Windows 10: Various Issues

Discus and support Various Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am having quite a bit of trouble with various things and I am not too sure how to proceed. An overview of my situation: - Unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aMcCrary64, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Various Issues

Hello,

I am having quite a bit of trouble with various things and I am not too sure how to proceed. An overview of my situation:

- Unable to check for updates within the settings app. I am given an error code when I try to check 0x80080005.

- When I click on "Advanced options" or "View update history" the settings app crashes.

- The troubleshooter for Windows updates hangs at checking for pending restart. I have never let it go for more than about 30 minutes.

- I am unable to install apps in the Microsoft store. The install button is either grayed out or simply doesn't do anything, depending on the location. If I am able to manage it starting the download by waiting with a bit of luck if it initially doesn't do anything the download hangs at the Starting download phase with no progress.

- The Microsoft store is unable to detect my hardware Update your device to install this product.

- WSReset.exe hangs, I haven't let it run for more than 30 minutes.

I have spent a lot of time on the forms performing various solutions to the problems above. I have no idea if any of issues could be related. All troubleshooters I have run have come back with no errors BITS, Network adapter, Windows store apps, System Maintenance except the Windows update troubleshooter. I have run SFC and DISM scans, both came back without errors or any changes made. I originally had windows defender disabled, I enabled firewalls and virus protection, and performed everything over again. I attempted to manually reset BITS. I also restarted file explorer, ran disk cleanup, deleted the Windows store cache, as well as reset the store and settings apps through settings. I initially found the issues by attempting to install an app through the store, then one thing led to another looking through the forms and I found everything else.

Right now I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 build 18363.900. I think this is the latest release but I am not sure. The store version is 12006.1001.1.0, again I am not sure if it is the latest.

I hope one of you talented individuals can recommend a solution or solutions. Thanks in advance.

:)

aMcCrary64, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Various Issues

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Various Issues [​IMG]

Various Issues [​IMG]

Various Issues [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Various Issues

1. Various Issues - Similar Threads - Various Issues

2. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360: Hello,I'm experiencing an unusual problem with audio on my DELL XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10 Pro, affecting streaming apps such as Spotify, YouTube, and Zoom. Audio playback randomly ceases—songs continue to play without sound, and videos proceed silently. For a few months,...
  3. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360: Hello,I'm experiencing an unusual problem with audio on my DELL XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10 Pro, affecting streaming apps such as Spotify, YouTube, and Zoom. Audio playback randomly ceases—songs continue to play without sound, and videos proceed silently. For a few months,...
  4. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Various keyboard functions not functioning at times, how to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various keyboard functions not functioning at times, how to solve this issue?: Ive been experiencing issues with my keyboard lately, such as the shift shortcuts not working like parentheses, brackets and such. sometimes the fn keys dont work, screen brightness doesnt change. Sometimes the keyboard stops functioning entirely for a few minutes. Also...
  6. Various keyboard functions not functioning at times, how to solve this issue?

Various keyboard functions not functioning at times, how to solve this issue?: Ive been experiencing issues with my keyboard lately, such as the shift shortcuts not working like parentheses, brackets and such. sometimes the fn keys dont work, screen brightness doesnt change. Sometimes the keyboard stops functioning entirely for a few minutes. Also...
  7. BSoD issues, various different STOP codes

BSoD issues, various different STOP codes: I can't seem to find out what is going wrong, I've read on other forums that people need minidump files to help sort out the problem so I am attaching the zip folder and hoping someone here can help.I installed a PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD a week ago to replace my old one and it...
  8. BSoD issues, various different STOP codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD issues, various different STOP codes: I can't seem to find out what is going wrong, I've read on other forums that people need minidump files to help sort out the problem so I am attaching the zip folder and hoping someone here can help.I installed a PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD a week ago to replace my old one and it...
  9. Windows 10 crashing with various errors - how to determine possible hardware issues?

Windows 10 crashing with various errors - how to determine possible hardware issues?: I recently installed a new motherboard and CPU in my system and have had random errors since. Using Windows 10, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3803.The mobo is an older model, Aorus Master Z390, and I initially had TPM errors, but this happened with this mobo and another one...
  10. Windows 10 crashing with various errors - how to determine possible hardware issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashing with various errors - how to determine possible hardware issues?: I recently installed a new motherboard and CPU in my system and have had random errors since. Using Windows 10, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3803.The mobo is an older model, Aorus Master Z390, and I initially had TPM errors, but this happened with this mobo and another one...