Windows 10: Various W10 explorer menu issues

Discus and support Various W10 explorer menu issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since my recent switch from W7 to W10 several issues spoil the progress. The first installation was a total mess, the second is lots better but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wimyogya, Jul 1, 2019.

1. wimyogya Win User

Various W10 explorer menu issues

Hello,

Since my recent switch from W7 to W10 several issues spoil the progress. The first installation was a total mess, the second is lots better but still has some issues, which all seem related to the Windows Explorer Main menu.
    I put them all here, in one post.
    If it is better to split them up, please advise.

1. NO DRIVE LETTERS
    I use many external hard disks for autobackup reasons. Some of them seemed unconnectable or undetectable or undisplayable. But still: when I (dis)connected them, I did hear a sound... Finally I found in Windows Disk Management AND in Paragon that these 3 drives had not been given a drive letter. I could manually give them one in one of the two programs. Then their display problems were solved. Still the question: why was a drive letter not auto-assigned?
    2. CD/DVD-ROM NOT DISPLAYED
    In the list of devices the G-drive (cd/dvd-rom) is not shown. Sometimes but not always it does show as soon as a cd/dvd is inserted. But usually i just get a W10 message: cd/dvd device detected, what you want to do with it? Then I can start playing the cd/dvd. How to make the drive always visible in the drive list?
    3. WRONG DRIVE ICON
    All disk devices have a disk device icon, except one. That is similar to the others but shows a yellow CD icon. Unimportant but strange. Cannot change it. Why is that?
    4. NO LIBRARIES
    The libraries chapter keeps disappearing. It is not displayed by default. I can right-click and add it, but after a restart it is gone again. How to keep it displayed?
    5. EXTRA DRIVE LIST AT THE END
    At the bottom of the Explorer menu, after the chapters PC and LIBRARIES there is another list of all my connected external drives. The list seems useless, has no header, and cannot be removed. What is it? How to get rid of it?

A number of other issues do not seem explorer-menu-related so I will describe them in separate posts.
    Thanks for any advice,
    Wim

:)

wimyogya, Jul 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Various W10 explorer menu issues - Similar Threads - Various W10 explorer

2. Computer having various issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer having various issues: Ok, so this has been an ongoing issue, and I'm not sure what is happening.So, there have been at least 3 times now when booting up the computer that it gets to the HP logo on bootup, which takes like a second to get to, and then it hangs there. No loading symbols or anything,...
  3. Computer having various issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer having various issues: Ok, so this has been an ongoing issue, and I'm not sure what is happening.So, there have been at least 3 times now when booting up the computer that it gets to the HP logo on bootup, which takes like a second to get to, and then it hangs there. No loading symbols or anything,...
  4. Computer having various issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Various issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Various issues: I'm having several issues out of my computer on the Win 10 Home 64 bit version. On startup, frequently none of the shortcuts for the apps I keep on my taskbar will pull up, start menu will not pull up, anything pertaining to Windows or Microsoft will not pull up, I.E. Apps,...
  6. Various issues in explorer, thumbails/file type icons dissapearing, open with context menu...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Various issues in explorer, thumbails/file type icons dissapearing, open with context menu...: None of these problems exist in a new profile I created. When first login the thumbnails are present, after a while they go away. When try to use file open with, it freezes windows explorer and i have to restart it. There is a com host process running all the time using...
  7. Various Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various Issues: Hello, I am having quite a bit of trouble with various things and I am not too sure how to proceed. An overview of my situation: - Unable to check for updates within the settings app. I am given an error code when I try to check 0x80080005. - When I click on "Advanced...
  8. Strange Windows Explorer Issues in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Windows Explorer Issues in W10: Hello all. Looking to diagnose and troubleshoot (and hopefully fix) an issue with my Toshiba Satellite (A665-S6086) laptop running W10. As a preface to my short ramble: I have my important files, for the most part, backed up in triplicate on external hard drives. There are...
  9. Windows 10 Various Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Various Issues: Please help! I'm currently having lots of different issues with Windows 10 and I'll list them all in case there is some kind of correlation and too give as much information as possible. I'm unable to update Windows and I get these errors: 0xca00a000, 0x80073712 When I try...
  10. Various issues in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various issues in windows 10: Hey guys, So i have been experiencing with several issues with Windows 10. I upgraded from 8.1 with minimal software and configs. I am experiencing issues with chrome and its processes hanging. Chrome will sit and spin trying to load a page then just freeze. I have tracked...