Windows 10: Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

Discus and support Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I hope I've posted this in the correct channel. Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YanAndrew, Jun 19, 2016.

1. YanAndrew Win User

Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

Hi Guys,

I hope I've posted this in the correct channel.

Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry editor. I stupidly removed them without copying them down whilst customising their icons. For example, Control Panel has the following CLSID and Default Icon Value Data:

Control Panel 5399E694-6CE5-4D6C-8FCE-1D8870FDCBA0 %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-27

The folders in question are:

Folders CLSID Default Icon's Value Data
    Desktop folder {B4BFCC3A-DB2C-424C-B029-7FE99A87C641}
    Documents folder {A8CDFF1C-4878-43be-B5FD-F8091C1C60D0}
    Downloads folder {374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}
    Pictures folder {3ADD1653-EB32-4cb0-BBD7-DFA0ABB5ACCA}
    Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,
    Andrew

:)

YanAndrew, Jun 19, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Moved the Vidoes folder in the wrong location

Hi Vessko, we will need to edit the Registry to fix this . . .

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor

Navigate to this Key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

On the right hand side, double click 'My Video'

Set Value Data to (copy and paste this):

%USERPROFILE%\Videos

Click OK, and close the Registry Editor

Restart your PC

Your videos folder will be back in its default location - C:\Users\MyUsername\Videos

That's It!

DaveM121, Jun 19, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    NumLock

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit enter

This will open the Registry Editor

Navigate to this key (folder) on the left:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

In the right habd pane find InitialKeyboardIndicators

Double click that

Set its value to 80000002

Save and Exit the Registry Editor

Restart your System

If after a restart your Numlock key is not enabled, set that registry value to: 2147483650

DaveM121, Jun 19, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Default icon for the first 3 in the order of your list from my Win10 Pro 64-bit:

%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-112

%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-184

The 4th is giving my regedit fits, have to look into that.

EDIT: cleaned up my Registry and here is the 4th item:

%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-113

Berton, Jun 19, 2016
  5. YanAndrew Win User
    Hello Berton,

Thank you very much.

Really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Jun 20, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    You're welcome, glad to have helped.

Berton, Jun 20, 2016
  7. YanAndrew Win User
    Hey Berton,

Any chance you can help me out with two more:

Quick Access {679f85cb-0220-4080-b29b-5540cc05aab6}

My Documents {450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}
    I have the same system specs as your machine (Windows 10 64-bit).

Thank you, Berton.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor - Similar Threads - Various Folders' Default

2. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the default registry values for this...: registy key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-registry-values-for-this/bd0e20ef-6d40-47b9-a13f-a63e75207f14
  3. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  4. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  5. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  7. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  8. Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor: So, I bought my pc a few weeks ago and I recently realized windows isn't updating itself. I looked up in services and found "wuauserv" to disabled. I tried to start the Windows Update Service from there but it stops itself after starting. Then, I ran Registry Editor as...
  9. Registry Editor Values are not getting listed

Registry Editor Values are not getting listed: Hello, I wanted to read the registry values for example VisualFXSetting,But in the registry editor it is not visible image attached for reference. I have to run my read application in both admin and non admin rights Machines,Kindly help me is there any other way to read...
  10. Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon

Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon: Hi there, I wanted to customize my text file icon, by replacing it with an icon I created. The registry change was successful. My custom made icon has now replaced the default icon. However, I mistakenly forgot to make note of, or export the registry file default value....