Windows 10: Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive

Discus and support Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having issues with various Windows 10 apps i.e: Windows Store, Windows Defender, Settings, etc. The Windows Store will either take literal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CreeperFino, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive

I've been having issues with various Windows 10 apps i.e: Windows Store, Windows Defender, Settings, etc.

The Windows Store will either take literal hours to open or open and not allow me to sign in sometimes giving the error code 0x800706d9 or 0x80070426 and other functions of the Windows store are also slow. I tried installing the Xbox beta app as an alternative game installer since I've been trying to install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition and it would get stuck on installing and the progress bar will not move.

For Windows Defender, it takes a minute or two to load but at least it actually loads, then if it says there are threats on my PC, clicking "Start actions" doesn't do anything. By the way, whatever virus which might just be a false positive it is picking up isn't the cause of the issues because I've used Norton before which worked just fine and all of my issues were still happening.

For Settings, certain settings will just outright lock up the app. I.E: Accounts > Sync your settings. Settings will also often have issues checking for updates.

I've tried numerous fixes and none of them helped with anything. I've tried the following: SFC /scannow; dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth; renaming the software distribution and catroot2 folders; Windows App Troubleshooter, which previously would never show anything, but now tells me "Hanging or Crashing apps" and not fix anything; Windows Update Troubleshooter, which always gets stuck on "Checking for pending restart."; running wsreset.exe which never does anything and just sits there on an empty command prompt; reinstalling apps including the Microsoft Store with Powershell commands; checked IE proxy settings, resetting/terminating the Microsoft Store within settings; tried using a local account; tried using the hidden Administrator account.

I've even reinstalled Windows 10 the one that keeps all your apps and personal files and even that didn't fix my issue.

Also, I believe I should mention that these issues shouldn't be a problem with my hardware. My specs are listed at the bottom of this post.

I'm at a loss of things to do and I'd really hate to do a complete factory reset and reinstall. Every app that isn'tparticularly a Windows 10 app I think they're called metro apps? work just fine, but Windows 10 exclusive apps typically have a few things wrong with each and every one of them. I'd appreciate any help as this is a problem that's been a thing PROBABLY since installation of Windows. I honestly don't know.

If anyone needs any log files or things of that nature, I'll be glad to post them.

My specs:
    Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2700

GPU: MSI GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X

RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz

Devices I have attached/installed:
    Logitech G502 Mouse

Signo Centaurus KB-730 Keyboard

Headphones plugged into the motherboard's headphone jack on the IO

USB game controller

Blue Snowball microphone

USB to quarter inch cable

Archer T5E PCIe WIFI card

:)

CreeperFino, Jun 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 super slow and unresponsive

Hi,

The slow or unresponsive performance of Windows 10 may be due to a third-party program or other factors like outdated drivers and system issues. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Aside from manually shutting down your laptop, have you also made any recent changes or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you encountered an error message/code?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 24, 2020
  3. installed windows 10 slow and unresponsive hate it

ever since installing windows 10 slow/unresponsive have done suggestions nothing helped wish I didn't install it. Can not get help with it. Newer laptop, was running great until download. Feel very irritated and might go to Mac.

CheriWallace, Jun 24, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive

1. Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive - Similar Threads - Various Apps Slow

2. Windows 10 unresponsive, slow to react and duplicating keyed in info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unresponsive, slow to react and duplicating keyed in info: I am experiencing some difficulties with my system on various browsers, including Bing and Google. As I key in info on my keyboard, the data is slow to display, often delayed, and once the data appears on my screen, the data is incomplete, or keys are duplicated. I have run...
  3. Windows 10 slow and unresponsive on battery below 20% charge

Windows 10 slow and unresponsive on battery below 20% charge: Every time my laptop battery drops below 20%, Windows becomes very unresponsive and slow, even when there are no heavy duty applications running. It happens both when the power saver mode is enabled and disabled. This issue only occurs when it is running on battery and not...
  4. Windows 10 is slow and unresponsive just recently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is slow and unresponsive just recently: A few weeks ago, I noticed that Windows had become slower as in typing in my password for start-up, right-clicking things, searching in Chrome and it would often freeze. I've attempted to look around in other support discussions, but none have ever fit mine. I haven't made...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection is slow and unresponsive

Remote Desktop Connection is slow and unresponsive: When using RDC to remote into W10 Pro latest build and fully updated from W10 Ent latest build and fully updated, the connection is extremely slow or completely unresponsive. I can remote into Server 2012 from the W10 Ent machine without an issue and I can remote into the...
  6. Fix for slow and unresponsive taskbar

Fix for slow and unresponsive taskbar: I am having unusual issues with my taskbar on my computer If anyone knows a permanent fix that would be greatly appreciated My taskbar along the bottom of my computer screen is being slow or unresponsive like the windows button and cortana also the other icons at the...
  7. Windows is slow and settings is unresponsive, crashes and is slow.

Windows is slow and settings is unresponsive, crashes and is slow.: Settings is slow on my device and usually crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-slow-and-settings-is-unresponsive/306eb610-8a2d-4398-b915-7a7d17bb0106
  8. Slow and unresponsive laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow and unresponsive laptop: My old laptop started slowing down and going unresponsive. I thought it was getting ready to crash so I purchased a new one. I transferred everything to the new laptop and it is doing the same thing. When I first start the computer, it runs fine. After some time, it starts...
  9. PC gets slow and unresponsive

PC gets slow and unresponsive: After I installed a fresh version of Windows on my PC, it gets slow periodically and freezes momentarily. After a bit, it gets back to normal. This happens quite often during the day. Moreover for some reason, I have windows installed in two places (I have two hard drives) -...
  10. Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden: I have installed the Anniversary update and 2 updates since then and all of the sudden my desktop is slow and unresponsive. Icons on the task bar do not highlight when the cursor passes over them. If you let the cursor sit on an icon for a while it may highlight. Any dialog...