Windows 10: Various problems, including downloading and activation issues

Discus and support Various problems, including downloading and activation issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; About a month ago, I got 3 months free of Xbox Game Pass from Discord Nitro, and I went to download the Xbox app, but it didn't download. The installer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KeltonGilbert, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Various problems, including downloading and activation issues

About a month ago, I got 3 months free of Xbox Game Pass from Discord Nitro, and I went to download the Xbox app, but it didn't download. The installer just said "Making things awesome..." forever. I thought maybe I was downloading the wrong one and I went to download it from the Windows Store, but that didn't budge either.

I gave up and forgot about it, until a few weeks ago when I was looking around in the settings and noticed my computer hasn't updated in a while. I tried to update it, but it never did. It never found anything, and it would just go endlessly for a while until eventually I got error code 0x80080005. I looked up solutions and tried everything I could find and nothing works. I also tried the troubleshooter, but that didn't do anything either. I tried to fix the Microsoft Store problem by running WSreset.exe, but it's completely blank in the command prompt. I thought the problem was the antivirus, as one of the websites I checked said it could be, but that wasn't it either. I gave up again and figured I'll just live with it.

But today, when I went to check if it worked now, I saw that now it says that Windows just straight up ISN'T ACTIVATED. But here's the problem- I AM activated. I have been since I got the computer. And if I try to go to the activation settings to put my product key back in, the settings app just freezes. I have no idea what is causing this.

Another thing, I got an idea that it could be a problem with a setting on my internet modem that I changed not too long ago, but it wasn't that either. However, when I was looking around the settings, I saw that on the IPv4 Firewall settings, Traffic In was turned OFF for Windows Messaging and Windows Service. I don't know what this could mean, but I would like to know.

:)

KeltonGilbert, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 28, 2020
  3. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Various problems, including downloading and activation issues

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Various problems, including downloading and activation issues

1. Various problems, including downloading and activation issues - Similar Threads - Various problems including

2. Realtek Issues on Download and Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Issues on Download and Activation: Hello,I am trying to install and use Realtek Audio Drivers for my pc. I have tried so many options and times, I have downloaded it several times yet every time it wont work or be used as my audio device. Every time I download Realtek drivers the whole installation program...
  3. Realtek Issues on Download and Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Issues on Download and Activation: Hello,I am trying to install and use Realtek Audio Drivers for my pc. I have tried so many options and times, I have downloaded it several times yet every time it wont work or be used as my audio device. Every time I download Realtek drivers the whole installation program...
  4. Realtek Issues on Download and Activation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Various issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Various issues: I'm having several issues out of my computer on the Win 10 Home 64 bit version. On startup, frequently none of the shortcuts for the apps I keep on my taskbar will pull up, start menu will not pull up, anything pertaining to Windows or Microsoft will not pull up, I.E. Apps,...
  6. Problems with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 in a semi custom build. Various issues including App,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 in a semi custom build. Various issues including App,...: I just recently completed a custom build using a Dell 630i 0PP150 motherboard as the basis. It is in a Rosewill case, has an Intel QX9650, 8GB of Kingston HyperX 1066mhz RAM, an ASUS GTX 770 video card, Creative Sound Blaster G5, and a Crucial MX500 SSD. All of these...
  7. Various BSODs including MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, amdkmdag, etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSODs including MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, amdkmdag, etc: Hello all, I recently built a new PC with the following specs: 1. Ryzen 2600X 2. 5500 XT 3. MSI B450 Gaming Plus AC itx And I've experience various different crashes and other system instability issues. Symptoms include also for any future poor souls trying to Google:...
  8. Various Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various Issues: Hello, I am having quite a bit of trouble with various things and I am not too sure how to proceed. An overview of my situation: - Unable to check for updates within the settings app. I am given an error code when I try to check 0x80080005. - When I click on "Advanced...
  9. Various keyboard issues (Not a problem with keyboard)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Various keyboard issues (Not a problem with keyboard): I have some problems with my keyboard. I know that this not an issue with the keyboard, since I have tried two keyboards. One wired, one wireless. Anyway, the problems are that sometimes keys take 5-10 seconds to respond, keys sometimes hang, and that keys sometimes...
  10. Various Odd Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various Odd Problems.: For starters, I have a pretty badly organised desktop, so my screen is filled with icons. Every now and then, I'll see all of the icons re-render themselves (no idea why - nothing I've done). Here they flash white, then redraw themselves. However, after this, the normal...