Windows 10: Various W10 explorer menu issues

Discus and support Various W10 explorer menu issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since my recent switch from W7 to W10 several issues spoil the progress. The first installation was a total mess, the second is lots better but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wimyogya, Jul 1, 2019.

1. wimyogya Win User

Various W10 explorer menu issues

Hello,

Since my recent switch from W7 to W10 several issues spoil the progress. The first installation was a total mess, the second is lots better but still has some issues, which all seem related to the Windows Explorer Main menu.
    I put them all here, in one post.
    If it is better to split them up, please advise.

1. NO DRIVE LETTERS
    I use many external hard disks for autobackup reasons. Some of them seemed unconnectable or undetectable or undisplayable. But still: when I (dis)connected them, I did hear a sound... Finally I found in Windows Disk Management AND in Paragon that these 3 drives had not been given a drive letter. I could manually give them one in one of the two programs. Then their display problems were solved. Still the question: why was a drive letter not auto-assigned?
    2. CD/DVD-ROM NOT DISPLAYED
    In the list of devices the G-drive (cd/dvd-rom) is not shown. Sometimes but not always it does show as soon as a cd/dvd is inserted. But usually i just get a W10 message: cd/dvd device detected, what you want to do with it? Then I can start playing the cd/dvd. How to make the drive always visible in the drive list?
    3. WRONG DRIVE ICON
    All disk devices have a disk device icon, except one. That is similar to the others but shows a yellow CD icon. Unimportant but strange. Cannot change it. Why is that?
    4. NO LIBRARIES
    The libraries chapter keeps disappearing. It is not displayed by default. I can right-click and add it, but after a restart it is gone again. How to keep it displayed?
    5. EXTRA DRIVE LIST AT THE END
    At the bottom of the Explorer menu, after the chapters PC and LIBRARIES there is another list of all my connected external drives. The list seems useless, has no header, and cannot be removed. What is it? How to get rid of it?

A number of other issues do not seem explorer-menu-related so I will describe them in separate posts.
    Thanks for any advice,
    Wim

:)

wimyogya, Jul 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Various W10 explorer menu issues - Similar Threads - Various W10 explorer

2. Problem in the start menu on W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in the start menu on W10: Hello everyone, I have Windows 10 PRO updated to may update and subsequent patches. In the last few days, an annoying problem is happening to me. When I turn on the PC and enter into Windows, the start menu is not selectable (in the sense that I click on the windows icon...
  3. Start menu not working in w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working in w10: I try to pin apps to the start menu and no allow me, didn't pin the app, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-working-in-w10/9d909121-0385-48d5-ab5a-d3c5de8a1c32
  4. W10 Sign In Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Sign In Issue: During Installation of W10 I did not select 'sign in required'. Periodically after system goes to sleep or is turned off I must sign in with my W10 password. How can I revert to 'no sign-in required'? 68719
  5. Receiving various BSODs, having issues booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Receiving various BSODs, having issues booting: I've got a Toshiba Satellite C70-A-15G running Windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1) and I've been receiving a lot of BSODs for quite a while now. After dutifully ignoring the problem at first, the computer died on me ever more frequently (displaying several types of BSODs, even a...
  6. Various keyboard issues (Not a problem with keyboard)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Various keyboard issues (Not a problem with keyboard): I have some problems with my keyboard. I know that this not an issue with the keyboard, since I have tried two keyboards. One wired, one wireless. Anyway, the problems are that sometimes keys take 5-10 seconds to respond, keys sometimes hang, and that keys sometimes...
  7. Various issues in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various issues in windows 10: Hey guys, So i have been experiencing with several issues with Windows 10. I upgraded from 8.1 with minimal software and configs. I am experiencing issues with chrome and its processes hanging. Chrome will sit and spin trying to load a page then just freeze. I have tracked...
  8. Start Menu Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issue.: Hi, I have been searching for a solution for this issue. I have checked on the Ten Forums, google, and asked friends. No on seems to have the answer unless I am not using the right keywords. I have updated to 10 from 8.1 as well as clean install. Each time this issues comes...
  9. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu issue: I upgraded from Windows 7 Home. Somewhere along the line a Windows 8 start menu icon ended up on my desktop. I thought I would click on it and see what it did. It changed the start menu to a very cheap looking Windows 7 start menu. I liked the new Windows 10 start menu and...
  10. Issue with various apps and features/ freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with various apps and features/ freezing: ...OK, I'm not real tech savay so bear with me while I try to explain this issue. I have an issue on both my HP laptops that is just ripping my hair out. One laptop is New and worked for 2 weeks (with wifi connection issues) and the other is my previous laptop which worked...