Windows 10: Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

Discus and support Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use my headphones whenever I use my laptop, and the headphones aren't causing this problem (I tried them on my phone and other computers). I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lightly, Aug 9, 2020.

1. lightly Win User

Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

I use my headphones whenever I use my laptop, and the headphones aren't causing this problem (I tried them on my phone and other computers). I have laptop that, for some reason, plays high-pitched ringing after a sound is played (like a video or notification) and the ringing won't stop until another sound is played. The ringing doesn't happen when a sound is played, just after. This only occurs when I use the audio jack, so I've been using a USB-to-audio jack adaptor for the past few months to escape the ringing. The ringing varies in tone, but it's always high-pitched. Here's a crude example *Huh

eeeeeeeeeee *notification sound* EEEEEEEEEEEE *music plays* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *silent moment in a movie* EEEEEEEEEEEE

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Again, it's just the audio jack. If I use an adapter to use my headphones, there's no ringing. The drivers are all up to date. The audio driver is the Synaptics Audio from Microsoft (version 10.0.18362.1). There's also a program called SmartAudio 3 installed

Laptop: Acer Swift SF514-54T
    Windows 10 Version 1909

:)

lightly, Aug 9, 2020

2. high pitch noise through car stereo on bluetooth

when listening to music (that's saved to my phone) I get a high pitch sound in the background. It's pretty soft but if you turn the volume up you notice it more. When I change tracks the high pitch noise turns off until the next track starts playing.
    This is a consistent high pitch noise...it will happen if the car is in park or if I'm driving down the freeway. It's not that alternator noise where the sound goes high and low when you press the gas pedal. does anyone know what causes this? I never had
    this noise when I had my Samsung Focus WP7. I have a Nokia 920 and 2011 Scion w/stock stereo system.

dexterous1, Aug 9, 2020
  3. LShiang Win User
    High pitched noise in CPU area

I have stumble upon high pitch noise issue when using Miracast to mirror screen to Roku stick. The following noise cancellation setup for RealTek sound card resolves the high pitch noise after installing an second audio outlet. It might be helpful for
    other people.

Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played e2f5bf8b-37dc-412a-892c-f9f30d25860e.png

LShiang, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

High pitch noise when audio is activated.

I have external usb audio interface (RME Fireface UCX). I have my speakers connected to it.

Whenever i play music or video (volume at 0%, otherwise i would not hear it) the speakers make this high pitched noise. When i stop the audio (or youtube video), after about 10 seconds the noise stops with barely audible "beep" in the end. Like something
    from electronics is "bleeding" through.

Just discovered, when i close the tab, the noise stops after 1 sec. It also happens when windows sounds play. (or when i hit "test" button when selecting windows sounds in control panel) After 1 sec, the "beep" and it quiets down.

My volume control does not affect the noise volume.

The same setup/pc is quiet with another operating system. (osx)

No noise in the headphones.

toores vaev, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

1. Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played - Similar Threads - Various high pitched

2. Extremely loud high pitched noise/squeak when noise starts playing in earphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely loud high pitched noise/squeak when noise starts playing in earphones: When I use my earphones during normal computer use, sometimes when a notification plays, or when a game/video starts making sound, an extremely loud and high pitched noise plays for an instant. It doesn't happen all the time, however it has started to happen again recently...
  3. Extremely loud high pitched noise/squeak when noise starts playing in earphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely loud high pitched noise/squeak when noise starts playing in earphones: When I use my earphones during normal computer use, sometimes when a notification plays, or when a game/video starts making sound, an extremely loud and high pitched noise plays for an instant. It doesn't happen all the time, however it has started to happen again recently...
  4. High pitched ringing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High pitched ringing audio: My redstorm USB headphones keep making high pitched usually with a little shift in tone ringing sounds that fade in an out every second to minute. It also seems to be present when I'm not wearing headphones but it's so faint I can't tell. I've restarted my laptop multiple...
  5. High pitched ringing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High pitched ringing audio: My redstorm USB headphones keep making high pitched usually with a little shift in tone ringing sounds that fade in an out every second to minute. It also seems to be present when I'm not wearing headphones but it's so faint I can't tell. I've restarted my laptop multiple...
  6. High Pitched Noise from Headset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    High Pitched Noise from Headset: Hello,I am having problems with a high pitched sound coming from my headset whenever I start my windows laptop. It just recently started happening, but when there is a bluetooth device connected, it works normally. My headset also works when connected to other devices and...
  7. High Pitched Squeal When Playing Back Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High Pitched Squeal When Playing Back Sound: Getting a high-pitched squeal when playing back audio recorded from a USB microphone. It appears in Skype and Voice Recorder. Thought is was the headphones but it's there when playing back through pc speakers too....
  8. high pitching noises

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    high pitching noises: When i was opening a powerpoint for school reasons I had youtube turned on aswell, my computer started making a high pitched noise. When I lower the volume nothing happens. When I turn on the laptop, the noise isn't there but as soon as i open youtube or zoom it starts making...
  9. Realtek High Definition Audio High Pitched noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek High Definition Audio High Pitched noise: There's a loud high pitched noise coming from the microphone that nobody can hear what I say. The troubleshooter cannot pick it up. When I use my ear buds, the microphone works. When I take it out, there's just static and my voice is not heard. This problem comes and goes...
  10. High Pitched Screching Noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Pitched Screching Noise: My pc is making a high pitched screeching noise and I can't make it stop without muting the volume. It doesn't start until I increase the volume to 100%. In the meantime, I can hear my hitting keystrokes or tapping on the pc echoing back through the speakers. How do I make it...