Windows 10: Various usb devices arent detected, or are detected at random.

Discus and support Various usb devices arent detected, or are detected at random. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, So recently I ve been facing a very frustrating problem. When connect a USB devices, lets say an external hdd, a usb flash drive or a mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Giannis Mikes, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Various usb devices arent detected, or are detected at random.

Hi all,

So recently I ve been facing a very frustrating problem. When connect a USB devices, lets say an external hdd, a usb flash drive or a mouse, detection of it from the OS, most of the times wont happen. This doesn't seem to affect devices that are already connected to the pc before booting, like the mouse or the keyboard. However if i disconnect one of these devices and then reconnect it it wont be detected from the OS. Now, sometimes a device i connect, might get detected (this happens around 10% of the time), but i cant figure how to make it happen consistently. The problem, doesn't seem to be port specific, and I can guarantee that all the devices I have tried to connect are in perfect working condition. I went up and updated every driver i could find, installed the latest bios and windows updates, but no luck so far. Also note, that when i say a device isn't detected, i mean that it is powered up (leds turn on, hdds spin etc), but it doesn't show up in any way, even in the device manager or disk manager. I also have tried manually uninstalling the devices through device manager, and rebooting countless of times to no avail. I think the problem really intensified after the venerable October update, which i received yesterday.

Please let me know of any files/logs i can provide.

Thanks in advance

:)

Giannis Mikes, Dec 12, 2018

2. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Motherboard doesn't detect usb 3.0

its enable. I really don't know what happen. Other guy said its a conflit between intel usb 3.0 driver and asmedia usb 3.0. I plug the usb 2 device to usb 3 port and it does detect that drive, but plug usb 3 device to usb 3 port, it doesn't detect. Its weird coz it can detect the usb 3.0 drive when I just finish install win 8.1. After several update, it doesn't detect anymore.

mrthanhnguyen, Dec 12, 2018
  4. chr0nos Win User

Various usb devices arent detected, or are detected at random.

[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Not Detecting USB Devices

Hello everyone

I'm having some trouble with a new Vaio Pro 13 that doesn't want to detect new usb devices buth old ones work fine on the port i plugged them the first time.

It came with factory Windows 8, updgraded the bios to latest version before updating to Windows 8.1

then started acting up not detecting usb flash drives, mouse, keyboard nothing works except 1 usb flash drive that works in both ports but nothing else wants to work.

EDIT: Problem solved it was a physical problem with both ports sending to warranty *Oh Well Various usb devices arent detected, or are detected at random. :eek:hwell:

chr0nos, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Various usb devices arent detected, or are detected at random.

1. Various usb devices arent detected, or are detected at random. - Similar Threads - Various usb devices

2. USB Microphone randomly not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone randomly not being detected: Hi, I have an weird issue where my USB microphone Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ doesn't get recognized by Windows; randomly. This issue started happening ever since I've upgraded to Windows 11 and I can't recall being a problem on Windows 10. Also, I think it may started...
  3. USB Microphone randomly not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone randomly not being detected: Hi, I have an weird issue where my USB microphone Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ doesn't get recognized by Windows; randomly. This issue started happening ever since I've upgraded to Windows 11 and I can't recall being a problem on Windows 10. Also, I think it may started...
  4. USB device not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not detected: I'm trying to use a logitech c920 webcam. Each time i plug it into a USB port, it either says "device not detected" or it will work for maybe 10 seconds and then shut off. I have Logitech G HUB installed. Anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  5. Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop

Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop: I have plugged my MP3 player into the USB socket but is not being detected by my Windows 10 laptop. Please can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-plugged-into-usb-is-not-detected-by-laptop/23a0dee5-c240-4c51-b487-4f4318303047
  6. USB DEVICE COULD NOT BE DETECTED

USB DEVICE COULD NOT BE DETECTED: Hello, I have a microcontroller board BL0080 from Matrix Multimedia. It is a windows- based device. My problem is that I could not download the code through mLoader.exe from Flowcode 8 IDE Integrated Development Environment to my microcontroller board and the problem states...
  7. Windows detects no usb devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows detects no usb devices: Windows 10 is detecting literally no usb devices, during in bios everything works fine, but when I boot into windows they don’t even get power. The also computer freezes on the boot screen 9/10 times Help? submitted by /u/AvoRunner [link] [comments]...
  8. USB DEVICES NOT DETECTED IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB DEVICES NOT DETECTED IN WINDOWS 10: I newly migrated to windows 10 from windows 7 but my usb devices has not been working ever since. What can I do to make them functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-devices-not-detected-in-windows-10/cda82769-608f-4954-a8f9-a0fd3b987e16
  9. USB not detected

USB not detected: Only the USB drives in the back of the desktop computer work. The ones in front won't recognize any USB drives or devices connected by cables. It's like they don't exist. Troublshooter doesn't find any problems. What do I do? I'm too old to be crawling around on the floor...
  10. USB Connected Devices not detected

USB Connected Devices not detected: Laptop: HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-f202na Newly installed Windows 10 Hi I purchased this laptop some months ago using Windows 8.1. I had so many problems and hated the OS so much I upgraded to Windows 10. I have found that some devices I plug in via USB work just fine...