduler was stopping regularly.

Indeed, the Task Scheduler is stopping again and there are other errors showing in Event Viewer.

The system auto restarts via a batch file command once a day and these errors often appear once rebooted:

Code:
    Code:
    Code:
    This error also appears randomly every few days but never after a restart:

Code:
    I've run chkdsk and sfc /scannow various times and they sometimes fix errors, sometimes they find none.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth reports no issues.

I am using a Samsung EVO SSD which is only 5 months old.

Samsung Magician, HDDTune and SeaTools find no issues with the drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

:)

otronics, Jan 19, 2021

2. Event Viewer Error.

Hi Janeane,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to report that restarting the Software Protection service did not resolve the problem.

Looking at:

Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application

The error still appears at least every 30 seconds.

Looking at:

Computer Management > Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > SoftwareProtectionPlatform

The page contains no folders or content.

Kind Regards,

JustAStrangeGeek, Jan 19, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Task Scheduler Error

Can you go to event viewer and showed the events for task scheduler.

To do this right click start button and select event viewer and open it.

Expand Applications and Service logs

Expand Microsoft

Expand Windows

Expand Task Scheduler

Under Operational see if you can find any warnings errors and reply to us to let us know what they are please.

SarahKong, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Various Event Viewer Errors Including Task Scheduler Stopping

Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

Hi Beaupeep.

You may want to check and see if the latest windows update (KB3087916) has resolved your "Timezone" task scheduler bug. It does seem that it has for me.

However I am still seeing Software Protection Services errors in my event log.

Edit:

I have now resolved the Software Protection Services errors within the event viewer by following the procedure as listed as "Answer" on this page.

Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-01-10T10:42:29Z. Error Code: 0x80041318.

The corrupted task being: SvcRestartTask within SoftwareProtectionPlatform

After this procedure and a reboot the event viewer now shows; Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2115-07-19T05:58:20Z. Reason: RulesEngine. (Information level log)

Problem resolved.

Good luck.

Elecrafter, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Various Event Viewer Errors Including Task Scheduler Stopping

1. Various Event Viewer Errors Including Task Scheduler Stopping - Similar Threads - Various Event Viewer

2. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler event when program start/stop: Hi, I want to know how I can start a powershell script every time a windows program is launched/stopped for all programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-event-when-program-startstop/14d3a7f3-c2c3-4512-920e-09c744312104
  3. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler event when program start/stop: Hi, I want to know how I can start a powershell script every time a windows program is launched/stopped for all programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-event-when-program-startstop/14d3a7f3-c2c3-4512-920e-09c744312104
  4. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event Viewer to include the HDD SN in event logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer to include the HDD SN in event logging: Hi! Ima use event viewer as a logsource, but sometimes it will happen that I will need to switch the HDD with other laptops (drivers will be included so I can run the HDD on every laptop). But the goal is that even though i switch laptop i want to see the HDD SN in the event...
  6. Which context menu item broke my task scheduler & event viewer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which context menu item broke my task scheduler & event viewer?: I get a "mmc could not load snap-in" error for those after using Windows 10 Manager's Context Menu manager to clean up my context menu. I disabled about a dozen items and didnt notice it broke anything until after a restart. I tried to backtrack my steps and had little...
  7. Various Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Event Viewer Errors: Hi I have 3 event viewer errors which I'd like to see if we can resolve between us. I like to have a clean system if at all possible. 1. Error 1000 Faulting application name: wmiprvse.exe, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x57899ab2Faulting module name:...
  8. Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?: Could someone make the "Clear All Event Viewer Logs using a BAT file" self starting such as making it run automatically on a daily basis or show me what code I would need to add to it to do that for me. I would just love to clear out the 10016s and 7031s codes daily. Thanks...
  9. Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  10. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494