Windows 10: Various processes taking up too much cpu

Discus and support Various processes taking up too much cpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have had a problem for a while now where a couple of processes is taking up too much CPU usage. My computer specs: Nvidia GeForce 1060 6gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vilgotlindqvist, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Various processes taking up too much cpu

Hi! I have had a problem for a while now where a couple of processes is taking up too much CPU usage. My computer specs:

• Nvidia GeForce 1060 6gb
    • IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    • 8.00 GB ram
    • Windows 10 64bit

Here is a screenshot of my task manager:

Various processes taking up too much cpu 2a36cd7d-2d32-4e7e-bd14-dd6466fc75a2?upload=true.jpg

This is very annoying because this is only when I have Google Chrome open and nothing else. I have read a lot of posts and trying to troubleshoot the issue but nothing helps.

I have for example tried:

• Scanning for malware
    • Defragment harddrive
    • Disk cleanup
    • Disable all the networks drivers and audio drivers
    • Updated bios and all my drivers
    • Scan for hardware changes
    • Running sfc /scannow in cmd
    • Enabling High Performance in power options.
    • Cleaning my computer from dust

I have tried to solve this issue for a while now and it is driving me insane.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

:)

vilgotlindqvist, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Dec 30, 2020
  3. NT Kernel consistenty taking 25% of CPU Usage

For about 3 weeks I have noticed that the system process in windows 10 is taking 30% of my cpu. I have searched the web and found various ideas for addressing the problem but my techncal skills are a little rusty. I have attached a screenshot from windows performance analyser and wdered if there was anyone who could suggest what I should do next.

Here's hoping.

Various processes taking up too much cpu [​IMG]

davidrippon, Dec 30, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Various processes taking up too much cpu

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Various processes taking up too much cpu

1. Various processes taking up too much cpu - Similar Threads - Various processes taking

2. Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU: Hello There, Has Anyone Else Ever Had An Issue With Task Manager?My CPU Keeps Ramping Up To 30-50% From Just Opening Task Manager, This Only Just Started A Few Hours Ago So I'm Not Sure If It's Something That'll Fix Itself.I've Already Tried A Clean Reboot And It Didn't Work...
  3. Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU: Hello There, Has Anyone Else Ever Had An Issue With Task Manager?My CPU Keeps Ramping Up To 30-50% From Just Opening Task Manager, This Only Just Started A Few Hours Ago So I'm Not Sure If It's Something That'll Fix Itself.I've Already Tried A Clean Reboot And It Didn't Work...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  5. Mail taking up too much storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail taking up too much storage: Hello. I wanted to clean up some space on my PC so I went into the storage tab in settings > system, and noticed that the "mail" section NOT the mail app is taking up 32.5GB. I don't use mail and this might be someone's leftover mail from when this pc was shared, but it no...
  6. Mail taking up too much storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail taking up too much storage: Hello. I wanted to clean up some space on my PC so I went into the storage tab in settings > system, and noticed that the "mail" section NOT the mail app is taking up 32.5GB. I don't use mail and this might be someone's leftover mail from when this pc was shared, but it no...
  7. Mail Protection Service Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail Protection Service Taking Too Much CPU: Mail Protection Service Is Taking Too Much CPUI Have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-protection-service-taking-too-much-cpu/68d47ba7-7648-4955-b179-6b7040a8c440
  8. second explorer process taking too much ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    second explorer process taking too much ram: I have a secondary explorer.exe process that's only showing when I sign in to my user account (not other accounts) that's taking 2.5GB of ram, I tried ending the process tree but it keeps restarting everytime. I used malwarebytes and ccleaner but I still have the issue. I...
  9. "syetem" process takes too much cpu, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "syetem" process takes too much cpu, how to fix?: I recently installed windows 10 on my asus laptop its a brand new laptop , i faced this from since today, how to fix this problem? submitted by /u/reddit-noobuser [link] [comments]...
  10. Local Session Manager Is taking too much of CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Session Manager Is taking too much of CPU: Local session manager is using unusual amount CPU resource, using more than 8-9% in idle more than other heavy applications such browsers. Any methods to reduce this?...