Windows 10: Various Microsoft updates

Discus and support Various Microsoft updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have always been reluctant to accept updates, but did recently. As someone who has lost part of my vision and has sensitivities to certain lights and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Papa Turtle, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Various Microsoft updates

Have always been reluctant to accept updates, but did recently. As someone who has lost part of my vision and has sensitivities to certain lights and colors, I am now troubled that I have lost my dark-background screen, and the darkest now available through "Settings" is still much too light for me. Why, oh why?

:)

Papa Turtle, Mar 22, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Various Microsoft updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 22, 2020
  4. OSdevr Win User

Various Microsoft updates

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Various Microsoft updates

1. Various Microsoft updates - Similar Threads - Various Microsoft updates

2. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...
  3. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...
  4. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WINDOWS 11 UPDATES FAILING TO INSTALL VARIOUS UPDATES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 UPDATES FAILING TO INSTALL VARIOUS UPDATES: The following updates will not install on my ACER Aspire 3 bought 4 weeks ago.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.2022-11 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB50206222022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11...
  6. WINDOWS 11 UPDATES FAILING TO INSTALL VARIOUS UPDATES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 UPDATES FAILING TO INSTALL VARIOUS UPDATES: The following updates will not install on my ACER Aspire 3 bought 4 weeks ago.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.2022-11 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB50206222022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11...
  7. Various BSOD after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various BSOD after update: I have faced various BSOD after my computer has been updated to the newest version automatically, I have done the DISM but it doesn't work , need help on this . the minidump file : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a06tmmXYIsk6ferGc4QL2lJ1mw3ICkuN?usp=sharing...
  8. various apps stuck "updating"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    various apps stuck "updating": I keep trying to use mail and other apps but it pops up with "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." Or similar. Clicking the button to go to the store page opens the store page, which immediately crashes. Is there something I can update or is this a...
  9. Windows update not updating errors (various)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update not updating errors (various): 11/02/19 I am running Windows Pro v. 1607, build 14393, I have been trying to update to the latest windows version 1903 I can download, however, once it starts to install, it errors telling me installation failed. I've seen error source files not located. What is a way...
  10. Various Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Errors: Hi i am having so much errors idk what is going on with the computer. 1- The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is...